Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 31 Jul 2005, 11:34 am
Jason
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Dark Side of Hybrid vehicles


The current edition of "Car and Driver" (magazine) has an
interesting article about the dark side of the hybrids on page 26.
The date on the cover is September 2005.

If you own a hybrid vehicle or plan to buy a hybrid vehicle,
I advise you to buy a copy of the magazine and read the article.

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.



Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01 Aug 2005, 06:17 am
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dark Side of Hybrid vehicles

"Jason" <jason@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:jason-3107050934350001@pm4-broad-1.snlo.dialup.fix.net...
>
> The current edition of "Car and Driver" (magazine) has an
> interesting article about the dark side of the hybrids on page 26.
> The date on the cover is September 2005.
>
> If you own a hybrid vehicle or plan to buy a hybrid vehicle,
> I advise you to buy a copy of the magazine and read the article.
>

I have one (or rather, my wife does). What is the jist of it?

Mike


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01 Aug 2005, 12:57 pm
Jason
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dark Side of Hybrid vehicles

In article <qISdnVlqoZZ0mXPfRVn-2A@sedona.net>, "Michael Pardee"
<michaeltnull@cybertrails.com> wrote:

> "Jason" <jason@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:jason-3107050934350001@pm4-broad-1.snlo.dialup.fix.net...
> >
> > The current edition of "Car and Driver" (magazine) has an
> > interesting article about the dark side of the hybrids on page 26.
> > The date on the cover is September 2005.
> >
> > If you own a hybrid vehicle or plan to buy a hybrid vehicle,
> > I advise you to buy a copy of the magazine and read the article.
> >

> I have one (or rather, my wife does). What is the jist of it?
>
> Mike


http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1

--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02 Aug 2005, 09:10 pm
Sid Schweiger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dark Side of Hybrid vehicles

>>What is the jist of it?<<

Cliff's Notes: Brock Yates hates them.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03 Aug 2005, 03:39 pm
mebkollar@seniorsconnect.org
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dark Side of Hybrid vehicles

I haven't read the article, but I LOVE my Civic Hybrid. I live in
Cleveland and commute 52 miles/day round trip. If I can believe what
the car says, I get between 48 and 50 mpg. I have seen reports of
critics who say they are not getting the gas mileage that was
predicted, and I don't understand. I don't use the air conditioning
very much and that makes a difference, but it shouldn't make that much
difference.

Sid Schweiger wrote:
> >>What is the jist of it?<<

>
> Cliff's Notes: Brock Yates hates them.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05 Aug 2005, 04:24 pm
Dana
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Dark Side of Hybrid vehicles

That article didn't say anything I haven't read about hybrids 10 times
already .

-Dana
<mebkollar@seniorsconnect.org> wrote in message
news:1123101568.438735.16630@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
>I haven't read the article, but I LOVE my Civic Hybrid. I live in
> Cleveland and commute 52 miles/day round trip. If I can believe what
> the car says, I get between 48 and 50 mpg. I have seen reports of
> critics who say they are not getting the gas mileage that was
> predicted, and I don't understand. I don't use the air conditioning
> very much and that makes a difference, but it shouldn't make that much
> difference.
>
> Sid Schweiger wrote:
>> >>What is the jist of it?<<

>>
>> Cliff's Notes: Brock Yates hates them.

>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dark windows for CRV (think babies and todlers) Thomas G. Marshall Honda 2 8 19 Jan 2006 05:38 pm
Dark Side of the Hybrids Jason Honda 2 56 31 Aug 2005 12:30 pm
Dark Side of Hybrid Vehicles Jason Honda 3 177 16 Aug 2005 03:59 am
Re: are you dark, I mean, talking throughout worthwhile jackets Q. Riley Honda 2 0 20 Jan 2005 07:06 am
Interested in Hybrid Vehicles? Dan Honda 3 1 24 Sep 2004 03:15 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.