Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 26 May 2008, 12:07 pm
MrMusic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default LF: electric schematic for my 1990 Integra LS hatchback

Howdy. Can someone please post this so I can tell the wire
colours/markings for the various accessories etc out of the inside
fues box. Stop/tail-lites, etc.

Its very hard to troubleshoot without one.

BIG thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 26 May 2008, 05:31 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: LF: electric schematic for my 1990 Integra LS hatchback

MrMusic <MrMusic@nospam.com> wrote in news:rcrl34p5c3b6jlv0jsjva68vjvu99rr7s3@4ax.com:

> Howdy. Can someone please post this so I can tell the wire
> colours/markings for the various accessories etc out of the inside
> fues box. Stop/tail-lites, etc.
>
> Its very hard to troubleshoot without one.
>
> BIG thanks!!!!





Do you know what you're asking for? The wiring diagrams consist of
well over a dozen 11x17 pages.


I'd suggest eBay, but the listings I see are mostly for CDs and
do not look trustworthy.

www.helminc.com has new OEM manuals. These are the finest there is.
<http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=&Mfg=AHA&Make=AHA&Model=INTG&Year =1990&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected%5Fmedia= &mscsid=57A7XERWXBTX9JE2PJCPM37LHB8XCLA6>

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jun 2008, 05:36 pm
MrMusic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: LF: electric schematic for my 1990 Integra LS hatchback

Howdy. I didn't know there was SO many!!!. My prob had to do with
my tail lights not working when the emergency brake was DOWN aka off.

Stop & tun signals OK but needless to say, not too good at night with
no lights in rear. I tracked it down to the small switch on the
emergency brake. When brake ON, the tail lights stayed on but they I
put the brake down, tail lights went OFF..

Seems the switch on brake was kaput so disconnected so I ran wire
from switch to ground and now the lites stay on with emerg brake off.

Only prob is now he Emergency light on dash stays light even when the
brake is off. That is OK with me until I find a good switch.

dewayne on the West Coast of Canada

On Mon, 26 May 2008 22:31:37 +0000 (UTC), Tegger <tegger@tegger.c0m>
wrote:

>MrMusic <MrMusic@nospam.com> wrote in news:rcrl34p5c3b6jlv0jsjva68vjvu99rr7s3@4ax.com:
>
>> Howdy. Can someone please post this so I can tell the wire
>> colours/markings for the various accessories etc out of the inside
>> fues box. Stop/tail-lites, etc.
>>
>> Its very hard to troubleshoot without one.
>>
>> BIG thanks!!!!

>
>
>
>
>Do you know what you're asking for? The wiring diagrams consist of
>well over a dozen 11x17 pages.
>
>
>I'd suggest eBay, but the listings I see are mostly for CDs and
>do not look trustworthy.
>
>www.helminc.com has new OEM manuals. These are the finest there is.
><http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=&Mfg=AHA&Make=AHA&Model=INTG&Year =1990&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected%5Fmedia= &mscsid=57A7XERWXBTX9JE2PJCPM37LHB8XCLA6>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23 Jun 2008, 09:59 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: LF: electric schematic for my 1990 Integra LS hatchback

MrMusic <MrMusic@nospam.com> wrote in
news:ku8064lpl9oj3m7jtdcj1p4grjei5r2nst@4ax.com:

> Howdy. I didn't know there was SO many!!!. My prob had to do with
> my tail lights not working when the emergency brake was DOWN aka off.




Well why didn't you say so to begin with?



>
> Stop & tun signals OK but needless to say, not too good at night with
> no lights in rear. I tracked it down to the small switch on the
> emergency brake. When brake ON, the tail lights stayed on but they I
> put the brake down, tail lights went OFF..




This is odd. The parking brake circuit is /totally/ separate from the
taillight circuit. They don't even use the same fuse.


>
> Seems the switch on brake was kaput so disconnected so I ran wire
> from switch to ground and now the lites stay on with emerg brake off.
>
> Only prob is now he Emergency light on dash stays light even when the
> brake is off. That is OK with me until I find a good switch.




That switch should be OFF when the handle is down. You've wired it ON,
which is not the correct answer here.

The fact that jumping the PB switch lets your taillights illuminate
suggests you have a ground or power problem, not a parking brake switch
problem. The parking brake jumper wire is now providing ground or power for
the taillights.

Did your license plate lights work before you jumped the parking brake
switch? If not, you definitely have a ground or power problem.

You don't say if you have a hatch or a sedan. Has the car been in rear-
ended at some point? In the hatch there's a ground connection behnd the
trim panel inside, between the taillights. Body shops sometimes forget to
reconnect this ground. The same ground in the sedan is under the parcel
shelf. Sometimes people disconnect it while installing speakers and forget
to do it back up again.

Have you checked ALL the fuses? Checked to make sure there's power to the
hot leg of the 15A taillight/license plate light fuse? That fuse is kind of
in the middle of the bunch of skinny fuses in the under-dash fuse box.



--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I have a 1990 Honda Accord, electric locks that have to be unlocked manually. I tried to unlock... elvirda Honda Technical 1 10 Oct 2007 04:54 pm
1990 Integra LS, hatchback warning light dc@aci.com Acura 1 10 Jan 2005 08:26 pm
Question: 1990 Integra LS hatchback open warning light dc@aci.com Acura 1 23 Nov 2004 01:56 pm
How to fix 1990 Integra LS hatchback rear lights with MOISTURE dc@aci.com Acura 2 19 Nov 2004 06:34 pm
How to on 1990 Integra LS hatchback. dc@aci.com Acura 1 19 Nov 2004 07:27 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.