Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 19 May 2011, 03:46 pm
Steve Giannoni
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Timing Belt

Misplaced owners manual for my 2004 Civic with about 25K miles. How
often does the timing belt need to be changed ...
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 19 May 2011, 06:43 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Timing Belt

Steve Giannoni <casagiannoni@optonline.net> wrote in
news:c30bt65pf419hknn7bqitni3t02opo10ks@4ax.com:

> Misplaced owners manual for my 2004 Civic with about 25K miles. How
> often does the timing belt need to be changed ...
>





What model?

Not an Si? 105K miles or 7 years (you're due).

An Si? Never; you have a chain.


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 20 May 2011, 12:21 pm
Steve Giannoni
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Timing Belt

Thanks for responding. Found my owners manual ...

What's an Si ?

On Thu, 19 May 2011 23:43:49 +0000 (UTC), Tegger <invalid@example.com>
wrote:

>Steve Giannoni <casagiannoni@optonline.net> wrote in
>news:c30bt65pf419hknn7bqitni3t02opo10ks@4ax.com :
>
>> Misplaced owners manual for my 2004 Civic with about 25K miles. How
>> often does the timing belt need to be changed ...
>>

>
>
>
>
>What model?
>
>Not an Si? 105K miles or 7 years (you're due).
>
>An Si? Never; you have a chain.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 20 May 2011, 01:38 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Timing Belt

Steve Giannoni <casagiannoni@optonline.net> wrote in
news:7g8dt6l4s3atcmtp1sk91uhsq6r965rmi8@4ax.com:

> Thanks for responding. Found my owners manual ...
>
> What's an Si ?





A trim line, like DX, LX, EX, etc. The Si is the "sporty" version of the
Civic.




--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 24 May 2011, 08:47 am
Dillon Pyron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Timing Belt

Thus spake Steve Giannoni <casagiannoni@optonline.net> :

>Thanks for responding. Found my owners manual ...
>
>What's an Si ?


You don't have one.

>
>On Thu, 19 May 2011 23:43:49 +0000 (UTC), Tegger <invalid@example.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Steve Giannoni <casagiannoni@optonline.net> wrote in
>>news:c30bt65pf419hknn7bqitni3t02opo10ks@4ax.co m:
>>
>>> Misplaced owners manual for my 2004 Civic with about 25K miles. How
>>> often does the timing belt need to be changed ...
>>>

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>What model?
>>
>>Not an Si? 105K miles or 7 years (you're due).
>>
>>An Si? Never; you have a chain.

--

- dillon I am not invalid

"You idiots, it's rape, pillage,THEN BURN!!!"
--- chief of the Aggie Vikings
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how do i successfully setup the timing on a 1993 2.2l accord after changing the timing belt? Camaro_Man1998 Honda Technical 2 12 Dec 2009 11:01 pm
Honda Accord 2005 VTI-L (2.4, 4 Cylinder). Firstly, does it have a timing chain or a timing belt? }-{ Honda Technical 5 07 Nov 2009 06:01 pm
i need to but the timing belt on my 96 civic how do i do that without a timing belt cover? miguelr613 Honda Technical 3 23 Jun 2009 07:31 am
1998 honda accord, timing belt.. i just hit 60,000 miles.. should i have the timing belt replaced? sandra m Honda Technical 11 01 May 2008 02:39 pm
Does a Honda Accord 2 door coup with a 6 cylinder have a timing belt or a timing chain.? sculptnpaint4u Honda Technical 15 22 Aug 2007 07:03 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.