Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07 Jan 2010, 11:14 pm
rll
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default TL Fan Motor Quit

My 2004 TL has another problem. The fan motor quit. Both fuses are fine (I
swapped them with others known good), I also ran the diagnostic and got the
error code for bad motor.

Has anyone else had trouble with the blower motor on their TL? It seems
like an odd problem.

The car has less than 40,000 miles. It's been one problem after another
with this car. Very disappointing.

- Russ in Santa Barbara


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jan 2010, 07:09 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: TL Fan Motor Quit

rll <rll_mac@cox.net> wrote in news:C76BFF4D.182D3%rll_mac@cox.net:

> My 2004 TL has another problem. The fan motor quit. Both fuses are
> fine (I swapped them with others known good), I also ran the
> diagnostic and got the error code for bad motor.




Please give the actual DTC, not the text description. The text description
is worse than useless.



>
> Has anyone else had trouble with the blower motor on their TL? It
> seems like an odd problem.




You mean the rad fan or the interior heater blower motor?

If the interior blower motor, have you checked the motor's cooling tube to
see if it's blocked with leaves or other debris? The tube is at the very
bottom of the motor assembly and is corrugated and J-shaped. Blockage will
cause the motor to overheat and seize.

There is a TSB out on the blower motor wiring sub-harness, but it covers
only up to 2003. The TSB says the sub-harness is too short, which puts
tension on the connectors and causes them to lose proper contact.


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08 Jan 2010, 09:33 pm
rll
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: TL Fan Motor Quit

It turns out it was the transistor pack, not the interior blower motor. A
mere $250 and the ventilation/air conditioning is working normally again.

The service writer said I was lucky as the fan motor is $900!

The error code was S, fan motor fault, if that is any help.

Thanks,

- Russ

On 1/8/10 5:09 AM, in article Xns9CFA52FAD77F8tegger@208.90.168.18, "Tegger"
<invalid@invalid.inv> wrote:

> rll <rll_mac@cox.net> wrote in news:C76BFF4D.182D3%rll_mac@cox.net:
>
>> My 2004 TL has another problem. The fan motor quit. Both fuses are
>> fine (I swapped them with others known good), I also ran the
>> diagnostic and got the error code for bad motor.

>
>
>
> Please give the actual DTC, not the text description. The text description
> is worse than useless.
>
>
>
>>
>> Has anyone else had trouble with the blower motor on their TL? It
>> seems like an odd problem.

>
>
>
> You mean the rad fan or the interior heater blower motor?
>
> If the interior blower motor, have you checked the motor's cooling tube to
> see if it's blocked with leaves or other debris? The tube is at the very
> bottom of the motor assembly and is corrugated and J-shaped. Blockage will
> cause the motor to overheat and seize.
>
> There is a TSB out on the blower motor wiring sub-harness, but it covers
> only up to 2003. The TSB says the sub-harness is too short, which puts
> tension on the connectors and causes them to lose proper contact.
>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Del Sol Fan Motor Quit Working? james Honda Technical 1 08 Sep 2007 06:08 am
My 2002 Honda CRV blower motor quit. So far I've ruled out the motor and the relay. So where's nodakodan Honda Technical 3 30 Aug 2007 06:40 pm
91 civic quit daniel peterman Honda 2 13 09 Dec 2005 05:49 am
Fan for A/C and Heater just quit - need help IC2020 Honda 2 11 15 Oct 2005 03:23 am
A/C and Heater fan just quit on me. please help IC2020 Honda 1 0 11 Oct 2005 12:56 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.