Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 28 May 2006, 07:11 am
N.E.Ohio Bob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Leaking gas tank,'92 Accord

Time to replace the tank on my '92 Accord. Used ones available for
$100.00, and after market new one for $130.00. Will buy a new one and
paint it if it's raw steel.
Any ideas out there as to getting the half tank of fuel out of the old
one before I remove it from the car? Possible to use the fuel pump to
pump it into a couple of 5 gallon containers?
Any other things I should be aware of? bob
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 28 May 2006, 09:03 am
Elle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Leaking gas tank,'92 Accord

Try a pump like

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=31779
($17)

Do a keyword search for {hand pump} for more pumps.

Tubing may be purchased cheaply at places like Home Depot
and Lowe's.

Wal-Mart has a garden hand pump/sprayer for about $10. You
might be able to rig this for your needs.

Autozone has cheap, Mity-Vac style brake system vacuum pumps
that are worth investigating for this as well.

"N.E.Ohio Bob" <rgstroud@neo.rr.com> wrote
> Time to replace the tank on my '92 Accord. Used ones
> available for $100.00, and after market new one for
> $130.00. Will buy a new one and paint it if it's raw
> steel.
> Any ideas out there as to getting the half tank of fuel
> out of the old one before I remove it from the car?
> Possible to use the fuel pump to pump it into a couple of
> 5 gallon containers?
> Any other things I should be aware of? bob



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 29 May 2006, 06:55 am
fixinator
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Leaking gas tank,'92 Accord

My 90 Accord has a drain plug! Does yours?

Rod


Elle wrote:
> Try a pump like
>
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=31779
> ($17)
>
> Do a keyword search for {hand pump} for more pumps.
>
> Tubing may be purchased cheaply at places like Home Depot
> and Lowe's.
>
> Wal-Mart has a garden hand pump/sprayer for about $10. You
> might be able to rig this for your needs.
>
> Autozone has cheap, Mity-Vac style brake system vacuum pumps
> that are worth investigating for this as well.
>
> "N.E.Ohio Bob" <rgstroud@neo.rr.com> wrote
> > Time to replace the tank on my '92 Accord. Used ones
> > available for $100.00, and after market new one for
> > $130.00. Will buy a new one and paint it if it's raw
> > steel.
> > Any ideas out there as to getting the half tank of fuel
> > out of the old one before I remove it from the car?
> > Possible to use the fuel pump to pump it into a couple of
> > 5 gallon containers?
> > Any other things I should be aware of? bob


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 31 May 2006, 06:58 am
N.E.Ohio Bob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Leaking gas tank,'92 Accord

fixinator wrote:
> My 90 Accord has a drain plug! Does yours?
>
> Rod
>

Yes! It does! Should make the job lots easier. Thanks Rod.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pressure build up in 87 accord gas tank tonyce Honda 3 2 12 Jan 2007 10:37 pm
Empty tank of gas or full tank of gas? Hallow Man Honda 2 4 07 Aug 2006 12:26 pm
Gas tank in '92 Accord N.E.Ohio Bob Honda 2 0 01 Jun 2006 02:23 pm
Gas tank ventilation 90 accord Pd7704 Honda 3 0 24 Feb 2006 04:15 pm
92 Accord leaking coolant, but reserve tank full Kev Honda 3 6 12 Aug 2003 09:12 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.