Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 18 Aug 2010, 01:35 pm
robb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Does '91 Integra 3Dr LS 5spd-mt have high pressure switch for A/C ?

I was looking here

http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/P...ID=3&yearID=11

to find the part and where it might be located but there is nothing labeled
as **high** pressure switch in the parts of the AC parts list diagrams.
Which is why i ask the question.

thanks for any helpful answers,
robb

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 18 Aug 2010, 01:44 pm
robb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Does '91 Integra 3Dr LS 5spd-mt have high pressure switch for A/C ?

Let me adjust that question :}

Does the AC system on this car have a "high pressure relief valve" ?
location ?

If i wanted to install a "high pressure cutout switch"... which one and
where should i buy such a creature ?

thanks again,
robb



"robb" <some@where.on.net> wrote in message
news:5PGdnSrvFNtnuvHRnZ2dnUVZ_gKdnZ2d@earthlink.co m...
> I was looking here
>
> http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/P...ID=3&yearID=11
>
> to find the part and where it might be located but there is nothing
> labeled as **high** pressure switch in the parts of the AC parts list
> diagrams. Which is why i ask the question.
>
> thanks for any helpful answers,
> robb


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 18 Aug 2010, 07:50 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Does '91 Integra 3Dr LS 5spd-mt have high pressure switch for A/C ?

"robb" <some@where.on.net> wrote in
news:2KmdnctI6vhitPHRnZ2dnUVZ_sCdnZ2d@earthlink.co m:

> Let me adjust that question :}
>
> Does the AC system on this car have a "high pressure relief valve" ?
> location ?




No. It has a "dual pressure switch", that handles both low- and high-
pressure. It's mounted the front surface of the compressor, closer to the
engine than the pulley.


>
> If i wanted to install a "high pressure cutout switch"... which one
> and where should i buy such a creature ?



Why do you want to buy one? Your A/C doesn't work?


--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 18 Aug 2010, 08:33 pm
robb
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Does '91 Integra 3Dr LS 5spd-mt have high pressure switch for A/C ?



"Tegger" <invalid@example.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9DD8D3E16C5A3tegger@208.90.168.18...
> "robb" <some@where.on.net> wrote in
> news:2KmdnctI6vhitPHRnZ2dnUVZ_sCdnZ2d@earthlink.co m:
>
>> Let me adjust that question :}
>>
>> Does the AC system on this car have a "high pressure relief valve" ?
>> location ?

>
> No. It has a "dual pressure switch", that handles both low- and high-
> pressure. It's mounted the front surface of the compressor, closer to the
> engine than the pulley.
>
>>
>> If i wanted to install a "high pressure cutout switch"... which one
>> and where should i buy such a creature ?

>
> Why do you want to buy one? Your A/C doesn't work?
> --
> Tegger


Thanks for the help Tegger,

AC does not work (well has not worked since last year). It was completely
void of refrigerant as there was No pressure on the lines according to the
AC gauges.

I figured now would be a good time to convert to another refrigerant like
134a .

After doing some research about converting to 134a there was mention of 134a
operating at higher pressures and the need for installing "high pressure
cutout" (if high pressure relief valve existed) to comply with EPA SNAP
regulations.

Plus installing 134a service port fitings and a new 134a label etc...

As for the problem ....

I figure there must be a leak so i pulled a vaccum on the system to confirm
and it held 27" for at least 45 min until i disconnected everything so i
wonder why/where the refrigerant went ? maybe bad schrader valve or a high
pressure leak . So i plan to search for leak after i make all the other
changes.

Thanks again for the help.
robb



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I use a low-temp thermostat and high pressure radiator cap on my '90 integra? C Jizzle Acura Technical 2 02 May 2010 02:01 pm
Oil Pressure Switch burton94 Honda Technical 0 05 Nov 2009 03:55 pm
location of acura integra 1990 ac pressure switch? reggie d Acura Technical 1 11 Jun 2008 03:16 pm
where's the ac pressure switch on acura integra 1990? reggie d Acura Technical 2 22 May 2008 09:46 am
VTEC oil pressure switch Glenn Woodell Honda 2 0 12 Nov 2006 04:16 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.