Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05 Apr 2006, 12:43 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default More updates to the Unofficial FAQ

Thanks to jim beam and Curly, this page has been seriously revised with
lots more info:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/cranktool/index.html

Mant other things have been shuffled around as well, so when you go to the
Main Page, please hit Reload/Refresh to make sure all changes show.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html

I also found a few broken internal links. How come nobody notifies me of
these things?

My ultimate aim is to make the Main Page just an index, with all data
opening up in new windows off that. This should reduce download times for
the Main Page.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05 Apr 2006, 02:31 pm
Elle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: More updates to the Unofficial FAQ

"TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote
> I also found a few broken internal links. How come nobody
> notifies me of
> these things?


Perhaps because there are things even more important than
broken links with which people have objections. Agreeing to
disagree is often the best way to go with you, along with a
lot of patience (or just ignoring you) when you go into the
mode, "My way is the best way. I can't prove it. But it is."

Thus my silence on your latest page.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05 Apr 2006, 03:28 pm
Brian Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: More updates to the Unofficial FAQ


"Elle" <honda.lioness@nospam.earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:kWUYf.12067$Bj7.7703@newsread2.news.pas.earth link.net...
>
> Perhaps because there are things even more important than broken links
> with which people have objections. Agreeing to disagree is often the best
> way to go with you, along with a lot of patience (or just ignoring you)
> when you go into the mode, "My way is the best way. I can't prove it. But
> it is."
>
> Thus my silence on your latest page.


Boy, you must have rolled out and hit your head on the wrong side of the bed
today!


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05 Apr 2006, 03:38 pm
Bucky
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: More updates to the Unofficial FAQ

TeGGeR® wrote:
> I also found a few broken internal links. How come nobody notifies me of
> these things?


There's free tools that can scan your site for broken links. You should
look into those. I haven't used one before, so I can't recommend one.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05 Apr 2006, 08:47 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: More updates to the Unofficial FAQ

"Bucky" <uw_badgers@email.com> wrote in
news:1144269522.575786.93330@j33g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com:

> TeGGeR® wrote:
>> I also found a few broken internal links. How come nobody notifies me of
>> these things?

>
> There's free tools that can scan your site for broken links. You should
> look into those. I haven't used one before, so I can't recommend one.
>



I never thought of that, so thanks for the tip.

I just Googled and quite a number of these utilities come up. They're also
called "link checkers". I see most of them want you to pay for them, so
some sleuthing will be necessary before I find a freeware version.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06 Apr 2006, 01:51 am
Bucky
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: More updates to the Unofficial FAQ

TeGGeR® wrote:
> I just Googled and quite a number of these utilities come up. They're also
> called "link checkers". I see most of them want you to pay for them, so
> some sleuthing will be necessary before I find a freeware version.


Yeah, probably the online services will charge fees, since those will
use their servers and resources. I'm referring to software that you
install on your own computer (it doesn't even have to be on the web
server). You should be able to find plenty of free ones of these.

http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
http://tucows.com/Windows/Developmen...ng/Validators/

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06 Apr 2006, 10:53 am
jmattis@attglobal.net
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: More updates to the Unofficial FAQ

That was quite diplomatically stated. I'll take any good info I can
get, however, and appreciate the efforts. Like everything Internet,
it's the reader's job to decide if it is "good info."

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06 Apr 2006, 10:59 am
Elle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: More updates to the Unofficial FAQ

<jmattis@attglobal.net> wrote
> I'll take any good info I can
> get, however, and appreciate the efforts. Like everything
> Internet,
> it's the reader's job to decide if it is "good info."


Right. Plus, AFAIC Tegger's FAQ site does overwhelming good.


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07 Apr 2006, 12:40 pm
Matt Ion
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: More updates to the Unofficial FAQ

Bucky wrote:
> TeGGeR® wrote:
>
>>I also found a few broken internal links. How come nobody notifies me of
>>these things?

>
>
> There's free tools that can scan your site for broken links. You should
> look into those. I haven't used one before, so I can't recommend one.


I still say a Wiki backend would make this all easier... yes yes, I know
the argument about anyone-can-edit-it... that's why you use one that
allows only the administrator or specified contributors to edit it,
and/or requires the admin to approve updates.


---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0614-3, 04/07/2006
Tested on: 4/7/2006 10:40:16 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
http://www.avast.com



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07 Apr 2006, 05:21 pm
Ice
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: More updates to the Unofficial FAQ

Boy, Who pissed in your Cornflakes today?

"Elle" <honda.lioness@nospam.earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:kWUYf.12067$Bj7.7703@newsread2.news.pas.earth link.net...
> "TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote
>> I also found a few broken internal links. How come nobody
>> notifies me of
>> these things?

>
> Perhaps because there are things even more important than
> broken links with which people have objections. Agreeing to
> disagree is often the best way to go with you, along with a lot
> of patience (or just ignoring you) when you go into the mode,
> "My way is the best way. I can't prove it. But it is."
>
> Thus my silence on your latest page.
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More updates to the Unofficial FAQ TeGGeR® Honda 3 1 28 Oct 2005 08:43 pm
More updates to the Unofficial FAQ TeGGeR® Acura 0 20 Sep 2005 01:51 pm
More updates to the Unofficial FAQ TeGGeR® Acura 2 26 Apr 2005 07:14 pm
More updates to the Unofficial FAQ TeGGeR® Honda 2 2 26 Apr 2005 07:14 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.