Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 Oct 2007, 01:29 pm
rbuck58@gmail.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Door Noise '06 TL

I have had a creaking/rubbing noise coming from both front doors since
the day I bought my car. Aside from replacing the doors they have
literally rebuilt them and the noise has yet to go away. Acura
corporate has told me that this is a "design flaw" in the '06 TL's and
they dont have a fix for it.

Any other 06-07 owners having the same issue?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24 Oct 2007, 02:26 pm
RW
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Door Noise '06 TL

On Oct 24, 2:29 pm, rbuc...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have had a creaking/rubbing noise coming from both front doors since
> the day I bought my car. Aside from replacing the doors they have
> literally rebuilt them and the noise has yet to go away. Acura
> corporate has told me that this is a "design flaw" in the '06 TL's and
> they dont have a fix for it.
>
> Any other 06-07 owners having the same issue?


is it coming from around the top where the window meets the door?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 24 Oct 2007, 07:19 pm
NoMoreRGS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Door Noise '06 TL

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:26:20 -0000, RW <rowersdad9@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 24, 2:29 pm, rbuc...@gmail.com wrote:
>> I have had a creaking/rubbing noise coming from both front doors since
>> the day I bought my car. Aside from replacing the doors they have
>> literally rebuilt them and the noise has yet to go away. Acura
>> corporate has told me that this is a "design flaw" in the '06 TL's and
>> they dont have a fix for it.
>>
>> Any other 06-07 owners having the same issue?

>
>is it coming from around the top where the window meets the door?


Or is it possibly the door seal? I believe some people are having
this problem. Not sure of the fix but think it could be silicone
lubricant applied to the seal.

Here's a great TL site to search/join for lots of info and very
helpful members:
http://tl.acurazine.com

Could this be the problem?
http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84527

I think I would try some of the new spray wax/polishes that can be
applied to rubber (does not turn white) before trying silicone that
might end up on a painted surface. I had a bad experience spraying
silicone lubricant on a noisy lower dash panel (1979 Sunbird). As
excess silicone ran down the outside of the panel it took the paint
off. It was close to the door jamb so my paint touch was not very
noticeable.

I would guess there is probably a product made just to keep rubber
seals in good condition.

Good luck and let us know when and how you solve the problem.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26 Oct 2007, 02:58 am
akheel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Door Noise '06 TL

NoMoreRGS <NoMoreRGS@SGReroMoN.com> wrote in
news:3fmvh3dc7paf7itrbb346m7ft2fbdod960@4ax.com:

> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:26:20 -0000, RW <rowersdad9@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Oct 24, 2:29 pm, rbuc...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I have had a creaking/rubbing noise coming from both front doors

since
>>> the day I bought my car. Aside from replacing the doors they have
>>> literally rebuilt them and the noise has yet to go away. Acura
>>> corporate has told me that this is a "design flaw" in the '06 TL's

and
>>> they dont have a fix for it.
>>>
>>> Any other 06-07 owners having the same issue?

>>
>>is it coming from around the top where the window meets the door?

>
> Or is it possibly the door seal? I believe some people are having
> this problem. Not sure of the fix but think it could be silicone
> lubricant applied to the seal.
>
> Here's a great TL site to search/join for lots of info and very
> helpful members:
> http://tl.acurazine.com
>
> Could this be the problem?
> http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84527
>
> I think I would try some of the new spray wax/polishes that can be
> applied to rubber (does not turn white) before trying silicone that
> might end up on a painted surface. I had a bad experience spraying
> silicone lubricant on a noisy lower dash panel (1979 Sunbird). As
> excess silicone ran down the outside of the panel it took the paint
> off. It was close to the door jamb so my paint touch was not very
> noticeable.
>
> I would guess there is probably a product made just to keep rubber
> seals in good condition.
>
> Good luck and let us know when and how you solve the problem.
>
>


I have an 05 TL and the doors are noisey. I used Meguiars Vinyl
Protectant on the door seals. Quieted them way down.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Door lock making noise harizvi@gmail.com Honda 3 1 09 May 2005 01:56 pm
95 Accord - Auto Door Lock Buzzing Noise? Help Jef Atkinson Honda 2 4 18 Aug 2004 11:06 am
Odyssey Sliding Door Noise Phyl/Ron Johnson Honda 2 3 22 Jun 2004 04:14 pm
2000 Odyssey door noise J_Ketter Honda 3 2 09 Feb 2004 06:15 pm
flapping/clonking noise from somewhere around drivers side door Please Help! brent Honda 3 1 09 Feb 2004 12:34 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.