Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 15 Aug 2005, 10:01 pm
dcmetro@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Accord 1998-2002 Interior Parts

Does anyone here think that Honda had a crappy interior parts for
previous generation of Accords?

I had a 1998 Accord EX sedan, in that, the seat belt lost it's
elasticity, and the audio system won't play CDs no matter how much I
cleaned the lens.

I now have a 2001 LX Sedan, standard shift. This car I must admit is a
mileage champion. From NYC to Rochester, NY driving at the speed limits
I got 37mpg.

However, the lamp in the LCD clock is dead now. Got the replacement in
eBay for 2.99. Earlier, I had to replace the lamp behind the Cruise
control switch. Both cars were used gently and were never abused.

And the instrument panel lamps are never bright enough. Does anyone
have similar concerns? For such a great engine, why did they choose
parts like this? Is there any reasonable solution for a better and
brighter instrumentation panel?

Thank you.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 16 Aug 2005, 06:50 am
Brian Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Accord 1998-2002 Interior Parts


<dcmetro@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1124161304.078597.149960@g44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
> Does anyone here think that Honda had a crappy interior parts for
> previous generation of Accords?


Not my experience or opinion.

> I had a 1998 Accord EX sedan, in that, the seat belt lost it's
> elasticity, and the audio system won't play CDs no matter how much I
> cleaned the lens.


The seat belts are not supposed to have any elasticity.

> I now have a 2001 LX Sedan, standard shift. This car I must admit is a
> mileage champion. From NYC to Rochester, NY driving at the speed limits
> I got 37mpg.


Did you do any preventative maintenance on the car before or after your
trip?

> However, the lamp in the LCD clock is dead now. Got the replacement in
> eBay for 2.99. Earlier, I had to replace the lamp behind the Cruise
> control switch. Both cars were used gently and were never abused.


People seldom remember that in the same way as persons become ill, machines
break down. Nothing is forever, except taxes and liars in political office.

> And the instrument panel lamps are never bright enough. Does anyone
> have similar concerns? For such a great engine, why did they choose
> parts like this? Is there any reasonable solution for a better and
> brighter instrumentation panel?


Have you tried turning the dimmer control for the panel lights?

All in all a pretty feeble attempt at trolling the group. {;^)

Brian
> Thank you.
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1998-2002 Accord right windshield sprayer does not work. annog Honda 2 3 03 Dec 2004 01:00 pm
Availability of interior parts? Boyd Speerschneider Honda 3 3 26 Nov 2003 02:22 pm
2002 CR-V EX Saddle Interior Touch-up DavidB Honda 3 1 16 Nov 2003 11:24 am
2002 CR-V EX Saddle Interior Touch-up DavidB Honda 3 0 01 Nov 2003 06:27 pm
2002 CR-V EX Saddle Interior Touch-up DavidB Honda 3 1 25 Oct 2003 08:37 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.