Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 29 Dec 2005, 08:11 am
Boondocks
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Speedometer problem (weird)

I have a 96 accord LX... (276 000 km..sort of)

Yesterday, the speedometer went haywire. It seems to stick on 28 km/h. When
you slow down to stop, it kind of bounces, but doesn't go to 0.When you turn
off the ignition, it goes to 0?? Sometimes, it seems to work fine.. and then
goes haywire again..

Does anyone here know what the cause may be????

BD


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 29 Dec 2005, 10:47 am
Jim Yanik
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Speedometer problem (weird)

"Boondocks" <nobody@eastlink.ca> wrote in
news:78Ssf.17090$OU5.13993@clgrps13:

> I have a 96 accord LX... (276 000 km..sort of)
>
> Yesterday, the speedometer went haywire. It seems to stick on 28 km/h.
> When you slow down to stop, it kind of bounces, but doesn't go to
> 0.When you turn off the ignition, it goes to 0?? Sometimes, it seems
> to work fine.. and then goes haywire again..
>
> Does anyone here know what the cause may be????
>
> BD
>
>
>


Wild guess;something in the display itself(instrument cluster) is sticking.
Maybe it's gotten dirty inside,or some lubricant has finally evaporated
completely.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 29 Dec 2005, 01:05 pm
Allnews
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Speedometer problem (weird)

Search a bit on line and you'll find more info, especially the VSS (Vehicle
Speed Sensor) and/or speedometer. Quite expensive to replace. I ended up
buying a nice gps with mounting system instead for less (previous 95
accord). Car is now sold, gps still with me:-) P.S. Gps is more accurate
than speedometer..

"Jim Yanik" <jyanik@abuse.gov> wrote in message
news:Xns973B77C3AEF94jyanikkuanet@129.250.170.83.. .
> "Boondocks" <nobody@eastlink.ca> wrote in
> news:78Ssf.17090$OU5.13993@clgrps13:
>
>> I have a 96 accord LX... (276 000 km..sort of)
>>
>> Yesterday, the speedometer went haywire. It seems to stick on 28 km/h.
>> When you slow down to stop, it kind of bounces, but doesn't go to
>> 0.When you turn off the ignition, it goes to 0?? Sometimes, it seems
>> to work fine.. and then goes haywire again..
>>
>> Does anyone here know what the cause may be????
>>
>> BD
>>
>>
>>

>
> Wild guess;something in the display itself(instrument cluster) is
> sticking.
> Maybe it's gotten dirty inside,or some lubricant has finally evaporated
> completely.
>
> --
> Jim Yanik
> jyanik
> at
> kua.net



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 29 Dec 2005, 04:37 pm
Boondocks
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Speedometer problem (weird)

A GPS...

Hmmm that may be a good idea... Rats, xmas last week.

I will look around for some info.

Thanks,
BD

"Allnews" <spamenot@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
news:ZrWsf.146862$Ph4.4487278@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
> Search a bit on line and you'll find more info, especially the VSS
> (Vehicle Speed Sensor) and/or speedometer. Quite expensive to replace. I
> ended up buying a nice gps with mounting system instead for less (previous
> 95 accord). Car is now sold, gps still with me:-) P.S. Gps is more
> accurate than speedometer..
>
> "Jim Yanik" <jyanik@abuse.gov> wrote in message
> news:Xns973B77C3AEF94jyanikkuanet@129.250.170.83.. .
>> "Boondocks" <nobody@eastlink.ca> wrote in
>> news:78Ssf.17090$OU5.13993@clgrps13:
>>
>>> I have a 96 accord LX... (276 000 km..sort of)
>>>
>>> Yesterday, the speedometer went haywire. It seems to stick on 28 km/h.
>>> When you slow down to stop, it kind of bounces, but doesn't go to
>>> 0.When you turn off the ignition, it goes to 0?? Sometimes, it seems
>>> to work fine.. and then goes haywire again..
>>>
>>> Does anyone here know what the cause may be????
>>>
>>> BD
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>> Wild guess;something in the display itself(instrument cluster) is
>> sticking.
>> Maybe it's gotten dirty inside,or some lubricant has finally evaporated
>> completely.
>>
>> --
>> Jim Yanik
>> jyanik
>> at
>> kua.net

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
95 Civic, weird A/C problem Steven L. Honda 3 3 13 Jul 2007 04:55 pm
CRX HF weird stuttering problem djathens Honda 3 11 21 Aug 2006 12:02 am
weird AC problem nooneinparticular314159@yahoo.com Honda 2 2 15 Jul 2006 09:47 am
88 Accord-Weird problem. tim1337 Honda 2 1 23 Mar 2005 11:23 pm
1990 Accord weird problem STS Honda 2 4 24 May 2004 08:30 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.