Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 May 2009, 06:33 pm
rll
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2009 TL

Has anyone out there purchased a new TL? If you have, can you please
comment on your thoughts about this version?

I have a 2004 TL (and an NSX), but they styling of the new one is
polarizing. It's also about 500 lbs. Heavier than my 2004 version.

I live in California and have only seen one new TL since they became
available. I wonder if Acura will be discounting the price significantly.
Though I am not sure I would be interested unless the price was very low
indeed.

Thanks,

- Russ

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24 May 2009, 06:59 pm
Bob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2009 TL

In article <C63F2764.11090%rll_mac@cox.net>, rll_mac@cox.net says...
> Has anyone out there purchased a new TL? If you have, can you please
> comment on your thoughts about this version?
>

<snip>

Russ,

I own an '06 TSX and when it was in for scheduled maintenance, I was
given a base '09 TL with nav, as a loaner car. I had the car for about
24 hours and my biggest disappointments, other than the styling, were
the road noise and turning circle. The road noise was less than my TSX,
but not as low as I would expect from an almost $40K stickered car. As
far as the turning circle issue goes, my wife's Escape has a tighter
turning radius than both the TSX and TL.

I hope this gives you a few things to consider.

Bob
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 26 May 2009, 12:29 am
rll
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2009 TL

On 5/24/09 4:59 PM, in article
MPG.24839b36c79c78498973e@news.motzarella.org, "Bob"
<tooslow42@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> In article <C63F2764.11090%rll_mac@cox.net>, rll_mac@cox.net says...
>> Has anyone out there purchased a new TL? If you have, can you please
>> comment on your thoughts about this version?
>>

> <snip>
>
> Russ,
>
> I own an '06 TSX and when it was in for scheduled maintenance, I was
> given a base '09 TL with nav, as a loaner car. I had the car for about
> 24 hours and my biggest disappointments, other than the styling, were
> the road noise and turning circle. The road noise was less than my TSX,
> but not as low as I would expect from an almost $40K stickered car. As
> far as the turning circle issue goes, my wife's Escape has a tighter
> turning radius than both the TSX and TL.
>
> I hope this gives you a few things to consider.
>
> Bob


Hi Bob,

Thanks for the information. We have several cars including our old
Pathfinder that we use for the dog. It has the smallest turning circle of
any of our cars by far. And it's a four wheel drive. I am not sure why
Honda doesn't reduce the turning radius on its vehicles.

I also have an NSX, but to be honest, I've never really noticed how tight
the turning capability is on it.

When Hondas are reviewed, nearly all comments include elevated road noise.
My friend bought a Lexus GS and it is noticeably quieter. Maybe it's time
to look into another brand. I still love the NSX anyway.

Thanks again.

- Russ in Santa Barbara

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26 May 2009, 04:19 pm
Venture Rider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2009 TL

On Sun, 24 May 2009 18:59:16 -0500, Bob said:

>As far as the turning circle issue goes, my wife's Escape has a tighter
>turning radius than both the TSX and TL.


Your wife's Escape is probably a RWD.

--
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 26 May 2009, 04:37 pm
Dean Dark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2009 TL

On Tue, 26 May 2009 17:19:25 -0400, Venture Rider
<dontbother@bogus.dom> wrote:

>On Sun, 24 May 2009 18:59:16 -0500, Bob said:
>
>>As far as the turning circle issue goes, my wife's Escape has a tighter
>>turning radius than both the TSX and TL.

>
>Your wife's Escape is probably a RWD.


Ford Escapes come in FWD & AWD, no RWD option.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 26 May 2009, 09:50 pm
Bob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2009 TL

In article <001574cc$0$18172$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>,
dontbother@bogus.dom says...
> On Sun, 24 May 2009 18:59:16 -0500, Bob said:
>
> >As far as the turning circle issue goes, my wife's Escape has a tighter
> >turning radius than both the TSX and TL.

>
> Your wife's Escape is probably a RWD.
>
>

Negative. FWD.

Bob
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 31 May 2009, 07:14 am
ACAR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2009 TL

On May 24, 7:33*pm, rll <rll_...@cox.net> wrote:
> Has anyone out there purchased a new TL? *If you have, can you please
> comment on your thoughts about this version?
>
> I have a 2004 TL (and an NSX), but they styling of the new one is
> polarizing. *It's also about 500 lbs. Heavier than my 2004 version.
>
> I live in California and have only seen one new TL since they became
> available. *I wonder if Acura will be discounting the price significantly.
> Though I am not sure I would be interested unless the price was very low
> indeed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> *- Russ


some of that 500 lb. goes towards SH-AWD which appears not to improve
handling very much, if at all. Honda appears incapable of making it
work as advertised. SH-AWD (and its weight) doesn't help to improve
mpg, either.

I know former TL owners who went with Lexus IS (quiet ride) this time
around and new shoppers who went with Infiniti G series (sporty
drive).

Frankly, if you are trading in every 4 or 5 years it makes sense to
take BMW up on their free service & maintenance for 4 years offer. Why
pay for long-term attributes you won't need?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2009 Cobalt SS/TC or 2009 Honda Civic Si? Marky Mark Honda Technical 7 02 Jan 2010 12:31 pm
Chevy Equinox 2009 or Acura TSX 2009? *SaRaH* Acura Technical 5 08 Apr 2009 03:46 pm
CR-V LX 2009 or Accord LX 2009 or Civic EX 2009? ? Know_Karma Honda Technical 2 23 Jan 2009 12:42 pm
Can I get a 2008/2009 Honda Accord Coupe or 2008/2009 Altima with $3000 down, 622 credit sexyvette Honda Technical 5 19 Nov 2008 05:01 pm
Accord 2009 or CAmry 2009? Viktor Honda Technical 2 05 Nov 2008 03:46 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.