Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 15 Feb 2006, 08:21 pm
klara
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Back from Bodyshop: Residual Chemical Odor

Got my car back from 3-day work at bodyshop.
It was just a fenderbender....so no interior work needed.
Not sure what the odor is really from, paint or glue or whatever.

But how come the chemical odor (glue mostly I think) is so strong
inside the cabin ?
Dont then tape and cover up the rest of the car and expose only the
area they work on ?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 16 Feb 2006, 01:10 am
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Back from Bodyshop: Residual Chemical Odor

"klara" <klabu76@gmail.com> wrote in
news:1140056475.475783.14780@o13g2000cwo.googlegro ups.com:

> Got my car back from 3-day work at bodyshop.
> It was just a fenderbender....so no interior work needed.
> Not sure what the odor is really from, paint or glue or whatever.
>
> But how come the chemical odor (glue mostly I think) is so strong
> inside the cabin ?
> Dont then tape and cover up the rest of the car and expose only the
> area they work on ?
>
>



They use any fiberglass on the body? That's the usual source of such strong
odors.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 16 Feb 2006, 11:13 am
klara
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Back from Bodyshop: Residual Chemical Odor

you mean like fiberglass hood ? that'd be custom right ?
no, no fg
just for this damage:
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=91165845&size=o

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 16 Feb 2006, 12:49 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Back from Bodyshop: Residual Chemical Odor

"klara" <klabu76@gmail.com> wrote in
news:1140110017.111395.36410@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com:

> you mean like fiberglass hood ? that'd be custom right ?
> no, no fg
> just for this damage:
> http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=91165845&size=o
>
>



No, not a fiberglass hood, just the shop using fiberglass for some of their
repairs.

Fiberglass resins stink to high heaven. A car sitting in the shop for a
while can't help but take on the smell even if no glass was used in the
repairs on that particular car.

Give it a few weeks. The smell will probably go away of its own accord.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 16 Feb 2006, 02:35 pm
Dean Dark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Back from Bodyshop: Residual Chemical Odor

On 16 Feb 2006 18:49:34 GMT, "TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote:

>The smell will probably go away of its own accord.


Would its Accord be the US Accord, or the Euro Accord?

:-)
--
Dan.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 16 Feb 2006, 03:59 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Back from Bodyshop: Residual Chemical Odor

Dean Dark <ddrake@comcast.notthis.net> wrote in
news:4eo9v1tvjpomt4blbv09lcp665mdqpribl@4ax.com:

> On 16 Feb 2006 18:49:34 GMT, "TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote:
>
>>The smell will probably go away of its own accord.

>
> Would its Accord be the US Accord, or the Euro Accord?
>




The smellier of the two.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Bent control arms? I think the bodyshop is trying to rip me off... Bruce Honda 3 7 25 Jan 2006 11:52 am
Odor of gas? ? ? Ray Honda 1 2 04 Feb 2005 04:17 pm
TSX lease: has residual rates changed? Captain Frank Acura 1 08 Oct 2003 08:52 pm
__ Any chemical to clean / protect CV boots ? ? 'Curly Q. Links' Honda 2 35 18 Aug 2003 10:20 pm
__ Any chemical to clean / protect CV boots ? ? 'Curly Q. Links' Honda 3 37 18 Aug 2003 10:20 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.