Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2007, 10:05 am
dima_finn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default constant using of bio ethanol

Greetings from Ukraine.
Going to buy this used Acura
http://eng.car24.com.ua/ucar_details...1&id_car=95837
Does anyone know how will constant using of bio ethanol effect on this
Acura's engine? I mean, wouldn't it be bad for a car? The Authorized Honda
Centres in Ukraine has no answer. The Ukrainian Honda and Acura forums also
haven't got a clue. So, I rely on your experience and knowledge.

Many thanks for any help.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2007, 10:56 am
Jim Yanik
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: constant using of bio ethanol

"dima_finn" <u34165@uwe> wrote in news:7229ba433ac84@uwe:

> Greetings from Ukraine.
> Going to buy this used Acura
> http://eng.car24.com.ua/ucar_details...1&id_car=95837
> Does anyone know how will constant using of bio ethanol effect on this
> Acura's engine? I mean, wouldn't it be bad for a car? The Authorized
> Honda Centres in Ukraine has no answer. The Ukrainian Honda and Acura
> forums also haven't got a clue. So, I rely on your experience and
> knowledge.
>
> Many thanks for any help.
>
>


You didn't mention the year of the car.

AFAIK,
E10 or 10% ethanol should not be a problem,but E85(85% ethanol) should not
be used.

SO,it depends on how much ethanol is in your fuel mix.

I don't think Honda makes any flex-fuel cars yet,capable of using ethanol
much over 10%.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 14 May 2007, 05:07 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: constant using of bio ethanol

"dima_finn" <u34165@uwe> wrote in news:7229ba433ac84@uwe:

> Greetings from Ukraine.
> Going to buy this used Acura
> http://eng.car24.com.ua/ucar_details...1&id_car=95837
> Does anyone know how will constant using of bio ethanol effect on this
> Acura's engine? I mean, wouldn't it be bad for a car? The Authorized
> Honda Centres in Ukraine has no answer. The Ukrainian Honda and Acura
> forums also haven't got a clue. So, I rely on your experience and
> knowledge.
>
> Many thanks for any help.
>



What percent ethanol is in your fuel?

Honda cars are good for up to 10% ethanol.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 15 May 2007, 08:09 am
dima_finn via CarKB.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: constant using of bio ethanol

Tegger wrote:

>What percent ethanol is in your fuel?
>
>Honda cars are good for up to 10% ethanol.




They sell here E50. So i decided not to take risks and continue to buy gas.
Lots of sources says E30 or higher to be dangerous to the engine.

--
Message posted via CarKB.com
http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/acura/200705/1

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 15 May 2007, 08:47 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: constant using of bio ethanol

"dima_finn via CarKB.com" <u34165@uwe> wrote in news:7236c74f5db72@uwe:

> Tegger wrote:
>
>>What percent ethanol is in your fuel?
>>
>>Honda cars are good for up to 10% ethanol.

>
>
>
> They sell here E50. So i decided not to take risks and continue to buy
> gas. Lots of sources says E30 or higher to be dangerous to the engine.
>



Over E10 is usually harmful.

But...

It is *possible* your car is made for E50, if E50 has been available in
Ukraine for a long time.

You would have to phone Honda Ukraine to be sure.
http://www.dmi.com.ua/service

Is there a sticker inside the gas filler flap or on the dashboard?

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 17 May 2007, 03:44 am
dima_finn via CarKB.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: constant using of bio ethanol

Tegger wrote:
>>>What percent ethanol is in your fuel?
>>>
>>>Honda cars are good for up to 10% ethanol.

>>
>> They sell here E50. So i decided not to take risks and continue to buy
>> gas. Lots of sources says E30 or higher to be dangerous to the engine.

>
>Over E10 is usually harmful.
>
>But...
>
>It is *possible* your car is made for E50, if E50 has been available in
>Ukraine for a long time.
>
>You would have to phone Honda Ukraine to be sure.
>http://www.dmi.com.ua/service
>
>Is there a sticker inside the gas filler flap or on the dashboard?
>


No, there's not

--
Message posted via http://www.carkb.com

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
95 GSR going over to Ethanol or E85 Scott Acura 1 27 May 2007 01:47 pm
Speaking of high mpg... (6786 mpg - ethanol) mrdancer Honda 2 0 24 May 2006 09:12 pm
Ethanol in gas? Dr Nick Honda 3 40 02 May 2006 09:51 am
Constant power cigarette adapter / stereo? Evan Platt Honda 2 1 31 May 2004 11:45 am
Using gas with 10% ethanol josesantos Honda 3 13 05 Oct 2003 11:30 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.