Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 21 Feb 2006, 11:25 pm
D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default strange hum

2002 Acura TL T-S

I have a strange hum when I start to drive the car for the first time after
it has been siting. Mainly happens when I turn left. There are typically
two short hum sounds. any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 28 Feb 2006, 06:00 am
Chris
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: strange hum

I have a 2001 Honda CR-V and the same thing started happening only on
hard left turns. It turned out the be the rear axle. After taking it
back to the dealer they rebalanced it and I haven't had the problem
since.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 28 Feb 2006, 10:59 pm
D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: strange hum

Its strange though. It only happens for a short time and never happens
again regardless of the turns. It sounds almost like something is running.


"Chris" <cjl72411@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1141128037.999522.272940@v46g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
>I have a 2001 Honda CR-V and the same thing started happening only on
> hard left turns. It turned out the be the rear axle. After taking it
> back to the dealer they rebalanced it and I haven't had the problem
> since.
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04 Mar 2006, 04:42 pm
Reginald Patton
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: strange hum

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:59:14 -0800, "D" <damonighetti@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Its strange though. It only happens for a short time and never happens
>again regardless of the turns. It sounds almost like something is running.
>
>
>"Chris" <cjl72411@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:1141128037.999522.272940@v46g2000cwv.googleg roups.com...
>>I have a 2001 Honda CR-V and the same thing started happening only on
>> hard left turns. It turned out the be the rear axle. After taking it
>> back to the dealer they rebalanced it and I haven't had the problem
>> since.
>>

>

That sounds like the ABS system pressurizing.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07 Mar 2006, 10:44 pm
D
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: strange hum

Reginald,

Thanks, that is exactly what it was. I took it into the dealer and they
said it was the ABS modulator. That its nothing to worry about. I just
didnt rember hearing it in other cars I test drove, but I may have been
mistaken.

Thanks,
Dan

"Reginald Patton" <rnpatton@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:5o4k02tdohinp09aaqdt4dk75setifeioh@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:59:14 -0800, "D" <damonighetti@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Its strange though. It only happens for a short time and never happens
>>again regardless of the turns. It sounds almost like something is
>>running.
>>
>>
>>"Chris" <cjl72411@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:1141128037.999522.272940@v46g2000cwv.google groups.com...
>>>I have a 2001 Honda CR-V and the same thing started happening only on
>>> hard left turns. It turned out the be the rear axle. After taking it
>>> back to the dealer they rebalanced it and I haven't had the problem
>>> since.
>>>

>>

> That sounds like the ABS system pressurizing.



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strange noise Bruno Acura 4 15 Jul 2004 09:11 pm
heres a strange one DGB Honda 2 7 27 Feb 2004 07:02 pm
strange problem... Daniel Hollister Honda 2 1 09 Nov 2003 09:23 pm
Strange noise from my del sol? be Honda 3 2 12 Sep 2003 03:28 pm
Strange noise on Pilot WEC Honda 2 1 22 Jul 2003 09:23 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.