Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2010, 04:55 pm
Eddie G
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default handsfree link

I have an '04 TL and my handsfree works fine. My wife has an '06 TL
and when she receives a call, the caller hears the radio and nothing
else, then the call gets dropped. I had deleted and reinstalled the
phone from the car but that did not fix it. Is this something that is
covered under warranty? (I know - "call the dealer and ask them")
Maybe she needs a new handsfree link system??

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2010, 07:32 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: handsfree link

Eddie G <egoldberg@amh.org> wrote in news:8be256d0-46ec-4a53-a9a6-
f749ac1dd03c@d12g2000vbr.googlegroups.com:

> I have an '04 TL and my handsfree works fine. My wife has an '06 TL
> and when she receives a call, the caller hears the radio and nothing
> else, then the call gets dropped. I had deleted and reinstalled the
> phone from the car but that did not fix it. Is this something that is
> covered under warranty? (I know - "call the dealer and ask them")
> Maybe she needs a new handsfree link system??
>
> Any other suggestions?
>



I have five articles from Honda having to do with HFL problems. One of
these specifically mentions dropped calls (I can send it to you if you
wish). But nowhere is there a mention of the odd symptom of the radio being
audible to the caller immediately before the call is dropped.

I wish I had more to offer, but calling your dealer may be the only option
here. the problem with that is that the dealer may or may not be able to
bill Honda for the diagnostics work, and/or may be afraid to ask, so this
option might be a non-starter.

Technically, your car may be eligible for a "goodwill" warranty fix, but
such things are not certain. But you never know until you ask.

If you want to try the official Honda fixes yourself, I can send you all
five docs, and you can play around with it and see if that fixes things.

--
Tegger
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2010, 11:05 pm
bob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: handsfree link

In article <8be256d0-46ec-4a53-a9a6-
f749ac1dd03c@d12g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>, egoldberg@amh.org says...
>
> I have an '04 TL and my handsfree works fine. My wife has an '06 TL
> and when she receives a call, the caller hears the radio and nothing
> else, then the call gets dropped. I had deleted and reinstalled the
> phone from the car but that did not fix it. Is this something that is
> covered under warranty? (I know - "call the dealer and ask them")
> Maybe she needs a new handsfree link system??
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks!


Let me make sure I understand this correctly. Your phone works fine in
your '04 TL but your wife's phone doesn't work properly in here '06 TL.
Is this correct?

If so, have you checked to see if your phone works correctly in her car?

I have an '06 TSX and my Motorola Razr sort of worked. I could receive
calls fine, but when I called someone, I could hear them, but apparently
the HFL software didn't detect that the person I called had answered,
wouldn't connect the call to my phone properly, and the person I called
couldn't hear me.

When I got a Motorola smart phone and paired it to the car, it worked
properly.

Tegger or someone might know the url to the official Honda/Acura web
site that lists cell phones and indicates whether they will work with
the car. I'm afraid I don't seem to have the URL. In my case, my Razr
was listed as not working but the older Razr was listed as working and
the newer one also was listed as working.

HTH,

Bob
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 15 May 2010, 06:00 am
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: handsfree link

In article <MPG.2657d96929fca746989784@news.eternal-september.org>,
bob <nottooslow42@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have an '06 TSX and my Motorola Razr sort of worked. I could receive
> calls fine, but when I called someone, I could hear them, but apparently
> the HFL software didn't detect that the person I called had answered,
> wouldn't connect the call to my phone properly, and the person I called
> couldn't hear me.
>
> When I got a Motorola smart phone and paired it to the car, it worked
> properly.


exactly the situation with my father's AT&T Pantech phone.

Fortunately for him, someone at AT&T knew right away that his phone
didn't work well at all with car systems, so they shipped him a Nokia
that did.


> Tegger or someone might know the url to the official Honda/Acura web
> site that lists cell phones and indicates whether they will work with
> the car. I'm afraid I don't seem to have the URL. In my case, my Razr
> was listed as not working but the older Razr was listed as working and
> the newer one also was listed as working.


http://handsfreelink.com

But keep in mind, that list says the Pantech works--which, technically,
it does, but in reality it doesn't. So take the list with a grain of
salt.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 17 May 2010, 06:51 am
Eddie G
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: handsfree link

On May 15, 12:05*am, bob <nottooslo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In article <8be256d0-46ec-4a53-a9a6-
> f749ac1dd...@d12g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>, egoldb...@amh.org says...
>
>
>
> > I have an '04 TL and my handsfree works fine. *My wife has an '06 TL
> > and when she receives a call, the caller hears the radio and nothing
> > else, then the call gets dropped. *I had deleted and reinstalled the
> > phone from the car but that did not fix it. *Is this something that is
> > covered under warranty? *(I know - "call the dealer and ask them")
> > Maybe she needs a new handsfree link system??

>
> > Any other suggestions?

>
> > Thanks!

>
> Let me make sure I understand this correctly. Your phone works fine in
> your '04 TL but your wife's phone doesn't work properly in here '06 TL.
> Is this correct?
>
> If so, have you checked to see if your phone works correctly in her car?
>
> I have an '06 TSX and my Motorola Razr sort of worked. I could receive
> calls fine, but when I called someone, I could hear them, but apparently
> the HFL software didn't detect that the person I called had answered,
> wouldn't connect the call to my phone properly, and the person I called
> couldn't hear me.
>
> When I got a Motorola smart phone and paired it to the car, it worked
> properly.
>
> Tegger or someone might know the url to the official Honda/Acura web
> site that lists cell phones and indicates whether they will work with
> the car. I'm afraid I don't seem to have the URL. In my case, my Razr
> was listed as not working but the older Razr was listed as working and
> the newer one also was listed as working.
>
> HTH,
>
> Bob


We both have the same phone - iphones, which are on the list of phones
that work.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there a way to train an Acura TSX Handsfree Link to better understand my voice? Mark C Acura Technical 3 30 Jan 2008 04:16 pm
06 - TSX - Handsfree Compatible Phones Bob Acura 2 25 Mar 2007 03:27 pm
Acura TL Handsfree link passcode Wai Kwok Law Acura 0 11 Nov 2004 12:51 am
TL '04 Handsfree Link Pascal Antoine Acura 4 05 Sep 2004 12:26 pm
link Dave.G Honda 3 0 17 Apr 2004 02:55 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.