Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jun 2006, 09:24 pm
glenf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic?

I know that it is probably easy, like patting the top of your head and
rubbing your tummy, but what is the proper proceedure?

TIA
glen at ccim dot net


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jun 2006, 10:25 pm
bearman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic?


"glenf" <ccim@jps.net> wrote in message
news:PzHng.12251$o4.406@newsread2.news.pas.earthli nk.net...
>I know that it is probably easy, like patting the top of your head and
> rubbing your tummy, but what is the proper proceedure?
>
> TIA
> glen at ccim dot net
>
>


RTFM !
--
Bearman

If it's got tits, tires, tubes, or transistors, it's trouble.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 08:36 am
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic?

"glenf" <ccim@jps.net> wrote in
news:PzHng.12251$o4.406@newsread2.news.pas.earthli nk.net:

> I know that it is probably easy, like patting the top of your head and
> rubbing your tummy, but what is the proper proceedure?
>



Go here:
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

1) Click on Owner's Manuals
2) Navigate to the manual for the '03 Civic Sedan
3) Look at page 68.


--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 08:50 am
Elle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic?

"TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote
> "glenf" <ccim@jps.net> wrote
>> I know that it is probably easy, like patting the top of
>> your head and
>> rubbing your tummy, but what is the proper proceedure?
>>

>
>
> Go here:
> https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
>
> 1) Click on Owner's Manuals
> 2) Navigate to the manual for the '03 Civic Sedan
> 3) Look at page 68.


Does one have to register/subscribe at this site to get the
full owner's manual? I can only get to the first page,
whence there's a warning that this is all that may be
accessible for certain years.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 10:54 am
glenf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic?

Thanks TeGGeR! While I am not a subscriber to the site, I was able to get
to (albeit slowly) page 68 in the 2003 manual, and find the "pat your head,
rub your tummy" instructions.
"Elle" <honda.lioness@nospam.earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:yCRng.1514$NP4.1436@newsread1.news.pas.earthl ink.net...
> "TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote
> > "glenf" <ccim@jps.net> wrote
> >> I know that it is probably easy, like patting the top of
> >> your head and
> >> rubbing your tummy, but what is the proper proceedure?
> >>

> >
> >
> > Go here:
> > https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
> >
> > 1) Click on Owner's Manuals
> > 2) Navigate to the manual for the '03 Civic Sedan
> > 3) Look at page 68.

>
> Does one have to register/subscribe at this site to get the
> full owner's manual? I can only get to the first page,
> whence there's a warning that this is all that may be
> accessible for certain years.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 01:02 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic?

"Elle" <honda.lioness@nospam.earthlink.net> wrote in
news:yCRng.1514$NP4.1436@newsread1.news.pas.earthl ink.net:

> "TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote
>> "glenf" <ccim@jps.net> wrote
>>> I know that it is probably easy, like patting the top of
>>> your head and
>>> rubbing your tummy, but what is the proper proceedure?
>>>

>>
>>
>> Go here:
>> https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
>>
>> 1) Click on Owner's Manuals
>> 2) Navigate to the manual for the '03 Civic Sedan
>> 3) Look at page 68.

>
> Does one have to register/subscribe at this site to get the
> full owner's manual?




No.



> I can only get to the first page,
> whence there's a warning that this is all that may be
> accessible for certain years.
>
>



Some of the very new manuals are sort of limited, but I've had no troupble
at all accessing the vast majority of them. What version of Acrobat are you
using, and what browser?



--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 03:58 pm
Elle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic?

"TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote
> "Elle" <honda.lioness@nospam.earthlink.net> wrote
>>> Go here:
>>> https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
>>>
>>> 1) Click on Owner's Manuals
>>> 2) Navigate to the manual for the '03 Civic Sedan
>>> 3) Look at page 68.

snip
> Some of the very new manuals are sort of limited, but I've
> had no troupble
> at all accessing the vast majority of them. What version
> of Acrobat are you
> using, and what browser?


Acrobat 7.0. Neither my Mozilla Firefox nor my Internet
Explorer will show me more than one page.

It's the 2003 Civic Sedan owner's manual, among others, for
which I couldn't get more than one page.

But the OP said he got it. So the problem must be at my
computer.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 06:30 pm
MinnesotaMike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic?


>
> Acrobat 7.0. Neither my Mozilla Firefox nor my Internet
> Explorer will show me more than one page.
>
> It's the 2003 Civic Sedan owner's manual, among others, for
> which I couldn't get more than one page.
>
> But the OP said he got it. So the problem must be at my
> computer.
>
>


In the upper right hand corner of the white page, there is an arrow.
Click the right arrow to get to the next page. After a few pages, then
you can use the Acrobat controls at the bottom. I use Firefox by the way.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 06:33 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic?

"Elle" <honda.lioness@nospam.earthlink.net> wrote in
newsTXng.1736$NP4.433@newsread1.news.pas.earthli nk.net:

> "TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote
>> "Elle" <honda.lioness@nospam.earthlink.net> wrote
>>>> Go here:
>>>> https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
>>>>
>>>> 1) Click on Owner's Manuals
>>>> 2) Navigate to the manual for the '03 Civic Sedan
>>>> 3) Look at page 68.

> snip
>> Some of the very new manuals are sort of limited, but I've
>> had no troupble
>> at all accessing the vast majority of them. What version
>> of Acrobat are you
>> using, and what browser?

>
> Acrobat 7.0. Neither my Mozilla Firefox nor my Internet
> Explorer will show me more than one page.




I think I see what you mean. You're right in that it will only give it to
you a page at a time. Why, I do not know.

However, it is possible in a roundabout way to obtain the whole document. I
tried the method below:

I noticed some pages came over individually, while others came in batches
of ten or so. Open up the "Thumbnails" tab in Acrobat Reader so you'll know
how they've come over. Next, view each page in the batch so you can be sure
they're all actually there. After that, and before clicking on a page
outside of that batch, save the file to disk, calling it something like
"Pages_8-15.pdf" (for example).

What a PITA. Maybe Honda decided to break the files up this way to keep
download times short.



--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2006, 07:30 pm
Patrick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic?

Doesn't work for me. I get an error "The specified file blahblahblah.pdf
does not exist". I had tried looking at the 03 Odyssey before with no luck
and tried the Civic since some of you could see it.

Runing Windows XP, Acrobat Reader 7.0, and Internet Explorer.

"TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
news:Xns97EEC70FEA162tegger@207.14.116.130...
> "Elle" <honda.lioness@nospam.earthlink.net> wrote in
> newsTXng.1736$NP4.433@newsread1.news.pas.earthli nk.net:
>
>> "TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote
>>> "Elle" <honda.lioness@nospam.earthlink.net> wrote
>>>>> Go here:
>>>>> https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
>>>>>
>>>>> 1) Click on Owner's Manuals
>>>>> 2) Navigate to the manual for the '03 Civic Sedan
>>>>> 3) Look at page 68.

>> snip
>>> Some of the very new manuals are sort of limited, but I've
>>> had no troupble
>>> at all accessing the vast majority of them. What version
>>> of Acrobat are you
>>> using, and what browser?

>>
>> Acrobat 7.0. Neither my Mozilla Firefox nor my Internet
>> Explorer will show me more than one page.

>
>
>
> I think I see what you mean. You're right in that it will only give it to
> you a page at a time. Why, I do not know.
>
> However, it is possible in a roundabout way to obtain the whole document.
> I
> tried the method below:
>
> I noticed some pages came over individually, while others came in batches
> of ten or so. Open up the "Thumbnails" tab in Acrobat Reader so you'll
> know
> how they've come over. Next, view each page in the batch so you can be
> sure
> they're all actually there. After that, and before clicking on a page
> outside of that batch, save the file to disk, calling it something like
> "Pages_8-15.pdf" (for example).
>
> What a PITA. Maybe Honda decided to break the files up this way to keep
> download times short.
>
>
>
> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flashing "Maintenance Required" light / 99 Odyssey Mike Honda 2 6 07 Jun 2007 01:05 am
How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic? glenf Honda 1 13 22 Sep 2006 07:37 pm
94 Integra "Maintenance Req'd" light BigBadBob Acura 3 10 Oct 2004 07:35 pm
2002 Accord - Ques. about "Maintenance Req'd" light - NOT reset question Ohaya Honda 3 5 17 Jan 2004 10:34 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.