Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jan 2006, 01:25 pm
finding z0
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default '91 integra rotors. Are they easy to replace?

I want to replace them, but was told if they are machined, they need to
be machined on the car. Does this mean they are difficult to remove if
replacing them?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jan 2006, 02:30 pm
finding z0
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '91 integra rotors. Are they easy to replace?

guess i found my answer on Tegger's site. Cheers

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jan 2006, 07:32 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '91 integra rotors. Are they easy to replace?

"finding z0" <jsk2@excite.com> wrote in
news:1137522326.528002.244230@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com:

> I want to replace them, but was told if they are machined, they need to
> be machined on the car. Does this mean they are difficult to remove if
> replacing them?
>



They can be difficult to remove if rusted in place. There is a solution if
they are, though.

And NO you do NOT need to machine them in place. However... you DO need to
be 100% certain tthat the hub and rotor are 1,000,000% free of rust and
grit.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 19 Jan 2006, 11:15 pm
Acura God
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '91 integra rotors. Are they easy to replace?

Machining them on the car is the BEST way to do it. This will compensate for
any imperfections in the hub/bearing assembly. But Tegger is right, it is
not an absolute necessity. BTW Tegger, I read alot of posts but do not
always answer them and I just want to say that you do a very good job of
leading people in the right direction. I do not have alot of time to play on
here as I am usually working on an Acura of some sort! It is good that
someone like you has the time and know how to keep people informed. If you
ever need any technical stuff just let me know as I have access to alot of
it!! Just my 2 cents worth.

David Short
Acura God

"TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
news:Xns974EC6FCD2E76tegger@207.14.113.17...
> "finding z0" <jsk2@excite.com> wrote in
> news:1137522326.528002.244230@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com:
>
>> I want to replace them, but was told if they are machined, they need to
>> be machined on the car. Does this mean they are difficult to remove if
>> replacing them?
>>

>
>
> They can be difficult to remove if rusted in place. There is a solution if
> they are, though.
>
> And NO you do NOT need to machine them in place. However... you DO need to
> be 100% certain tthat the hub and rotor are 1,000,000% free of rust and
> grit.
>
> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 20 Jan 2006, 08:29 am
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '91 integra rotors. Are they easy to replace?

"Acura God" <shortinc@insightbb.com> wrote in
news:atZzf.719238$_o.550199@attbi_s71:

> Machining them on the car is the BEST way to do it. This will
> compensate for any imperfections in the hub/bearing assembly.




Yes, and it's a lot more expensive. Much more, certainly, than removing the
discs yourself and bringing them to a shop. My local Acura dealer only does
rotors on-the-car with new cars that are having the work done under
warranty.



> But
> Tegger is right, it is not an absolute necessity. BTW Tegger, I read
> alot of posts but do not always answer them and I just want to say
> that you do a very good job of leading people in the right direction.



I try.


> I do not have alot of time to play on here as I am usually working on
> an Acura of some sort! It is good that someone like you has the time
> and know how to keep people informed. If you ever need any technical
> stuff just let me know as I have access to alot of it!!




That would be nice.

I wish Honda had something like Toyota's Techinfo site, where you can
download everything from TSBs to full shop manuals for a fee.
http://techinfo.toyota.com

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 20 Jan 2006, 08:51 am
finding z0
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '91 integra rotors. Are they easy to replace?

Tegger is a great resource. All hail Tegger!

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 21 Jan 2006, 09:33 pm
Acura God
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: '91 integra rotors. Are they easy to replace?


"TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
news:Xns975156AFC7893tegger@207.14.113.17...
> "Acura God" <shortinc@insightbb.com> wrote in
> news:atZzf.719238$_o.550199@attbi_s71:
>
>> Machining them on the car is the BEST way to do it. This will
>> compensate for any imperfections in the hub/bearing assembly.

>
>
>
> Yes, and it's a lot more expensive. Much more, certainly, than removing
> the
> discs yourself and bringing them to a shop. My local Acura dealer only
> does
> rotors on-the-car with new cars that are having the work done under
> warranty.
>
>
>
>> But
>> Tegger is right, it is not an absolute necessity. BTW Tegger, I read
>> alot of posts but do not always answer them and I just want to say
>> that you do a very good job of leading people in the right direction.

>
>
> I try.
>
>
>> I do not have alot of time to play on here as I am usually working on
>> an Acura of some sort! It is good that someone like you has the time
>> and know how to keep people informed. If you ever need any technical
>> stuff just let me know as I have access to alot of it!!

>
>
>
> That would be nice.
>
> I wish Honda had something like Toyota's Techinfo site, where you can
> download everything from TSBs to full shop manuals for a fee.


Honda is very tight lipped about everything!!!!

David Short
Acura God




> http://techinfo.toyota.com
>
> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 23 Feb 2006, 06:32 pm
donn7737
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 98 integra need to replace lug studs any help ???

need help on replacing lug studs

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 23 Feb 2006, 07:54 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 98 integra need to replace lug studs any help ???

"donn7737" <donblueyes77@aol.com> wrote in
news:8bf619f0cf08a48c97ecc6488aad739e@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com:

> need help on replacing lug studs
>
>




You overtighten them then break one off?

Hammer the remains towards the hub until it falls out. Insert new one from
rear, put nut on it and tighten until it's pulled all the way on.

New one won't fit behind the hub? Then you need to remove the hub from the
car. On the fronts, this requires a 20-ton press. On the rears, usually
requires a 600 lb. impact wrench to get the center nut free.

Finally: Your lug nuts only require 80 lbs of torque. Standing on the
wrench to tighten them is overkill. You don't need 200 lbs on them.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it easy to replace the CRV stabilizer link set tedqn@yahoo.com Honda 2 1 02 Apr 2007 12:21 pm
98 3.2 TL How easy to remove the rear brake rotors ? phil Honda 2 0 07 Jul 2005 09:16 am
How easy to replace starter on 1998 3.2 TL ? phil Acura 0 16 Dec 2004 10:36 am
How easy to replace starter on 1999 3.2 TL ? phil Acura 0 16 Dec 2004 10:11 am
I got new rotors, should I replace pads? Gabriel Afana Acura 11 10 Sep 2003 07:42 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.