Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jul 2006, 06:43 am
dgk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Too much for a fit

I was serious enough to get to talking price. She came up with $19,500
for the sport with a cargo net. I pointed to a nearby 2006 Accord LX
listed for $18,950. Yes, she says, but there are lots of Accords, and
few Fits. We charge over MSRP for them. Well, then let other folks pay
that money for it.

I also couldn't quickly locate a bike rack for the back, and that's
critical for me. So when I find out for sure that a bike rack fits the
Fit, she says that she can do better. It has to be a lot better. Like
$2500 to $3000.

I guess I throw some more money into my 1991 Accord and wait another
year or so.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jul 2006, 08:29 am
sapper
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Too much for a fit


dgk wrote:
> I was serious enough to get to talking price. She came up with $19,500
> for the sport with a cargo net. I pointed to a nearby 2006 Accord LX
> listed for $18,950. Yes, she says, but there are lots of Accords, and
> few Fits. We charge over MSRP for them. Well, then let other folks pay
> that money for it.
>
> I also couldn't quickly locate a bike rack for the back, and that's
> critical for me. So when I find out for sure that a bike rack fits the
> Fit, she says that she can do better. It has to be a lot better. Like
> $2500 to $3000.
>
> I guess I throw some more money into my 1991 Accord and wait another
> year or so.


I got mine for MSRP. Go to a different dealer.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 18 Jul 2006, 10:48 pm
Mike Doyle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Too much for a fit

dgk wrote:
> I was serious enough to get to talking price. She came up with $19,500
> for the sport with a cargo net. I pointed to a nearby 2006 Accord LX
> listed for $18,950. Yes, she says, but there are lots of Accords, and
> few Fits. We charge over MSRP for them. Well, then let other folks pay
> that money for it.
>
> I also couldn't quickly locate a bike rack for the back, and that's
> critical for me. So when I find out for sure that a bike rack fits the
> Fit, she says that she can do better. It has to be a lot better. Like
> $2500 to $3000.
>
> I guess I throw some more money into my 1991 Accord and wait another
> year or so.



Won't the bike fit inside the Fit?

Thought that was the idea of the magic seat.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jul 2006, 07:05 am
dgk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Too much for a fit

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 03:48:29 GMT, Mike Doyle
<sigifrith@frontiernet.net> wrote:

>dgk wrote:
>> I was serious enough to get to talking price. She came up with $19,500
>> for the sport with a cargo net. I pointed to a nearby 2006 Accord LX
>> listed for $18,950. Yes, she says, but there are lots of Accords, and
>> few Fits. We charge over MSRP for them. Well, then let other folks pay
>> that money for it.
>>
>> I also couldn't quickly locate a bike rack for the back, and that's
>> critical for me. So when I find out for sure that a bike rack fits the
>> Fit, she says that she can do better. It has to be a lot better. Like
>> $2500 to $3000.
>>
>> I guess I throw some more money into my 1991 Accord and wait another
>> year or so.

>
>
>Won't the bike fit inside the Fit?
>
>Thought that was the idea of the magic seat.


One will, though probably with the front tire removed. Two big bikes
won't without getting very scratched. Plus, there is the occasional
need to bring other stuff along that takes that space. No, bikes
belong on the back. Surfboards belong on top.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jul 2006, 09:16 am
rick++
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Too much for a fit

I got a season-end new civic for $13K a year and half ago.
They added a VP ugragrade without cost.
I got 41 mpg on my road trip last week- just as good as a fit.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jul 2006, 10:32 am
dgk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Too much for a fit

On 19 Jul 2006 07:16:21 -0700, "rick++" <rick303@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I got a season-end new civic for $13K a year and half ago.
>They added a VP ugragrade without cost.
>I got 41 mpg on my road trip last week- just as good as a fit.


I'm thinking of the Fit because parking will be easier and because I
like the way stuff, well, fits into it. Still, if I could find a Civic
for $13K I'd take it. They were showing me used Civics what were $19K.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jul 2006, 12:18 pm
Skippy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Too much for a fit


"dgk" <dgk@somewhere.com> wrote in message
news:t0ksb25k4dteskolkve23r4ssbkpanrtr2@4ax.com...
> On 19 Jul 2006 07:16:21 -0700, "rick++" <rick303@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I got a season-end new civic for $13K a year and half ago.
>>They added a VP ugragrade without cost.
>>I got 41 mpg on my road trip last week- just as good as a fit.

>
> I'm thinking of the Fit because parking will be easier and because I
> like the way stuff, well, fits into it. Still, if I could find a Civic
> for $13K I'd take it. They were showing me used Civics what were $19K.


Yup stuff does indeed fit in!

As a 'small car' I love the way it easily fits 1 or 2 bikes in. Normally 2
or 3 go on the tow-bar rack though.

I don't know if the 1.4 iDSI is available in the US, but it does 50MPG for
me.

I have a friend who designs stuff for luxury cars and he now sings the
praises of Jazz (magic seats and build quality especially). Obviously I'm
biased because I own one (and love it), but they really are great 'little'
cars.

Skippy
E&OE


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 20 Jul 2006, 03:00 pm
dgk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Too much for a fit

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:18:56 +0100, "Skippy" <Skippy@spam.com> wrote:

>
>"dgk" <dgk@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>news:t0ksb25k4dteskolkve23r4ssbkpanrtr2@4ax.com.. .
>> On 19 Jul 2006 07:16:21 -0700, "rick++" <rick303@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I got a season-end new civic for $13K a year and half ago.
>>>They added a VP ugragrade without cost.
>>>I got 41 mpg on my road trip last week- just as good as a fit.

>>
>> I'm thinking of the Fit because parking will be easier and because I
>> like the way stuff, well, fits into it. Still, if I could find a Civic
>> for $13K I'd take it. They were showing me used Civics what were $19K.

>
>Yup stuff does indeed fit in!
>
>As a 'small car' I love the way it easily fits 1 or 2 bikes in. Normally 2
>or 3 go on the tow-bar rack though.
>
>I don't know if the 1.4 iDSI is available in the US, but it does 50MPG for
>me.
>
>I have a friend who designs stuff for luxury cars and he now sings the
>praises of Jazz (magic seats and build quality especially). Obviously I'm
>biased because I own one (and love it), but they really are great 'little'
>cars.
>
>Skippy
>E&OE
>

There's a tow bar? That takes a bike rack?
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 20 Jul 2006, 03:32 pm
Skippy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Too much for a fit


"dgk" <sonice@zero-spam-hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:v6ovb21litur8fhv5404djbjarqago2k7m@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:18:56 +0100, "Skippy" <Skippy@spam.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>"dgk" <dgk@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>>news:t0ksb25k4dteskolkve23r4ssbkpanrtr2@4ax.com. ..
>>> On 19 Jul 2006 07:16:21 -0700, "rick++" <rick303@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>>I got a season-end new civic for $13K a year and half ago.
>>>>They added a VP ugragrade without cost.
>>>>I got 41 mpg on my road trip last week- just as good as a fit.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of the Fit because parking will be easier and because I
>>> like the way stuff, well, fits into it. Still, if I could find a Civic
>>> for $13K I'd take it. They were showing me used Civics what were $19K.

>>
>>Yup stuff does indeed fit in!
>>
>>As a 'small car' I love the way it easily fits 1 or 2 bikes in. Normally
>>2
>>or 3 go on the tow-bar rack though.
>>
>>I don't know if the 1.4 iDSI is available in the US, but it does 50MPG for
>>me.
>>
>>I have a friend who designs stuff for luxury cars and he now sings the
>>praises of Jazz (magic seats and build quality especially). Obviously
>>I'm
>>biased because I own one (and love it), but they really are great 'little'
>>cars.
>>
>>Skippy
>>E&OE
>>

> There's a tow bar? That takes a bike rack?


Yup

http://www.pendle-bike.co.uk/Nulldet...Support%20Rack

And Honda list 2 different tow bars, in the UK anyway

Skippy
E&OE


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 20 Jul 2006, 07:49 pm
dgk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Too much for a fit

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:32:59 +0100, "Skippy" <Skippy@spam.com> wrote:

>
>"dgk" <sonice@zero-spam-hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:v6ovb21litur8fhv5404djbjarqago2k7m@4ax.com.. .
>> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:18:56 +0100, "Skippy" <Skippy@spam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>"dgk" <dgk@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>>>news:t0ksb25k4dteskolkve23r4ssbkpanrtr2@4ax.com ...
>>>> On 19 Jul 2006 07:16:21 -0700, "rick++" <rick303@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>I got a season-end new civic for $13K a year and half ago.
>>>>>They added a VP ugragrade without cost.
>>>>>I got 41 mpg on my road trip last week- just as good as a fit.
>>>>
>>>> I'm thinking of the Fit because parking will be easier and because I
>>>> like the way stuff, well, fits into it. Still, if I could find a Civic
>>>> for $13K I'd take it. They were showing me used Civics what were $19K.
>>>
>>>Yup stuff does indeed fit in!
>>>
>>>As a 'small car' I love the way it easily fits 1 or 2 bikes in. Normally
>>>2
>>>or 3 go on the tow-bar rack though.
>>>
>>>I don't know if the 1.4 iDSI is available in the US, but it does 50MPG for
>>>me.
>>>
>>>I have a friend who designs stuff for luxury cars and he now sings the
>>>praises of Jazz (magic seats and build quality especially). Obviously
>>>I'm
>>>biased because I own one (and love it), but they really are great 'little'
>>>cars.
>>>
>>>Skippy
>>>E&OE
>>>

>> There's a tow bar? That takes a bike rack?

>
>Yup
>
>http://www.pendle-bike.co.uk/Nulldet...Support%20Rack
>
>And Honda list 2 different tow bars, in the UK anyway
>
>Skippy
>E&OE
>

There are no tow bars on the Fit. There is a hook under the rear door,
which looks like the kind of thing that would be used to tow the car
out of a ditch.

I found a dealer willing to sell the car for MSRP so I ordered the
Sport in Blaze Orange. Now all I have to do is see if they actually
get it. And I definitely have to find a bike rack, and, if I get the
car within two weeks, I need that rack quickly. I'm going on vacation
and the bikes have to come along.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.