Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 Mar 2006, 05:16 pm
James Lewis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default tranny fluid

Other than the honda dealer, is there a safe place to buy automatic
tranmission fluid for my 2001 Honda Civic Lx? My best price so far is $5.25
plus tax per qt. Is that in the ballpark?

I ask because I don't flush...I drain a few times at the same place I get my
oil changed which is so much quicker than having to leave it at the
dealership.

mike


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 26 Mar 2006, 11:03 pm
John Horner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: tranny fluid

James Lewis wrote:
> Other than the honda dealer, is there a safe place to buy automatic
> tranmission fluid for my 2001 Honda Civic Lx? My best price so far is $5.25
> plus tax per qt. Is that in the ballpark?
>
> I ask because I don't flush...I drain a few times at the same place I get my
> oil changed which is so much quicker than having to leave it at the
> dealership.
>
> mike
>
>


There are no other Honda approved fluids besides the stealership type.
Some fluids claim to be suitable (Valvoline has one, for example),
but Honda doesn't publish any specifications or have a third party
approval process.

John
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 26 Mar 2006, 11:09 pm
Alan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: tranny fluid


John Horner wrote:

> There are no other Honda approved fluids besides the stealership type.
> Some fluids claim to be suitable (Valvoline has one, for example),
> but Honda doesn't publish any specifications or have a third party
> approval process.


Is it Honda trying to pull an "Apple iPod" or is there really some
magic ingredient that other ATFs don't have?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 27 Mar 2006, 12:27 am
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: tranny fluid

Alan wrote:
> John Horner wrote:
>
>
>>There are no other Honda approved fluids besides the stealership type.
>> Some fluids claim to be suitable (Valvoline has one, for example),
>>but Honda doesn't publish any specifications or have a third party
>>approval process.

>
>
> Is it Honda trying to pull an "Apple iPod" or is there really some
> magic ingredient that other ATFs don't have?
>

in this case, yes. try it yourself if you don't mind the contamination.
it makes shifting of older hondas like having a door slammed in your face.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metal shavings in my Tranny fluid.... Steve Honda 2 5 04 Dec 2006 06:50 am
Manual Tranny Fluid Observations Elle Honda 2 5 19 Sep 2006 06:23 am
Manual Tranny Fluid Observations Elle Honda 3 5 19 Sep 2006 06:23 am
Tranny Fluid Change Red Cloud Honda 3 25 07 Mar 2004 12:45 am
Your Maintenance Schedule For Tranny Fluid ravelation Honda 3 21 31 Jan 2004 06:36 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.