Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 15 Feb 2009, 05:29 pm
Venture Rider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default My Acura dealer does it again

32,000km after having the front left wheel bearings replaced, they are
starting to make "that noise" again. Funny how the bearings on the
other three wheels are still fine after 114,000km. I would have
understood if the bearings on any of the other wheels had gone bad,
but give me a break! 32,000km?!?!

This is bullshit.

Crappy Acura replacement parts, perhaps.


--
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 15 Feb 2009, 08:25 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My Acura dealer does it again

Venture Rider <dontbother@bogus.dom> wrote in news:009d6895$0$21964$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

> 32,000km after having the front left wheel bearings replaced, they are
> starting to make "that noise" again. Funny how the bearings on the
> other three wheels are still fine after 114,000km. I would have
> understood if the bearings on any of the other wheels had gone bad,
> but give me a break! 32,000km?!?!
>
> This is bullshit.
>
> Crappy Acura replacement parts, perhaps.
>
>




How do you know it's the front left again?


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 16 Feb 2009, 03:13 pm
Venture Rider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My Acura dealer does it again

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 02:25:31 +0000 (UTC), Tegger said:

>Venture Rider <dontbother@bogus.dom> wrote in news:009d6895$0$21964$c3e8da3
>@news.astraweb.com:
>
>> 32,000km after having the front left wheel bearings replaced, they are
>> starting to make "that noise" again. Funny how the bearings on the
>> other three wheels are still fine after 114,000km. I would have
>> understood if the bearings on any of the other wheels had gone bad,
>> but give me a break! 32,000km?!?!
>>
>> This is bullshit.
>>
>> Crappy Acura replacement parts, perhaps.
>>
>>

>
>
>
>How do you know it's the front left again?


The sound is coming from the front left wheel.

--
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 16 Feb 2009, 05:49 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My Acura dealer does it again

Venture Rider <dontbother@bogus.dom> wrote in
news:009e9a1a$0$17040$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 02:25:31 +0000 (UTC), Tegger said:
>
>>Venture Rider <dontbother@bogus.dom> wrote in
>>news:009d6895$0$21964$c3e8da3 @news.astraweb.com:
>>
>>> 32,000km after having the front left wheel bearings replaced, they
>>> are starting to make "that noise" again. Funny how the bearings on
>>> the other three wheels are still fine after 114,000km. I would have
>>> understood if the bearings on any of the other wheels had gone bad,
>>> but give me a break! 32,000km?!?!
>>>
>>> This is bullshit.
>>>
>>> Crappy Acura replacement parts, perhaps.
>>>
>>>

>>
>>
>>
>>How do you know it's the front left again?

>
> The sound is coming from the front left wheel.
>




Honda-branded parts are the very best you can get, hands down.
They can, however, be improperly installed.

Bearing noise comes and goes depending on steering input.

Under what /precise/ conditions does the noise occur and go away?


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 17 Feb 2009, 05:30 am
Venture Rider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My Acura dealer does it again

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 23:49:03 +0000 (UTC), Tegger said:

>Honda-branded parts are the very best you can get, hands down.
>They can, however, be improperly installed.
>
>Bearing noise comes and goes depending on steering input.
>
>Under what /precise/ conditions does the noise occur and go away?


The noise is pretty much constant, and goes up in volume as I
accelerate. It does not seem to change much with stearing input. I got
to do a lot of hightway driving over the weekend, and at those speeds,
it sounds like a truck tire. That is the exact same sound as when the
bearings went bad the last time. When this happened three years ago, I
though I was having a tire problem until they told me it was the
bearings. So, of course, I'm making an assumption...

--
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 17 Feb 2009, 03:42 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My Acura dealer does it again

Venture Rider <dontbother@bogus.dom> wrote in news:009f62df$0$15846$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 23:49:03 +0000 (UTC), Tegger said:
>
>>Honda-branded parts are the very best you can get, hands down.
>>They can, however, be improperly installed.
>>
>>Bearing noise comes and goes depending on steering input.
>>
>>Under what /precise/ conditions does the noise occur and go away?

>
> The noise is pretty much constant, and goes up in volume as I
> accelerate. It does not seem to change much with stearing input. I got
> to do a lot of hightway driving over the weekend, and at those speeds,
> it sounds like a truck tire. That is the exact same sound as when the
> bearings went bad the last time. When this happened three years ago, I
> though I was having a tire problem until they told me it was the
> bearings. So, of course, I'm making an assumption...
>




At this point I suspect tires.

The correct step to take now is to swap the tires left-for-right or front-
for-rear and see if the noise moves.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 18 Feb 2009, 03:46 pm
Venture Rider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My Acura dealer does it again

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 06:30:16 -0500, Venture Rider said:

>On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 23:49:03 +0000 (UTC), Tegger said:
>
>>Honda-branded parts are the very best you can get, hands down.
>>They can, however, be improperly installed.
>>
>>Bearing noise comes and goes depending on steering input.
>>
>>Under what /precise/ conditions does the noise occur and go away?

>
>The noise is pretty much constant, and goes up in volume as I
>accelerate. It does not seem to change much with stearing input. I got
>to do a lot of hightway driving over the weekend, and at those speeds,
>it sounds like a truck tire. That is the exact same sound as when the
>bearings went bad the last time. When this happened three years ago, I
>though I was having a tire problem until they told me it was the
>bearings. So, of course, I'm making an assumption...


It's been confirmed by an independant garage: The front-left bearing
is making that noise. The one that was replaced by the Acura
dealership only 32,000km ago. What did the dealership say? It normal,
if you hit a bump or something.

--
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 18 Feb 2009, 05:35 pm
dan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My Acura dealer does it again

I replaced a ball joint on my old Accord with one purchased at a parts
store. They have a shop in the back that pressed it in for me.
Afterwards, the steering was just not right. It took me a while to get
up the courage to take the knuckle back off and ask for replacement. I
suggested it may have been installed badly, and was told that they can
just be bad in the box. Who knows. The second one was great. At least
somebody else has to do the work replacing it for you.

dan

Venture Rider wrote:

> It's been confirmed by an independant garage: The front-left bearing
> is making that noise. The one that was replaced by the Acura
> dealership only 32,000km ago. What did the dealership say? It normal,
> if you hit a bump or something.
>


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 18 Feb 2009, 06:09 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My Acura dealer does it again

Venture Rider <dontbother@bogus.dom> wrote in news:00a144b9$0$27906$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

> On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 06:30:16 -0500, Venture Rider said:
>
>>On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 23:49:03 +0000 (UTC), Tegger said:
>>
>>>Honda-branded parts are the very best you can get, hands down.
>>>They can, however, be improperly installed.
>>>
>>>Bearing noise comes and goes depending on steering input.
>>>
>>>Under what /precise/ conditions does the noise occur and go away?

>>
>>The noise is pretty much constant, and goes up in volume as I
>>accelerate. It does not seem to change much with stearing input. I got
>>to do a lot of hightway driving over the weekend, and at those speeds,
>>it sounds like a truck tire. That is the exact same sound as when the
>>bearings went bad the last time. When this happened three years ago, I
>>though I was having a tire problem until they told me it was the
>>bearings. So, of course, I'm making an assumption...

>
> It's been confirmed by an independant garage: The front-left bearing
> is making that noise. The one that was replaced by the Acura
> dealership only 32,000km ago. What did the dealership say? It normal,
> if you hit a bump or something.
>




It's NOT "normal".

It takes a specific assembly sequence and considerable force to install a
front wheel bearing. Do it wrong and you wreck the bearing.

I'll bet this is due to a botched replacement. You're not getting the new
bearing installed at the same place as the old, are you?

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 19 Feb 2009, 09:24 pm
ACAR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My Acura dealer does it again

On Feb 18, 7:09*pm, Tegger <inva...@invalid.inv> wrote:
snip
>
> I'll bet this is due to a botched replacement. You're not getting the new
> bearing installed at the same place as the old, are you?
>
> --
> Tegger
>


Yeah, I agree with the Tegger. You need to take the car to another
dealer. Let them know about the prior work. Most likely the idiots
don't know how to do the work properly but there's a chance that
there's some other problem lurking. In any event, it's time for a new
set of eyes. No other dealer? Have the dealer's service manager call
the district manager while you are present to explain the need for
repeated repair.

Good luck.

Re. Honda replacement parts: my Integra needed wheel bearnings on a
routine basis; about every 70K miles or so. It was the only car I've
ever owned needing that work repeatedly. So either the parts or the
design was marginal.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2008 Acura purchase - what is "Dealer Cash" or "cash to dealer" ? pdm_tech Acura Technical 1 18 Aug 2008 05:46 pm
Theres an 2002 Acura RSX type s at an acura dealer for $16000. IS it worth it? swordfish Acura Technical 7 21 Jan 2008 07:31 pm
Will a Honda dealer service an Acura AS AN ACURA DEALER WOULD, even though, they're not nipsy3 Acura Technical 7 14 Jan 2008 09:31 am
I have a 1999 acura tl and my trasmisson is going would it be better to go to an acura dealer... rigga2k1 Acura Technical 5 02 Jan 2008 11:31 am
Acura dealer apdicenzo Acura 0 24 Oct 2004 04:06 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.