Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 02:20 pm
momo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 93 civic hot engine does not restart

93 civic with ~200,000Km. The engine would not restart , or start and
stall
immediately, after it is warmed up. I need to wait about 3~5 min before
being able to restart and go.

It happened twice recently. We stopped at the bank ABM for 5 minutes
and
came back out , the car started but stalled immdiately. Tried several
time
to start but no go. Decided to wait for a bit and it started fine. The
battery did not seem to be the problem as it cranked over well and the
weather is hot and dry.

Did anyone experience this before ? Where should I start to look for
problem
? The fuel line corroded and was serviced in January this year. The
corroded
part was cut off and replaced with a rubber line, since it was not high
pressure.

Thanks for the help...

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 03:13 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 civic hot engine does not restart

"momo" <maurice.duong@gmail.com> wrote in
news:1151346025.816423.274480@y41g2000cwy.googlegr oups.com:

> 93 civic with ~200,000Km. The engine would not restart , or start and
> stall
> immediately, after it is warmed up. I need to wait about 3~5 min before
> being able to restart and go.
>
> It happened twice recently. We stopped at the bank ABM for 5 minutes
> and
> came back out , the car started but stalled immdiately. Tried several
> time
> to start but no go. Decided to wait for a bit and it started fine. The
> battery did not seem to be the problem as it cranked over well and the
> weather is hot and dry.
>
> Did anyone experience this before ? Where should I start to look for
> problem
> ? The fuel line corroded and was serviced in January this year. The
> corroded
> part was cut off and replaced with a rubber line, since it was not high
> pressure.
>
> Thanks for the help...
>
>




Ready everybody?

All together now!

"It's the .......!"

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 04:08 pm
true_playa via CarKB.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 civic hot engine does not restart

TeGGeR® wrote:
>> 93 civic with ~200,000Km. The engine would not restart , or start and
>> stall

>[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
>>
>> Thanks for the help...

>
>Ready everybody?
>
>All together now!
>
>"It's the .......!"
>

fuel filter???? that is what i would gues but i am not sure i havent had tat
problem but i would guess the fuel filter

--
Message posted via CarKB.com
http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx...-cars/200606/1
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 04:10 pm
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 civic hot engine does not restart

"TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
news:Xns97EE9AFC2E363tegger@207.14.116.130...
> "momo" <maurice.duong@gmail.com> wrote in
> news:1151346025.816423.274480@y41g2000cwy.googlegr oups.com:
>
>> 93 civic with ~200,000Km. The engine would not restart , or start and
>> stall
>> immediately, after it is warmed up. I need to wait about 3~5 min before
>> being able to restart and go.
>>
>> It happened twice recently. We stopped at the bank ABM for 5 minutes
>> and
>> came back out , the car started but stalled immdiately. Tried several
>> time
>> to start but no go. Decided to wait for a bit and it started fine. The
>> battery did not seem to be the problem as it cranked over well and the
>> weather is hot and dry.
>>
>> Did anyone experience this before ? Where should I start to look for
>> problem
>> ? The fuel line corroded and was serviced in January this year. The
>> corroded
>> part was cut off and replaced with a rubber line, since it was not high
>> pressure.
>>
>> Thanks for the help...
>>
>>

>
>
>
> Ready everybody?
>
> All together now!
>
> "It's the .......!"
>
> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/


Ooh! ooh! I know! The main relay
http://tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html

Mike


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 05:58 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 civic hot engine does not restart

"Michael Pardee" <michaeltnull@cybertrails.com> wrote in
news:VPmdnaLLU5zNoj3ZnZ2dnUVZ_vydnZ2d@sedona.net:

> "TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
> news:Xns97EE9AFC2E363tegger@207.14.116.130...


>>
>> Ready everybody?
>>
>> All together now!
>>
>> "It's the .......!"
>>

>
>
> Ooh! ooh! I know! The main relay
> http://tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html
>




A gold star for you, young feller.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 09:11 pm
'Curly Q. Links'
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 civic hot engine does not restart

"TeGGeR®" wrote:
> Ready everybody?
>
> All together now!
>
> "It's the .......!"


.. . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY

.. . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY

.. . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY

.. . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY

'Curly'
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 09:38 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 civic hot engine does not restart

"'Curly Q. Links'" <motsco__@interbaun.com> wrote in
news:44A085C1.253CC85C@interbaun.com:

> "TeGGeR®" wrote:
>> Ready everybody?
>>
>> All together now!
>>
>> "It's the .......!"

>
> . . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY
>
> . . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY
>
> . . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY
>
> . . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY
>




You seem to be stuck. <WHACK!>. That's better.

Gold star to you too.


--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 09:42 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 civic hot engine does not restart

"momo" <maurice.duong@gmail.com> wrote in
news:1151346025.816423.274480@y41g2000cwy.googlegr oups.com:

> 93 civic with ~200,000Km. The engine would not restart , or start and
> stall
> immediately, after it is warmed up. I need to wait about 3~5 min before
> being able to restart and go.
>




Hey, we're not making fun of you. It's just that this is the #1 problem
with any Honda. Reports of this peak in the summer months.

The Main Relay lives under the dash, above the hood latch. The solder
cracks over time, creating the symptoms you feel. You can repair if you
know how to solder, or replace at about $70.

See here:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/start...html#mainrelay


--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 27 Jun 2006, 07:20 am
N.E.Ohio Bob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 93 civic hot engine does not restart

TeGGeR® wrote:

>
>
>
> Ready everybody?
>
> All together now!
>
> "It's the .......!"
>


New game show on the Speed Network. bob
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 27 Jun 2006, 11:55 am
momo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Thx : 93 civic hot engine does not restart

That's where I am going to start the repair, the main relay. A big
thank to TeGGeR and all the contributors. You helped me fix the tail
light problem where the ground wire corroded in the socket connection.

TeGGeR® wrote:
> "momo" <maurice.duong@gmail.com> wrote in
> news:1151346025.816423.274480@y41g2000cwy.googlegr oups.com:
>
> > 93 civic with ~200,000Km. The engine would not restart , or start and
> > stall
> > immediately, after it is warmed up. I need to wait about 3~5 min before
> > being able to restart and go.
> >

>
>
>
> Hey, we're not making fun of you. It's just that this is the #1 problem
> with any Honda. Reports of this peak in the summer months.
>
> The Main Relay lives under the dash, above the hood latch. The solder
> cracks over time, creating the symptoms you feel. You can repair if you
> know how to solder, or replace at about $70.
>
> See here:
> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/start...html#mainrelay
>
>
> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cannot restart after driving in hot weather Ben Honda 3 3 29 May 2007 12:20 pm
90 accord LX won't restart but 15 minuts later starts fine. robert sheldon Honda 2 8 21 Aug 2005 09:35 am
Restart stalling on '99 Accord ULEV-4 Randy MacKenna Honda 3 6 30 Jun 2005 11:36 pm
93 Civic engine light on after turning off engine and restarting Gonzo970 Honda 3 6 12 Jul 2004 06:43 pm
Intermittent restart problem Charles Henderson Honda 2 4 12 Aug 2003 04:50 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.