Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 31 Dec 2007, 11:38 am
finding z0
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Hey Teggar, our 91 Integra woke me up last night...sorta.. Horn wentoff w/o by itself at midnight.

We were up, barely. Steady blare. I went outside and disconnected the
battery after fumbling for the right rachet bit in the dark and cold.
I think I've lost the rest of whats' left of my hearing. After
listening to the 'Car Guys' (NPR, USA) for 75 yrs., the term horn
relay sticks in my brain. This happens alot with car stuff. The car
wouldn't start while the horn was a'blaring. Haven't tried it yet
today. Easy fix? Cheers and HNY!!
This morn I reconnected the battery ground (neg) and started the car w/
o a hitch (problem)...?
I couldn't find a fuse that said 'horn."
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 31 Dec 2007, 01:08 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hey Teggar, our 91 Integra woke me up last night...sorta.. Horn went off w/o by itself at midnight.

finding z0 <jsk2@excite.com> wrote in
news:873879c3-9328-464c-aac6-dafe5e47112e@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

> We were up, barely. Steady blare. I went outside and disconnected the
> battery after fumbling for the right rachet bit in the dark and cold.
> I think I've lost the rest of whats' left of my hearing. After
> listening to the 'Car Guys' (NPR, USA) for 75 yrs., the term horn
> relay sticks in my brain. This happens alot with car stuff. The car
> wouldn't start while the horn was a'blaring. Haven't tried it yet
> today. Easy fix? Cheers and HNY!!
> This morn I reconnected the battery ground (neg) and started the car
> w/ o a hitch (problem)...?
> I couldn't find a fuse that said 'horn."
>



<added correct crossposting>

I normally scold people for multiposting, but I'm just getting over a
bad bout of flu and am too tired for that.

I quote below what I said in reply to your identical message in the
other group:

"This particular vehicle has no horn relay (no kidding).

"The horns in the 2nd gen Integra are always hot, with ground being
normally supplied by closing the horn switch in the steering wheel hub.

"The horns are located behind the outside ends of the front bumper,
meaning they can get good and wet and salty, especially if the splash
shields are torn or missing.

"If your horns are going off by themselves, chances are pretty good the
electrical connector at one of the horns is shorting out due to
corrosion."

I should also add that if the horns happen to dry out enough, they may stop
shorting long enough to resume proper operation until they get wet again.



--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 31 Dec 2007, 01:08 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hey Teggar, our 91 Integra woke me up last night...sorta.. Horn went off w/o by itself at midnight.

finding z0 <jsk2@excite.com> wrote in
news:873879c3-9328-464c-aac6-dafe5e47112e@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

> We were up, barely. Steady blare. I went outside and disconnected the
> battery after fumbling for the right rachet bit in the dark and cold.
> I think I've lost the rest of whats' left of my hearing. After
> listening to the 'Car Guys' (NPR, USA) for 75 yrs., the term horn
> relay sticks in my brain. This happens alot with car stuff. The car
> wouldn't start while the horn was a'blaring. Haven't tried it yet
> today. Easy fix? Cheers and HNY!!
> This morn I reconnected the battery ground (neg) and started the car
> w/ o a hitch (problem)...?
> I couldn't find a fuse that said 'horn."
>



<added correct crossposting>

I normally scold people for multiposting, but I'm just getting over a
bad bout of flu and am too tired for that.

I quote below what I said in reply to your identical message in the
other group:

"This particular vehicle has no horn relay (no kidding).

"The horns in the 2nd gen Integra are always hot, with ground being
normally supplied by closing the horn switch in the steering wheel hub.

"The horns are located behind the outside ends of the front bumper,
meaning they can get good and wet and salty, especially if the splash
shields are torn or missing.

"If your horns are going off by themselves, chances are pretty good the
electrical connector at one of the horns is shorting out due to
corrosion."

I should also add that if the horns happen to dry out enough, they may stop
shorting long enough to resume proper operation until they get wet again.



--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 31 Dec 2007, 01:25 pm
finding z0
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hey Teggar, our 91 Integra woke me up last night...sorta.. Hornwent off w/o by itself at midnight.

On Dec 31, 2:08 pm, Tegger <teg...@tegger.c0m> wrote:
> finding z0 <j...@excite.com> wrote innews:873879c3-9328-464c-aac6-dafe5e47112e@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com:
>
> > We were up, barely. Steady blare. I went outside and disconnected the
> > battery after fumbling for the right rachet bit in the dark and cold.
> > I think I've lost the rest of whats' left of my hearing. After
> > listening to the 'Car Guys' (NPR, USA) for 75 yrs., the term horn
> > relay sticks in my brain. This happens alot with car stuff. The car
> > wouldn't start while the horn was a'blaring. Haven't tried it yet
> > today. Easy fix? Cheers and HNY!!
> > This morn I reconnected the battery ground (neg) and started the car
> > w/ o a hitch (problem)...?
> > I couldn't find a fuse that said 'horn."

>
> <added correct crossposting>
>
> I normally scold people for multiposting, but I'm just getting over a
> bad bout of flu and am too tired for that.
>
> I quote below what I said in reply to your identical message in the
> other group:
>
> "This particular vehicle has no horn relay (no kidding).
>
> "The horns in the 2nd gen Integra are always hot, with ground being
> normally supplied by closing the horn switch in the steering wheel hub.
>
> "The horns are located behind the outside ends of the front bumper,
> meaning they can get good and wet and salty, especially if the splash
> shields are torn or missing.
>
> "If your horns are going off by themselves, chances are pretty good the
> electrical connector at one of the horns is shorting out due to
> corrosion."
>
> I should also add that if the horns happen to dry out enough, they may stop
> shorting long enough to resume proper operation until they get wet again.
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQwww.tegger.com/hondafaq/


I thought I was posting here, but I posted to alt.honda by mistake. So
I put t here as well.
What's wrong with posting to similar groups to get more eyes on the
problem?
Thanks for the info T. I've found your info useful in the past when
replacing alternator brushes on the Integrar....
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 31 Dec 2007, 01:25 pm
finding z0
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hey Teggar, our 91 Integra woke me up last night...sorta.. Hornwent off w/o by itself at midnight.

On Dec 31, 2:08 pm, Tegger <teg...@tegger.c0m> wrote:
> finding z0 <j...@excite.com> wrote innews:873879c3-9328-464c-aac6-dafe5e47112e@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com:
>
> > We were up, barely. Steady blare. I went outside and disconnected the
> > battery after fumbling for the right rachet bit in the dark and cold.
> > I think I've lost the rest of whats' left of my hearing. After
> > listening to the 'Car Guys' (NPR, USA) for 75 yrs., the term horn
> > relay sticks in my brain. This happens alot with car stuff. The car
> > wouldn't start while the horn was a'blaring. Haven't tried it yet
> > today. Easy fix? Cheers and HNY!!
> > This morn I reconnected the battery ground (neg) and started the car
> > w/ o a hitch (problem)...?
> > I couldn't find a fuse that said 'horn."

>
> <added correct crossposting>
>
> I normally scold people for multiposting, but I'm just getting over a
> bad bout of flu and am too tired for that.
>
> I quote below what I said in reply to your identical message in the
> other group:
>
> "This particular vehicle has no horn relay (no kidding).
>
> "The horns in the 2nd gen Integra are always hot, with ground being
> normally supplied by closing the horn switch in the steering wheel hub.
>
> "The horns are located behind the outside ends of the front bumper,
> meaning they can get good and wet and salty, especially if the splash
> shields are torn or missing.
>
> "If your horns are going off by themselves, chances are pretty good the
> electrical connector at one of the horns is shorting out due to
> corrosion."
>
> I should also add that if the horns happen to dry out enough, they may stop
> shorting long enough to resume proper operation until they get wet again.
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQwww.tegger.com/hondafaq/


I thought I was posting here, but I posted to alt.honda by mistake. So
I put t here as well.
What's wrong with posting to similar groups to get more eyes on the
problem?
Thanks for the info T. I've found your info useful in the past when
replacing alternator brushes on the Integrar....
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 31 Dec 2007, 02:11 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Hey Teggar, our 91 Integra woke me up last night...sorta.. Horn wentoff w/o by itself at midnight.

finding z0 <jsk2@excite.com> wrote in
news:e426852b-bdf7-49d4-a830-f9f656d4a020@l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:


> What's wrong with posting to similar groups to get more eyes on the
> problem?



Nothing at all. But if you post independent messages rather than
crossposting, readers in one group won't see the replies in the other
group(s), so you'll get /fewer/ eyes on the problem.


> Thanks for the info T.



Hope it helps.



--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 31 Dec 2007, 02:11 pm
Tegger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Hey Teggar, our 91 Integra woke me up last night...sorta.. Horn went off w/o by itself at midnight.

finding z0 <jsk2@excite.com> wrote in
news:e426852b-bdf7-49d4-a830-f9f656d4a020@l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:


> What's wrong with posting to similar groups to get more eyes on the
> problem?



Nothing at all. But if you post independent messages rather than
crossposting, readers in one group won't see the replies in the other
group(s), so you'll get /fewer/ eyes on the problem.


> Thanks for the info T.



Hope it helps.



--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last night (midnight) the horn went off on its own (1991 (Integra GS163K) finding z0 Honda 2 3 31 Dec 2007 01:03 pm
Ping: Elle, Michael, Teggar... Grumpy AuContraire Honda 3 24 08 Jun 2006 07:20 pm
Where Is The Horn On A 1990 Acura Integra???? booo Acura 2 24 Aug 2005 01:54 pm
1990 Integra: Horn Dies under Low Idle dkakd@aol.com Acura 1 19 Jul 2005 06:56 pm
Bump in the night kgm Honda 2 1 02 Jun 2004 01:39 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.