Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jan 2010, 01:49 pm
shallowpool
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 87 Accord vs 88 Integra?

I recently found a used official 1987 Accord factory service manual
for sale, cheap. I own a 1988 Integra in need of work. I'm wondering
if anyone knows how far apart are these two vehicles and their
components? I noticed from the start that the engines sizes differ.
Is it the same base engine though?

Opinions? Should I buy the book?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jan 2010, 07:18 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 87 Accord vs 88 Integra?

shallowpool <shallowpool@yahoo.com> wrote in news:58fbb62b-cf9b-4e79-a885-
17fb0632cf5f@33g2000yqo.googlegroups.com:

> I recently found a used official 1987 Accord factory service manual
> for sale, cheap. I own a 1988 Integra in need of work. I'm wondering
> if anyone knows how far apart are these two vehicles and their
> components? I noticed from the start that the engines sizes differ.
> Is it the same base engine though?
>
> Opinions? Should I buy the book?
>




No. The Accord is /totally/ different from the Integra in just about every
way.

Any Helm/Honda manual for 1986, 1987, 1988 or 1989 will do, but you'll find
small differences from one year to the next. An actual '87 is best. Later
Helm manuals will incorporate all four years in one book.

Make sure the Integra manual you buy is for the North American market!
There are European manuals floating around. These are useless for American
cars.


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jan 2010, 07:33 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 87 Accord vs 88 Integra?

Tegger <invalid@invalid.inv> wrote in
news:Xns9D0ACE83A1100tegger@208.90.168.18:

> shallowpool <shallowpool@yahoo.com> wrote in
> news:58fbb62b-cf9b-4e79-a885-
> 17fb0632cf5f@33g2000yqo.googlegroups.com:
>
>> I recently found a used official 1987 Accord factory service manual
>> for sale, cheap. I own a 1988 Integra in need of work. I'm
>> wondering if anyone knows how far apart are these two vehicles and
>> their components? I noticed from the start that the engines sizes
>> differ. Is it the same base engine though?
>>
>> Opinions? Should I buy the book?
>>

>
>
>
> No. The Accord is /totally/ different from the Integra in just about
> every way.
>
> Any Helm/Honda manual for 1986, 1987, 1988 or 1989 will do,




Clarification:
"Any Helm/Honda INTEGRA manual will do, but..."



> but you'll
> find small differences from one year to the next. An actual '87 is
> best. Later Helm manuals will incorporate all four years in one book.
>
> Make sure the Integra manual you buy is for the North American market!
> There are European manuals floating around. These are useless for
> American cars.
>
>




--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 24 Jan 2010, 11:15 pm
shallowpool
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 87 Accord vs 88 Integra?

I did find an old used Haynes for the 88 Acura for about $5, but it
doesn't even look worth the few dollars. I realize most of the specs
in the manual will be wrong, but I thought some of the procedures
might prove helpful in a general sort of way. One thing that caught
my eye in the Accord service manual was a graphical identification of
the body parts using a "generic" looking car. Well, the drawing
looked suspiciously like my Integra, rather than an Accord.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

Tegger wrote:
> Tegger <invalid@invalid.inv> wrote in
> news:Xns9D0ACE83A1100tegger@208.90.168.18:
>
> > shallowpool <shallowpool@yahoo.com> wrote in
> > news:58fbb62b-cf9b-4e79-a885-
> > 17fb0632cf5f@33g2000yqo.googlegroups.com:
> >
> >> I recently found a used official 1987 Accord factory service manual
> >> for sale, cheap. I own a 1988 Integra in need of work. I'm
> >> wondering if anyone knows how far apart are these two vehicles and
> >> their components? I noticed from the start that the engines sizes
> >> differ. Is it the same base engine though?
> >>
> >> Opinions? Should I buy the book?
> >>

> >
> >
> >
> > No. The Accord is /totally/ different from the Integra in just about
> > every way.
> >
> > Any Helm/Honda manual for 1986, 1987, 1988 or 1989 will do,

>
>
>
> Clarification:
> "Any Helm/Honda INTEGRA manual will do, but..."
>
>
>
> > but you'll
> > find small differences from one year to the next. An actual '87 is
> > best. Later Helm manuals will incorporate all four years in one book.
> >
> > Make sure the Integra manual you buy is for the North American market!
> > There are European manuals floating around. These are useless for
> > American cars.
> >
> >

>
>
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 25 Jan 2010, 08:58 am
dan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 87 Accord vs 88 Integra?

On 1/24/2010 9:15 PM, shallowpool wrote:
> I did find an old used Haynes for the 88 Acura for about $5, but it
> doesn't even look worth the few dollars. I realize most of the specs
> in the manual will be wrong, but I thought some of the procedures
> might prove helpful in a general sort of way. One thing that caught
> my eye in the Accord service manual was a graphical identification of
> the body parts using a "generic" looking car. Well, the drawing
> looked suspiciously like my Integra, rather than an Accord.
>
> Anyway, thanks for the tip.
>


If you're lucky, you can get this off ebay for $14 shipped:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-...sQ5fLiterature

dan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Integra springs fit a accord? iceman Honda Technical 2 15 Nov 2009 12:31 am
Would you rather have an Acura Integra GSR or Honda Accord V6? SLOCUM2 Honda Technical 10 13 Oct 2009 04:16 am
I currently drive an automatic 1997 Acura Integra GS. What is the fastest stock Integra thenox Acura Technical 3 11 May 2009 12:01 pm
will 94 integra coil overs fit a 94 accord 4dr FATGUY94ACCORD Honda Technical 0 21 Mar 2009 03:16 pm
Integra sir-g, Integra si (jdm gsr) and Integra type r engines? Karen A Acura Technical 4 17 Nov 2008 05:46 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.