Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jun 2006, 11:21 am
Spaz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Dirty tactics by Honda dealers

Tried to get a look at a Honda Fit today. Local dealers don't have one so I called a dealer 35
miles away, they said they had one on the lot. I was there in less than an hour and they said, "oh,
sorry, someone just drove off with it." Then they tried to push other cars on me. Thanks assholes.
You lie to get me to drive a long distance for nothing then try to pressure me into buying something
I don't want. Bye bye, Honda! Hello Ford Focus!


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jun 2006, 12:25 pm
Mike Doyle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty tactics by Honda dealers

Spaz wrote:
> Tried to get a look at a Honda Fit today. Local dealers don't have one so I called a dealer 35
> miles away, they said they had one on the lot. I was there in less than an hour and they said, "oh,
> sorry, someone just drove off with it." Then they tried to push other cars on me. Thanks assholes.
> You lie to get me to drive a long distance for nothing then try to pressure me into buying something
> I don't want. Bye bye, Honda! Hello Ford Focus!
>
>



I've been to dealers that had Fits on the lot. The next day, they were
gone.
Maybe it really did sell.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jun 2006, 01:01 pm
Charles Lasitter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty tactics by Honda dealers

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 17:25:39 GMT, Mike Doyle wrote:

> I've been to dealers that had Fits on the lot. The next day,
> they were gone. Maybe it really did sell.


Some salesmen / dealers are awful liars about this stuff, so I
wouldn't hesitate to ask them to look up the VIN for the vehicle
I was coming out to see. If they give you one that shows up on
CarFax as already having been sold, you know what to think ...

--

CL.

+-----------------------------------------+
| Charles Lasitter | Mailing / Shipping |
| 401/728-1987 | 14 Cooke St |
| cl+at+ncdm+dot+com | Pawtucket RI 02860 |
+-----------------------------------------+
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jun 2006, 01:25 pm
Spaz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty tactics by Honda dealers

"Mike Doyle" <sigifrith@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:ngDig.3319$Oh1.2652@news01.roc.ny...
>
>
> I've been to dealers that had Fits on the lot. The next day, they were gone.
> Maybe it really did sell.


I guess it doesn't really matter, does it? Bottom line is it's impossible to buy one or even look
at one, so I might as well forget about it. For all practical purposes, the Fit doesn't even exist.
I haven't even seen one on the road. It's so much easier and cheaper to just buy the Ford Focus.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jun 2006, 03:14 pm
Matt Ion
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty tactics by Honda dealers

Spaz wrote:
> "Mike Doyle" <sigifrith@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:ngDig.3319$Oh1.2652@news01.roc.ny...
>
>>
>>I've been to dealers that had Fits on the lot. The next day, they were gone.
>>Maybe it really did sell.

>
>
> I guess it doesn't really matter, does it? Bottom line is it's impossible to buy one or even look
> at one, so I might as well forget about it. For all practical purposes, the Fit doesn't even exist.
> I haven't even seen one on the road. It's so much easier and cheaper to just buy the Ford Focus.


Well then, have fun with your Ford dealership... don't let the hatch hit
ya in the ass... bye now... take care...

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jun 2006, 03:15 pm
High Tech Misfit
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty tactics by Honda dealers

Spaz wrote:

> I guess it doesn't really matter, does it? Bottom line is it's impossible
> to buy one or even look at one, so I might as well forget about it. For
> all practical purposes, the Fit doesn't even exist. I haven't even seen
> one on the road.


I've seen some of them around here, and I don't mean sitting at the dealer.


> It's so much easier and cheaper to just buy the Ford Focus.


It may be cheaper to buy. But depending on how long to plan to keep it, it
will likely cost more to maintain.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jun 2006, 03:39 pm
Spaz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty tactics by Honda dealers

"Matt Ion" <soundy@moltenimage.com> wrote in message news:tKFig.5092$iF6.3428@pd7tw2no...
>
> Well then, have fun with your Ford dealership... don't let the hatch hit ya in the ass... bye
> now... take care...


WOW! Am I glad I couldn't find a Fit. The Focus has a more powerful engine and is $5,000 cheaper!
Jeeze, the Fit is just an overpriced ripoff. BYE!


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jun 2006, 03:47 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty tactics by Honda dealers

In article <to2dnTP3Or4fbBfZnZ2dnUVZ_t2dnZ2d@comcast.com>,
"Spaz" <yea@right.com> wrote:

> Tried to get a look at a Honda Fit today. Local dealers don't have one so I
> called a dealer 35
> miles away, they said they had one on the lot. I was there in less than an
> hour and they said, "oh,
> sorry, someone just drove off with it." Then they tried to push other cars
> on me. Thanks assholes.


That's not Honda dealers.

That's CAR dealers.

Not all Honda dealers behave like that.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jun 2006, 03:48 pm
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty tactics by Honda dealers

In article <7s2dnfJjEteOsxbZnZ2dnUVZ_qCdnZ2d@comcast.com>,
"Spaz" <yea@right.com> wrote:

> WOW! Am I glad I couldn't find a Fit. The Focus has a more powerful engine
> and is $5,000 cheaper!


You found a Focus for $11K and it includes aluminum wheels, and auto
transmission?

No shit?

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10 Jun 2006, 04:23 pm
Jim Yanik
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dirty tactics by Honda dealers

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote in
news:elmop-022D8A.16470910062006@nntp1.usenetserver.com:

> In article <to2dnTP3Or4fbBfZnZ2dnUVZ_t2dnZ2d@comcast.com>,
> "Spaz" <yea@right.com> wrote:
>
>> Tried to get a look at a Honda Fit today. Local dealers don't have
>> one so I called a dealer 35
>> miles away, they said they had one on the lot. I was there in less
>> than an hour and they said, "oh,
>> sorry, someone just drove off with it." Then they tried to push
>> other cars on me. Thanks assholes.

>
> That's not Honda dealers.
>
> That's CAR dealers.
>
> Not all Honda dealers behave like that.
>
>


I'd blame the SALESMAN,not the whole dealership.
Perhaps you should have complained to the sales manager,maybe you would
have gotten compensation of some sort.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Massachusetts Honda dealers reading this? Mikhail T. Honda 3 6 11 Nov 2006 03:06 pm
Any Massachusetts Honda dealers reading this? Mikhail T. Honda 2 4 11 Nov 2006 01:32 pm
Toronto Honda Dealers - Recommendation? Mills Honda 2 13 02 Mar 2005 09:15 pm
Toronto Honda Dealers - Recommendation? Mills Honda 3 13 02 Mar 2005 09:15 pm
Negotiating Tactics for Element? Arthur Shapiro Honda 3 4 05 Aug 2003 09:51 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.