Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 27 Apr 2007, 05:04 pm
RML
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2007 TL Navi

Is the TL Navi system something that has a monthly fee? Or is it like
Street Pilot ot Tom Tom, just linking to GPS?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 27 Apr 2007, 07:12 pm
John Horner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 TL Navi

RML wrote:
> Is the TL Navi system something that has a monthly fee? Or is it like
> Street Pilot ot Tom Tom, just linking to GPS?
>
> Thanks


No fee. The Navigation system uses free information from the GPS
satellelites to determine where you are and stored information on a
DVD-ROM in the trunk to turn that information into a map. You can buy
map updates as often as once per year if you want to at a cost of around
$185. So far I'm updating ours every three years.

The latest Garmin portable units are now getting pretty good for under
$500, so you might want to think hard about the Garmin vs. a dedicated
unit.

John

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 27 Apr 2007, 09:20 pm
Larry in AZ
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 TL Navi

Waiving the right to remain silent, John Horner <jthorner@yahoo.com> said:

> RML wrote:
>> Is the TL Navi system something that has a monthly fee? Or is it like
>> Street Pilot ot Tom Tom, just linking to GPS?
>>
>> Thanks

>
> No fee. The Navigation system uses free information from the GPS
> satellelites to determine where you are and stored information on a
> DVD-ROM in the trunk to turn that information into a map. You can buy
> map updates as often as once per year if you want to at a cost of around
> $185. So far I'm updating ours every three years.
>
> The latest Garmin portable units are now getting pretty good for under
> $500, so you might want to think hard about the Garmin vs. a dedicated
> unit.


But it won't be integrated with the radio, and Blue Tooth phone like the TL
system...

--
Larry J. - Remove spamtrap in ALLCAPS to e-mail

"A lack of common sense is now considered a disability,
with all the privileges that this entails."
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 27 Apr 2007, 10:23 pm
RLL
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 TL Navi

There is a monthly fee for the real-time traffic updating for the
navigation. I think it's about US $10 per month.

- Russ in Santa Barbara, 2004 TL, 1997 NSX

"RML" <rml@rml.net> wrote in message
newsps433prpl1ir9i0srvv7fshmjcu83bocm@4ax.com...
> Is the TL Navi system something that has a monthly fee? Or is it like
> Street Pilot ot Tom Tom, just linking to GPS?
>
> Thanks



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 28 Apr 2007, 09:21 am
Jim Tiberio
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 TL Navi


"RLL" <rlombardo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:77zYh.167257$g24.40874@newsfe12.phx...
> There is a monthly fee for the real-time traffic updating for the
> navigation. I think it's about US $10 per month.
>
> - Russ in Santa Barbara, 2004 TL, 1997 NSX


Is that available on the TL though?


> "RML" <rml@rml.net> wrote in message
> newsps433prpl1ir9i0srvv7fshmjcu83bocm@4ax.com...
>> Is the TL Navi system something that has a monthly fee? Or is it like
>> Street Pilot ot Tom Tom, just linking to GPS?
>>
>> Thanks

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 28 Apr 2007, 12:12 pm
rll
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 TL Navi

Hi,

I checked the Acura web site. Real time traffic updating is optional on the
TL and standard on the TL-S.

- Russ


"Jim Tiberio" <jimtiberio@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:59h3j8F2ko9t6U1@mid.individual.net...
>
> "RLL" <rlombardo@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:77zYh.167257$g24.40874@newsfe12.phx...
>> There is a monthly fee for the real-time traffic updating for the
>> navigation. I think it's about US $10 per month.
>>
>> - Russ in Santa Barbara, 2004 TL, 1997 NSX

>
> Is that available on the TL though?
>
>
>> "RML" <rml@rml.net> wrote in message
>> newsps433prpl1ir9i0srvv7fshmjcu83bocm@4ax.com...
>>> Is the TL Navi system something that has a monthly fee? Or is it like
>>> Street Pilot ot Tom Tom, just linking to GPS?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 28 Apr 2007, 03:41 pm
NJ Vike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 TL Navi

Yes.

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
From Broadway bright the tubes run right
Into the Road of Anthracite"
Erie - Lackawanna



"Jim Tiberio" <jimtiberio@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:59h3j8F2ko9t6U1@mid.individual.net...
>
> "RLL" <rlombardo@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:77zYh.167257$g24.40874@newsfe12.phx...
>> There is a monthly fee for the real-time traffic updating for the
>> navigation. I think it's about US $10 per month.
>>
>> - Russ in Santa Barbara, 2004 TL, 1997 NSX

>
> Is that available on the TL though?
>
>
>> "RML" <rml@rml.net> wrote in message
>> newsps433prpl1ir9i0srvv7fshmjcu83bocm@4ax.com...
>>> Is the TL Navi system something that has a monthly fee? Or is it like
>>> Street Pilot ot Tom Tom, just linking to GPS?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 28 Apr 2007, 08:21 pm
sally
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2007 TL Navi

"RLL" <rlombardo@cox.net> wrote in news:77zYh.167257$g24.40874@newsfe12.phx:

> There is a monthly fee for the real-time traffic updating for the
> navigation. I think it's about US $10 per month.


Real-time traffic is delivered by XM satelite radio. If you pay for the XM
radio service already, then the traffic data is $4/month extra. $10/month is
if you do not get the XM radio.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
beeping from Navi 2007 accord Slider Honda 2 6 04 Jul 2007 02:09 pm
Nissan Altima 2007 vs. Honda Accord 2007 success_ny@yahoo.com Honda 2 3 25 Aug 2006 12:53 am
New Navi DVD is Out Paul Cardoza Honda 3 1 21 Dec 2003 09:16 am
Navi off George McAdams Acura 4 26 Oct 2003 02:18 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.