Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jun 2011, 11:01 pm
Cameo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Towing a Honda 4WD

I was wondering if it is allowed to tow a Honda 4WD, such as the CR-V or
you need a flat bad truck for it like for a Subaru.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2011, 01:12 am
Dave Dodson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Towing a Honda 4WD

"Cameo" <cameo@invalid.invalid> wrote in news:iu6aua$s4q$1@dont-email.me:

> I was wondering if it is allowed to tow a Honda 4WD, such as the CR-V or
> you need a flat bad truck for it like for a Subaru.
>
>


LOOK OUT here comes Elmo, again....So I'll beat him to it - "Read your
owner's manual!".....Sigh!!!!
DaveD
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2011, 01:50 am
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Towing a Honda 4WD

In article <iu6aua$s4q$1@dont-email.me>,
"Cameo" <cameo@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I was wondering if it is allowed to tow a Honda 4WD, such as the CR-V or
> you need a flat bad truck for it like for a Subaru.


Take the wheels off the ground, however you do it, except for the very
first few feet where you're pulling it out of the ditch.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2011, 01:50 am
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Towing a Honda 4WD

In article <Xns9F0FE1D2A954FDaveD@209.112.128.246>,
Dave Dodson <dave6985@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Cameo" <cameo@invalid.invalid> wrote in news:iu6aua$s4q$1@dont-email.me:
>
> > I was wondering if it is allowed to tow a Honda 4WD, such as the CR-V or
> > you need a flat bad truck for it like for a Subaru.
> >
> >

>
> LOOK OUT here comes Elmo, again....So I'll beat him to it - "Read your
> owner's manual!".....Sigh!!!!
> DaveD


My faith is upheld.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2011, 07:56 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Towing a Honda 4WD

"Cameo" <cameo@invalid.invalid> wrote in news:iu6aua$s4q$1@dont-email.me:

> I was wondering if it is allowed to tow a Honda 4WD, such as the CR-V or
> you need a flat bad truck for it like for a Subaru.
>



It's called "dinghy towing".

If you don't have your Owner's Manual, try here:
<http://motorhome.tl.com/dinghytowingguide/>

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2011, 03:44 pm
Jim Yanik
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Towing a Honda 4WD

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in
news:elmop-DE297E.02500826062011@news.eternal-september.org:

> In article <iu6aua$s4q$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Cameo" <cameo@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if it is allowed to tow a Honda 4WD, such as the CR-V
>> or you need a flat bad truck for it like for a Subaru.

>
> Take the wheels off the ground, however you do it, except for the very
> first few feet where you're pulling it out of the ditch.
>


I'm surprised you didn't suggest to RTFM;
it should have info on towing.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
localnet
dot com
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2011, 09:17 pm
Cameo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Towing a Honda 4WD

"Dave Dodson" <dave6985@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9F0FE1D2A954FDaveD@209.112.128.246...
> LOOK OUT here comes Elmo, again....So I'll beat him to it - "Read
> your
> owner's manual!".....Sigh!!!!


If you ever read my posts here you would know that I have a '94
Accord. I am only considering a 4WD. Ergo I have no such Owner's Manual
yet.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 27 Jun 2011, 05:26 am
Tinkerer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Towing a Honda 4WD


"Jim Yanik" <jyanik@abuse.gov> wrote in message
news:Xns9F10AA5403529jyaniklocalnetcom@216.168.3.4 4...
> "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in
> news:elmop-DE297E.02500826062011@news.eternal-september.org:
>
>> In article <iu6aua$s4q$1@dont-email.me>,
>> "Cameo" <cameo@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> I was wondering if it is allowed to tow a Honda 4WD, such as the CR-V
>>> or you need a flat bad truck for it like for a Subaru.

>>
>> Take the wheels off the ground, however you do it, except for the very
>> first few feet where you're pulling it out of the ditch.
>>

>
> I'm surprised you didn't suggest to RTFM;
> it should have info on towing.
>


Read the whole thread, that was already covered.
--
Tinkerer


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 27 Jun 2011, 12:51 pm
Cameo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Towing a Honda 4WD

"Tinkerer" <invalid@invalidaddress.inv> wrote in message
news:iu9ltc$orh$1@news.albasani.net...
>> I'm surprised you didn't suggest to RTFM;
>> it should have info on towing.
>>

>
> Read the whole thread, that was already covered.


But lecturing others is so much more fun!

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oak Lawn IL Honda Car Towing Coupon skylight Honda Videos 0 06 Apr 2011 11:10 pm
Will towing my 2007 Honda CRV put milage on the CRV odometer? mot77777 Honda Technical 6 05 Nov 2007 11:18 am
towing capicity on a 94 honda accord? rednhnh Honda Technical 4 15 Aug 2007 07:15 pm
Towing a Honda R. P. Honda 3 2 29 Jul 2005 08:38 am
Honda Element towing Chris Honda 3 1 11 Jun 2004 10:56 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.