Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jun 2006, 02:41 pm
Cheech
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Best anti-theft device for 2000 honda accord lx

There haas been recent car thefts in my area and I need something to
insure my car will be here in the morning when I go to bed at night.
You guys have any recommendations for anti-theft devices/systems that
really work? Thanks for the help in advance.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jun 2006, 08:18 pm
'Curly Q. Links'
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best anti-theft device for 2000 honda accord lx

Cheech wrote:
>
> There has been recent car thefts in my area and I need something to
> insure my car will be here in the morning when I go to bed at night.
> You guys have any recommendations for anti-theft devices/systems that
> really work? Thanks for the help in advance.



-------------------------------------

A crack-head with a double-barrel shotgun sleeping in the back seat is a
good one . .

'Curly'
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jun 2006, 08:40 pm
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best anti-theft device for 2000 honda accord lx

"'Curly Q. Links'" <motsco__@interbaun.com> wrote in message
news:44949BC6.7D6F98DC@interbaun.com...
> Cheech wrote:
>>
>> There has been recent car thefts in my area and I need something to
>> insure my car will be here in the morning when I go to bed at night.
>> You guys have any recommendations for anti-theft devices/systems that
>> really work? Thanks for the help in advance.

>
>
> -------------------------------------
>
> A crack-head with a double-barrel shotgun sleeping in the back seat is a
> good one . .
>
> 'Curly'


Not far off track. When I lived in a particularly bad neighborhood (my
apartment was broken into three times within a 2 week span) nobody's car was
ever disturbed on the street. Everybody knew that if they were caught
messing with somebody's car a quick death was too much to hope for.

Mike


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03 Jul 2006, 11:18 am
Jay Fowler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best anti-theft device for 2000 honda accord lx

On 17 Jun 2006 11:41:12 -0700, "Cheech" <superchuntey@gmail.com>
wrote:

>There haas been recent car thefts in my area and I need something to
>insure my car will be here in the morning when I go to bed at night.
>You guys have any recommendations for anti-theft devices/systems that
>really work? Thanks for the help in advance.


I highly recomend a product called Autolok 2000. It completely covers
the steering wheel airbag, is highly visible and very difficult to
defeat. If you do an internet search, you'll see alot of positive
reviews. I've had two of them for several years and aside from the
inconveniance of storing when not in use, they're great.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12 Jul 2006, 05:21 am
Burt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best anti-theft device for 2000 honda accord lx

"Jay Fowler" <jfowler72@comcast.net> wrote

> >There haas been recent car thefts in my area and I need something to
> >insure my car will be here in the morning when I go to bed at night.
> >You guys have any recommendations for anti-theft devices/systems that
> >really work? Thanks for the help in advance.

>
> I highly recomend a product called Autolok 2000. It completely covers
> the steering wheel airbag, is highly visible and very difficult to
> defeat. If you do an internet search, you'll see alot of positive
> reviews. I've had two of them for several years and aside from the
> inconveniance of storing when not in use, they're great.


This product has its limitations. First being that it doesn't cover the
rest of the wheel and can be defeated with a ordinary hammer. Here
is an image they don't want you to see.

http://www.autolok.hu/data/alkotok/aut2000/kepe.jpg

Many steering wheels are bendable in case you smash
yourself in a collision. One of the best security is an
electronic immobilzer integrated into the car's computer
that is secured and hidden.






Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anti-theft device for my 2006 RSX lilrdgsr Acura 0 09 Jul 2006 05:09 pm
Best anti-theft device for Honda Accord LX Cheech Honda 3 6 04 Jul 2006 12:35 am
Best anti-theft system/device for 2000 Honda Accord LX Cheech Honda 1 0 17 Jun 2006 02:42 pm
Best anti-theft device for new Honda? John DiFool Honda 2 16 29 Dec 2005 12:08 am
2000 Honda CR-V Anti-theft security system Problem! dineshkumars@gmail.com Honda 2 7 18 Nov 2005 08:42 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.