Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2006, 03:39 pm
ucmbt@yahoo.ca
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 95 Civic LX Intake Air Temperature Sensor

Hi...

Can any one please tell me whether a bad Intake Air Temperature Sensor
(IAT) or a bad TW (Coolant Temperature sensor, or Water Temperature
Sensor) will cause the engine not to fire up?

I've read that these two sensors can affect injector pulse width? It
seems that I'm getting too much fuel into the combustion chambers, thus
after a few cranks of the engine, the combustion chambers are flooded
(spark plugs soaking wet with fuel) and the engine won't start. The
spark plugs do produce strong sparks. So I'm quite sure it's not an
ignition problem. Iit seems like more fuel than necessary is injected
- that's why I'm wondering whether a bad IAT or TW can cause this
problem.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2006, 05:23 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic LX Intake Air Temperature Sensor

ucmbt@yahoo.ca wrote in
news:1147639178.082028.98100@g10g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com:

> Hi...
>
> Can any one please tell me whether a bad Intake Air Temperature Sensor
> (IAT) or a bad TW (Coolant Temperature sensor, or Water Temperature
> Sensor) will cause the engine not to fire up?




They will have no effect on engine startup.


>
> I've read that these two sensors can affect injector pulse width? It
> seems that I'm getting too much fuel into the combustion chambers, thus
> after a few cranks of the engine, the combustion chambers are flooded
> (spark plugs soaking wet with fuel) and the engine won't start. The
> spark plugs do produce strong sparks. So I'm quite sure it's not an
> ignition problem. Iit seems like more fuel than necessary is injected
> - that's why I'm wondering whether a bad IAT or TW can cause this
> problem.
>



Is the spark properly timed?


--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2006, 06:35 pm
Mike Doyle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default OxygenSensor.net

Has anyone bought an Oxygen sensor from this company?
They have the best price I've found for a direct replacement
on my 94 VX.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2006, 06:45 pm
Mike Doyle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Carry along tool kit

I'm trying to put together a small tool kit. Something to fit in
the area above the spare. I'd like to have enough to cover any
quick fix situations.
I've come up with : Combo screwdriver, my small ratchet &
a few sockets (which ones most usable for a Civic?), medium
Channellocks.

So, what do the rest of you carry?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2006, 09:03 pm
Elle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Carry along tool kit

"Mike Doyle" <sigifrith@frontiernet.net> wrote
> I'm trying to put together a small tool kit. Something to
> fit in
> the area above the spare. I'd like to have enough to
> cover any
> quick fix situations.
> I've come up with : Combo screwdriver, my small ratchet &
> a few sockets (which ones most usable for a Civic?),


8 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm, 14 mm, 17 mm.

If you must eliminate two, eliminate the first and last.

> medium
> Channellocks.


Add a medium-sized crescent wrench and small hammer.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2006, 09:09 pm
DAB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Carry along tool kit

Mike Doyle wrote:
> I'm trying to put together a small tool kit. Something to fit in
> the area above the spare. I'd like to have enough to cover any
> quick fix situations.
> I've come up with : Combo screwdriver, my small ratchet &
> a few sockets (which ones most usable for a Civic?), medium
> Channellocks.
>
> So, what do the rest of you carry?


My AAA Card ;-)


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2006, 09:11 pm
Elle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: OxygenSensor.net

I see the NTK oxygen sensor for a 94 Civic VX for $80 at
this site. But I don't think that's a genuine Honda sensor,
and so it's a real roll of the dice.

Try https://www.automedicsupply.com for OEM sensors at good
prices. I have used it for an OEM O2 sensor for my 91 Civic
a couple of years ago. Good service. No problems with the
sensor.

That VX a California compliant one?


"Mike Doyle" <sigifrith@frontiernet.net> wrote
> Has anyone bought an Oxygen sensor from this company?
> They have the best price I've found for a direct
> replacement
> on my 94 VX.
>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2006, 09:22 pm
'Curly Q. Links'
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Carry along tool kit

Mike Doyle wrote:
>
> I'm trying to put together a small tool kit. Something to fit in
> the area above the spare. I'd like to have enough to cover any
> quick fix situations.
> I've come up with : Combo screwdriver, my small ratchet &
> a few sockets (which ones most usable for a Civic?), medium
> Channellocks.
>
> So, what do the rest of you carry?


-------------------------------------

plus:
Cotton 'gardening' gloves
Forehead flashlight
Needle nose pliers
Black garbage bag
3' of haywire
electrical tape
12 volt 'probe'

'Curly'
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2006, 09:45 pm
Mike Doyle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: OxygenSensor.net

Elle wrote:
> I see the NTK oxygen sensor for a 94 Civic VX for $80 at
> this site. But I don't think that's a genuine Honda sensor,
> and so it's a real roll of the dice.
>
> Try https://www.automedicsupply.com for OEM sensors at good
> prices. I have used it for an OEM O2 sensor for my 91 Civic
> a couple of years ago. Good service. No problems with the
> sensor.
>
> That VX a California compliant one?



No, a Kalifornistan sensor is much cheaper!! My red jewel is a
Canadian built 48 stater.

This is the one I'm looking at. It has the correct Honda part number.
Most sites want $300 + for it.
www.oxygensensor.net/parts/o2parts/L1H1.html

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 15 May 2006, 01:24 am
ucmbt@yahoo.ca
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Civic LX Intake Air Temperature Sensor

I can't check the ignition timing, since the engine doesn't run. Is
there a way to check ignition timing without the engine running?
Thanks.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2006 civic coolant temperature sensor noelbati617 Honda 2 3 18 Aug 2006 01:58 pm
95 Civic LX Intake Air Temperature Sensor ucmbt@yahoo.ca Honda 3 20 16 May 2006 10:40 am
Location of TW sensor (coolant temperature sensor) 1986 Legend ? inicolasi@aol.com Acura 0 15 Feb 2005 05:11 pm
Air intake sensor on 1993 civic sephiroth15 Honda 2 2 01 Oct 2004 03:47 pm
Outside temperature sensor, '02 CRV Art Schwartz Honda 3 0 15 Jul 2003 11:47 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.