Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2006, 05:39 pm
Mark Savoy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2000 Accord Brake Lamp Warning Light

I have a 2000 Accord Coupe and my brake warning light comes on even when
there are no burned out bulbs. It also ocassionally goes out. Has anyone
else had this sort of problem?

Mark


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2006, 06:20 pm
'Curly Q. Links'
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Brake Lamp Warning Light

Mark Savoy wrote:
>
> I have a 2000 Accord Coupe and my brake warning light comes on even when
> there are no burned out bulbs. It also ocassionally goes out. Has anyone
> else had this sort of problem?
>
> Mark


---------------------------------------------------

You can get Owner's Manuals from the wrecking yards for about 1/3 rd of
the price the dealer wants.

Here's your answer, but get a manual anyhow.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/accord/x03-078e.pdf

'Curly'
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2006, 06:47 pm
Seth
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Brake Lamp Warning Light

"Mark Savoy" <marksavoy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:QaMcg.14039$fb2.7747@newssvr27.news.prodigy.n et...
>I have a 2000 Accord Coupe and my brake warning light comes on even when
>there are no burned out bulbs. It also ocassionally goes out. Has anyone
>else had this sort of problem?


Brake fluid.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2006, 07:00 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Brake Lamp Warning Light

"'Curly Q. Links'" <motsco__@interbaun.com> wrote in
news:447398C5.8C85FF98@interbaun.com:

> Mark Savoy wrote:
>>
>> I have a 2000 Accord Coupe and my brake warning light comes on even
>> when there are no burned out bulbs. It also ocassionally goes out.
>> Has anyone else had this sort of problem?
>>
>> Mark

>
> ---------------------------------------------------
>
> You can get Owner's Manuals from the wrecking yards for about 1/3 rd
> of the price the dealer wants.




Or you can download them for FREE from Honda:
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp



--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2006, 10:17 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Brake Lamp Warning Light

"Seth" <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:naNcg.1793$oa1.1338@news02.roc.ny:

> "Mark Savoy" <marksavoy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:QaMcg.14039$fb2.7747@newssvr27.news.prodigy.n et...
>>I have a 2000 Accord Coupe and my brake warning light comes on even
>>when there are no burned out bulbs. It also ocassionally goes out.
>>Has anyone else had this sort of problem?

>
> Brake fluid.
>
>
>



But is this the brake LAMP warning, or the BRAKE warning?

In other words, is this the red light that has the little exclamation mark
inside curved brackets? That's the one that lights if the fluid is low.

It would pay to be certain here.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 24 May 2006, 10:09 pm
Mark Savoy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Brake Lamp Warning Light

Thanks for the suggestions but it's not the brake light that is coming on;
it's the indicator light that comes on when you have a burned out tail
light. It is located in the cluster along with the ajar door warning
lights.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?


"Mark Savoy" <marksavoy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:QaMcg.14039$fb2.7747@newssvr27.news.prodigy.n et...
>I have a 2000 Accord Coupe and my brake warning light comes on even when
>there are no burned out bulbs. It also ocassionally goes out. Has anyone
>else had this sort of problem?
>
> Mark
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 25 May 2006, 07:20 am
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Brake Lamp Warning Light

"Mark Savoy" <marksavoy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:Yd9dg.16821$fb2.7917@newssvr27.news.prodigy.n et...
> Thanks for the suggestions but it's not the brake light that is coming on;
> it's the indicator light that comes on when you have a burned out tail
> light. It is located in the cluster along with the ajar door warning
> lights.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this problem?
>

Not in a Honda, but Volvos are notorious for doing that if the bulbs are
mismatched... sometimes if they are the same bulb bought at different times
or from different mfrs.

A cheap and easy way to eliminate possibility that would be to buy a new
pair of brake lamps and put them in. Then you'd even have spares!

Mike


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 25 May 2006, 12:00 pm
randy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Brake Lamp Warning Light

On Thu, 25 May 2006 05:20:34 -0700, Michael Pardee wrote:

> "Mark Savoy" <marksavoy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:Yd9dg.16821$fb2.7917@newssvr27.news.prodigy.n et...
>> Thanks for the suggestions but it's not the brake light that is coming on;
>> it's the indicator light that comes on when you have a burned out tail
>> light. It is located in the cluster along with the ajar door warning
>> lights.
>>
>> Has anyone else experienced this problem?
>>

> Not in a Honda, but Volvos are notorious for doing that if the bulbs are
> mismatched... sometimes if they are the same bulb bought at different times
> or from different mfrs.
>
> A cheap and easy way to eliminate possibility that would be to buy a new
> pair of brake lamps and put them in. Then you'd even have spares!
>
> Mike


Or take it by the dealer. That's what I did last week. While I was
paying for the bulb, around $3.50, His Tech put it in and didn't charge me
for the labor. I think I have a good dealer. He has always been cheaper
and faster than the 'Honda' shop I used.

Randy

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 25 May 2006, 04:03 pm
Grahame
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2000 Accord Brake Lamp Warning Light

Had this problem in my 91 Accord, turned out to be a bad connector at one of
the stop lights.

"Mark Savoy" <marksavoy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:QaMcg.14039$fb2.7747@newssvr27.news.prodigy.n et...
> I have a 2000 Accord Coupe and my brake warning light comes on even when
> there are no burned out bulbs. It also ocassionally goes out. Has anyone
> else had this sort of problem?
>
> Mark
>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re Accord with brake light warning light keeps coming on. Jacko Honda 3 3 27 Oct 2005 07:23 pm
91 accord brake lamp light up supman Honda 2 2 10 Feb 2005 07:35 am
brake lamp warning light HJ Honda 3 4 15 Jan 2004 01:44 pm
Brake Lamp warning indicator John Knight Honda 3 4 14 Dec 2003 07:15 am
2000 Accord V6 EX: Reset SRS warning light Superman Honda 3 0 11 Jul 2003 02:20 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.