Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11 Apr 2007, 03:03 pm
firewolf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Why Re-badge ?

Why would some people re-badge an Acura to Honda ?????

I mean what is the "logic" in these peoples brain to cause them to go thru
the trouble of
seeking out Honda badges, buy them, take off Acura ones, stick on Honda
one....


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11 Apr 2007, 05:25 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Re-badge ?

"firewolf" <firewolf@mailinator.com> wrote in
news:131qc7ioebit66@corp.supernews.com:

> Why would some people re-badge an Acura to Honda ?????
>
> I mean what is the "logic" in these peoples brain to cause them to go
> thru the trouble of
> seeking out Honda badges, buy them, take off Acura ones, stick on
> Honda one....
>
>
>




It's just an effort to be "different".

Since Acura models are sold in most other parts of the world as Hondas,
swapping badges is also a way of pretending to others that you've got a
foreign model, which I guess is supposed to be a status symbol.



--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11 Apr 2007, 05:29 pm
Jim Yanik
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Re-badge ?

"firewolf" <firewolf@mailinator.com> wrote in
news:131qc7ioebit66@corp.supernews.com:

> Why would some people re-badge an Acura to Honda ?????
>
> I mean what is the "logic" in these peoples brain to cause them to go
> thru the trouble of
> seeking out Honda badges, buy them, take off Acura ones, stick on
> Honda one....
>
>
>


They aren't "buying" them,either;I had the "ACURA" name and badge peeled
off my Integra by thieves,but the first to go was the VTEC tag.
The cost was $25 and $45 for new ones. I filled in the holes and like that
better. I hate chrome badges;they are a PITA to wax around.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11 Apr 2007, 05:39 pm
firewolf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Re-badge ?


BTW, it seems to me most of these people are kids, like under 20
I'd be surprised to hear people over like 30 still doing this uh mod


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11 Apr 2007, 05:41 pm
firewolf
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Re-badge ?


"Jim Yanik"
> They aren't "buying" them,either;I had the "ACURA" name and badge peeled
> off my Integra by thieves,but the first to go was the VTEC tag.


LOL, you think they put the Acura badges on an Civic or something ?


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11 Apr 2007, 07:28 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Re-badge ?

Jim Yanik <jyanik@abuse.gov> wrote in
news:Xns990FB20BFD101jyanikkuanet@64.209.0.84:

> "firewolf" <firewolf@mailinator.com> wrote in
> news:131qc7ioebit66@corp.supernews.com:
>
>> Why would some people re-badge an Acura to Honda ?????
>>
>> I mean what is the "logic" in these peoples brain to cause them to go
>> thru the trouble of
>> seeking out Honda badges, buy them, take off Acura ones, stick on
>> Honda one....
>>
>>
>>

>
> They aren't "buying" them,either;I had the "ACURA" name and badge
> peeled off my Integra by thieves,




I lost my front Acura logo a few years ago.

The bastard tried to knife the rear one off first, but all he managed to do
was scratch the paint. He scratched up the paint on the hood too, but
managed to get the logo off. Asshole.

It was $50 Cdn for a new one.




--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12 Apr 2007, 10:39 am
Jim Yanik
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Re-badge ?

Tegger <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in
news:Xns990FB0EFE7BF9tegger@207.14.116.130:

> "firewolf" <firewolf@mailinator.com> wrote in
> news:131qc7ioebit66@corp.supernews.com:
>
>> Why would some people re-badge an Acura to Honda ?????
>>
>> I mean what is the "logic" in these peoples brain to cause them to go
>> thru the trouble of
>> seeking out Honda badges, buy them, take off Acura ones, stick on
>> Honda one....
>>
>>
>>

>
>
>
> It's just an effort to be "different".
>
> Since Acura models are sold in most other parts of the world as Hondas,
> swapping badges is also a way of pretending to others that you've got a
> foreign model, which I guess is supposed to be a status symbol.
>
>
>


Is there even an "Acura" namebrand in Japan?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12 Apr 2007, 02:26 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Re-badge ?

Jim Yanik <jyanik@abuse.gov> wrote in news:Xns99106C8A4274Fjyanikkuanet@
64.209.0.84:

> Tegger <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in
> news:Xns990FB0EFE7BF9tegger@207.14.116.130:
>
>> "firewolf" <firewolf@mailinator.com> wrote in
>> news:131qc7ioebit66@corp.supernews.com:
>>
>>> Why would some people re-badge an Acura to Honda ?????
>>>
>>> I mean what is the "logic" in these peoples brain to cause them to go
>>> thru the trouble of
>>> seeking out Honda badges, buy them, take off Acura ones, stick on
>>> Honda one....
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>
>>
>> It's just an effort to be "different".
>>
>> Since Acura models are sold in most other parts of the world as Hondas,
>> swapping badges is also a way of pretending to others that you've got a
>> foreign model, which I guess is supposed to be a status symbol.
>>
>>
>>

>
> Is there even an "Acura" namebrand in Japan?
>




Yep. Besides Canada/US, it's the only other place on earth where the
"Acura" brand is sold.


--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12 Apr 2007, 11:55 pm
sparta300
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Re-badge ?


"Tegger"
>
>
> Yep. Besides Canada/US, it's the only other place on earth where the
> "Acura" brand is sold.
>

China too, http://world.honda.com/news/2005/c050725.html


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 13 Apr 2007, 03:59 am
Bucky
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Why Re-badge ?

On Apr 11, 12:03 pm, "firewolf" <firew...@mailinator.com> wrote:
> Why would some people re-badge an Acura to Honda ?????


who knows. maybe they think the Honda logo looks better than Acura? I
do.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where can I buy Honda H Emblem Badge Red, Blue, Black, White, Yellow color? rcman005@yahoo.com Honda 3 0 16 Aug 2006 05:34 am
Honda H Emblem Badge Shop and Store Civic Accord Integra Acura Jazz Type-R S2000 rcman005@yahoo.com Honda 3 0 01 Aug 2006 05:18 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.