Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Honda 2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02 Jun 2005, 07:33 am
bigToe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default CRV Transmission

Hi. Has anyone ever heard of a CRV needing a new tranny? I'm looking
at buying a 97' that has had a replacemant if I can get some peace of
mind about this. It works perfectly now.

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02 Jun 2005, 07:59 am
Brian Smith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CRV Transmission


"bigToe" <bigToeHereNO_SPAMM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:429efbfe.175309312@news.dal.ca...
> Hi. Has anyone ever heard of a CRV needing a new tranny? I'm looking
> at buying a 97' that has had a replacemant if I can get some peace of
> mind about this. It works perfectly now.


There are all sorts of reasons why a vehicle would require a new
transmission. The first one that comes to mind is that the previous
owner/driver abused the crap out of the vehicle.

I don't see where it is a big deal, machines break down the same way that
people become ill. Nothing is forever.

Brian


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02 Jun 2005, 08:13 am
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CRV Transmission

bigToeHereNO_SPAMM@hotmail.com (bigToe) wrote in
news:429efbfe.175309312@news.dal.ca:

> Hi. Has anyone ever heard of a CRV needing a new tranny? I'm looking
> at buying a 97' that has had a replacemant if I can get some peace of
> mind about this. It works perfectly now.
>



Honda had increased its automatic transmission warranty to eight years on
account of a large number of failures. Yours appears to have been one of
them.

Chances are you'll be fine, as they've fixed the gasket issue that caused
the problem in the first place.

Also, there is a TSB on your vehicle's transmission:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/crv/x00-012e.pdf

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02 Jun 2005, 09:58 am
motsco_ _
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CRV Transmission

bigToe wrote:
> Hi. Has anyone ever heard of a CRV needing a new tranny? I'm looking
> at buying a 97' that has had a replacemant if I can get some peace of
> mind about this. It works perfectly now.
>
> thanks


----------------

What's the mileage, BTW?
Super rare for Cr-V, but just treat it good and you've got the advantage
of a tranny that's younger than the rest of the vehicle. I'd change the
ATF right away if you buy it, or get the inspecting mechanic to pull the
magnetic drain plug to see if there's much iron on it. Use only Honda Z1
in the tranny, and Honda Dual Pump Fluid in the rear differential. Make
sure the valves get adjusted too.

'Curly'

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02 Jun 2005, 11:31 am
bigToe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CRV Transmission

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:58:11 -0600, "motsco_ _" <"motsco_
_"@interbaun.com> wrote:

>bigToe wrote:
>> Hi. Has anyone ever heard of a CRV needing a new tranny? I'm looking
>> at buying a 97' that has had a replacemant if I can get some peace of
>> mind about this. It works perfectly now.
>>
>> thanks

>
>----------------
>
>What's the mileage, BTW?


105k miles. The trans. was replaced 2 years ago. Thanks for all
replies.

>Super rare for Cr-V, but just treat it good and you've got the advantage
>of a tranny that's younger than the rest of the vehicle. I'd change the
>ATF right away if you buy it, or get the inspecting mechanic to pull the
>magnetic drain plug to see if there's much iron on it. Use only Honda Z1
>in the tranny, and Honda Dual Pump Fluid in the rear differential. Make
>sure the valves get adjusted too.
>
>'Curly'
>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02 Aug 2005, 05:15 pm
damn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CRV Transmission

hey Tegger,
anyway of finding which tranny's were covered i.e. vin's. I have a '98
and have the shift shock from 2 - 3.
please advise and thanks in advance,
personal email address: denisdsouza@hotmail.com
thanks
denis


On 2 Jun 2005 13:13:52 GMT, "TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote:

>bigToeHereNO_SPAMM@hotmail.com (bigToe) wrote in
>news:429efbfe.175309312@news.dal.ca:
>
>> Hi. Has anyone ever heard of a CRV needing a new tranny? I'm looking
>> at buying a 97' that has had a replacemant if I can get some peace of
>> mind about this. It works perfectly now.
>>

>
>
>Honda had increased its automatic transmission warranty to eight years on
>account of a large number of failures. Yours appears to have been one of
>them.
>
>Chances are you'll be fine, as they've fixed the gasket issue that caused
>the problem in the first place.
>
>Also, there is a TSB on your vehicle's transmission:
>http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/crv/x00-012e.pdf


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1987 Manual Transmission Accord DX - Testing Transmission/Gears?? Ken Abrahamsen Honda 2 4 26 Oct 2004 08:01 pm
96 Acura RL - possible transmission shudder problem after transmission flush Elizabeth Sullivan Acura 11 05 May 2004 05:46 pm
How to change Transmission Fluid CIVIC 93 LX.. Automatic Transmission LX: Please Help Sahin Honda 3 7 14 Apr 2004 02:22 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.