Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10 Apr 2007, 06:08 pm
derekpigeon1 via CarKB.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Wiper FAILURE 94 INTEGRA

Just jumped in my car today and tried to turn on the wipers...NO GO. The
fuse for the wipers/windows/washer is working because the washer and windows
still work. I can also hear a whirring/whining noise when I attempt to
operate the wipers. Is this a stripped gear in the assembly - or simply a
ruined motor? Where is the motor for the wipers? Any feedback would be
great. No wipers=No driving, not in this weather anyways.

--
Message posted via CarKB.com
http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/acura/200704/1

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10 Apr 2007, 09:36 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Wiper FAILURE 94 INTEGRA

"derekpigeon1 via CarKB.com" <u9232@uwe> wrote in
news:70836f8cdbd86@uwe:

> Just jumped in my car today and tried to turn on the wipers...NO GO.
> The fuse for the wipers/windows/washer is working because the washer
> and windows still work. I can also hear a whirring/whining noise when
> I attempt to operate the wipers. Is this a stripped gear in the
> assembly - or simply a ruined motor? Where is the motor for the
> wipers? Any feedback would be great. No wipers=No driving, not in
> this weather anyways.
>



Main linkage has popped off the wiper motor. The nylon bushing cup has worn
out.

Need to replace the link. Cannot obtain the cup separately.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11 Apr 2007, 09:41 am
derekpigeon1 via CarKB.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Wiper FAILURE 94 INTEGRA

You nailed it on the head. I took it upon myself to rip apart the cover at
the bottom of the windshield and discovered that this was the problem. Used
a bottle cap to hold it together for now...lol. Whatever it takes. I'll
keep an eye open at the wreckers. Thanks.
Tegger wrote:
>> Just jumped in my car today and tried to turn on the wipers...NO GO.
>> The fuse for the wipers/windows/washer is working because the washer

>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>> wipers? Any feedback would be great. No wipers=No driving, not in
>> this weather anyways.

>
>Main linkage has popped off the wiper motor. The nylon bushing cup has worn
>out.
>
>Need to replace the link. Cannot obtain the cup separately.
>


--
Message posted via http://www.carkb.com

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11 Apr 2007, 11:35 am
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Wiper FAILURE 94 INTEGRA

"derekpigeon1 via CarKB.com" <u9232@uwe> wrote in
news:708b94132843a@uwe:

> Tegger wrote:
>>> Just jumped in my car today and tried to turn on the wipers...NO GO.
>>> The fuse for the wipers/windows/washer is working because the washer

>>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>>> wipers? Any feedback would be great. No wipers=No driving, not in
>>> this weather anyways.

>>
>>Main linkage has popped off the wiper motor. The nylon bushing cup has
>>worn out.
>>
>>Need to replace the link. Cannot obtain the cup separately.
>>

>
>
> You nailed it on the head. I took it upon myself to rip apart the
> cover at the bottom of the windshield and discovered that this was the
> problem. Used a bottle cap to hold it together for now...lol.
> Whatever it takes. I'll keep an eye open at the wreckers. Thanks.




Don't use a link from a wreck. It'll be half worn-out already. Buy a new
one. They're only about $30 or so at the dealer.



--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Integra Defroster Failure Harold Adrian Russell Philby Honda 2 2 09 Dec 2004 11:25 am
Integra Emissions Failure Dkakd Honda 3 13 08 Nov 2004 04:14 am
Integra rear washer failure Misterg16 Acura 2 11 Sep 2004 08:13 pm
97 Integra key stuck then starting failure Jony Honda 3 1 28 Aug 2003 11:06 pm
97 Integra key stuck then starting failure Jony Acura 1 28 Aug 2003 01:33 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.