Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 29 Dec 2010, 08:12 am
Help-Slip-Franklin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Headlight bulb replacement

2004 Accord. The headlights are just not bright enough on the car and I'd
like to replace them with something brighter. I've looked at the HID bulbs,
is that the only option? What has anyone tried and how do they work? Thanks
in advance.
H-S-F


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 29 Dec 2010, 09:25 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Headlight bulb replacement

"Help-Slip-Franklin" <blackYOURHAIR1988@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:ifffkv$vii$1@news.eternal-september.org:

> 2004 Accord. The headlights are just not bright enough on the car and
> I'd like to replace them with something brighter. I've looked at the
> HID bulbs, is that the only option?




"HID" bulbs in lens/reflectors not designed for them are a bad idea.



> What has anyone tried and how do
> they work? Thanks in advance.




GE Nighthawks came to me highly-recommended. They work well, and they're a
straight plug-in.

If you want more information, this guy is the guru of automotive lighting.
<http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html>

He also has some sort of role with the automakers and OEMs in developing
vehicle-lighting.


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 31 Dec 2010, 11:34 pm
Dillon Pyron
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Headlight bulb replacement

Thus spake Tegger <invalid@example.com> :

>"Help-Slip-Franklin" <blackYOURHAIR1988@yahoo.com> wrote in
>news:ifffkv$vii$1@news.eternal-september.org:
>
>> 2004 Accord. The headlights are just not bright enough on the car and
>> I'd like to replace them with something brighter. I've looked at the
>> HID bulbs, is that the only option?

>
>
>
>"HID" bulbs in lens/reflectors not designed for them are a bad idea.


Maybe not, but the guys at the parts desk will recognize you after a
couple of visits for the lenses.

"Hey George, here comes Help-Slip. Go get him another set of lenses."

>
>
>
>> What has anyone tried and how do
>> they work? Thanks in advance.

>
>
>
>GE Nighthawks came to me highly-recommended. They work well, and they're a
>straight plug-in.


I like them. I used them in my Civic and my wife's Accord. I need to
get a set for my Fit.

>
>If you want more information, this guy is the guru of automotive lighting.
><http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html>
>
>He also has some sort of role with the automakers and OEMs in developing
>vehicle-lighting.


I seem to remember Crutchfield's selling "not for highway use" bulbs
for a number of years.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

An object's desireability to a dog is directly
proportional to its desireability to another dog.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03 Jan 2011, 07:35 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Headlight bulb replacement

Dillon Pyron <invaliddmpyron@austin.rr.com> wrote in
news:9seth618a3ouv4r247hm32uvskueqdqdva@4ax.com:


>
> I seem to remember Crutchfield's selling "not for highway use" bulbs
> for a number of years.



Offroad and specialty shops have sold those bulbs since forever, at least
in Canada.

I had a set of 100W high-beams on my '82 Corolla. They were used in my
Bosch halogens. I had to wire in a relay so that the headlight switch
wouldn't have to carry the full current. They were quite effective on
country roads.

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1990 Integra Headlight Bulb Replacement 19integra90 Honda Technical 0 27 Oct 2010 11:18 am
headlight bulb help!!! jon.ahn Honda Technical 0 11 Sep 2008 01:04 am
Del Sol Headlight Bulb Replacement Dan Beaton Honda 3 0 26 Dec 2007 08:36 pm
1993 SE Accord Headlight Bulb Replacement uptrends Honda 2 2 04 Jan 2007 10:25 pm
2004 Accord headlight bulb replacement Steppenwolf Honda 2 12 30 Jul 2006 06:43 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.