Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07 Dec 2005, 01:43 am
mrkrl@aol.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 95 Integra LS Mileage question

I purchased a used 95 Integra LS last March, has an automatic with
120K, seems to be getting poor MPG's & with the frigid weather in
Illinois this past week it has only got worse.
According to Acura this model is supposed to get 25 city, 31 highway.

In summer driving I usually get 280-290 miles with a fill up, winter
driving I'm only getting 250-260 on a full tank. I changed the plugs a
few weeks ago & the air filter isn't that old, I'm not very good with
cars but I thought post a message here for advice before I bring it in.

Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07 Dec 2005, 06:34 am
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Integra LS Mileage question

<mrkrl@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1133941401.204692.193630@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
>I purchased a used 95 Integra LS last March, has an automatic with
> 120K, seems to be getting poor MPG's & with the frigid weather in
> Illinois this past week it has only got worse.
> According to Acura this model is supposed to get 25 city, 31 highway.
>
> In summer driving I usually get 280-290 miles with a fill up, winter
> driving I'm only getting 250-260 on a full tank. I changed the plugs a
> few weeks ago & the air filter isn't that old, I'm not very good with
> cars but I thought post a message here for advice before I bring it in.
>
> Thanks
>

More of a thought about something that often gets overlooked - if the
thermostat is staying open too much (sticky, weak, or whatever) the fuel
economy will drop like a rock and the cold weather hit is worse. Sometimes
that can be felt as a weak heater, but not always. If the thermostat has a
few years on it (especially if it is the original!) it should be changed the
next time the coolant is changed. I find OEM 'stats are often much more
stable than aftermarket ones in the cars I've had with temperature guages.

Mike


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07 Dec 2005, 09:58 am
mrkrl@aol.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Integra LS Mileage question

Well I have noticed that the needle on the temp guage never goes more
the a 1/4 of the way up from when it's started, even in summer driving
with the AC on.

I'll mention that to Acura when I take it in.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07 Dec 2005, 08:19 pm
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Integra LS Mileage question

<mrkrl@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1133971123.534967.85200@g44g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
> Well I have noticed that the needle on the temp guage never goes more
> the a 1/4 of the way up from when it's started, even in summer driving
> with the AC on.
>
> I'll mention that to Acura when I take it in.
>

My son says his '94 Integra runs around 1/3. It could make a difference (or
maybe not much).

Mike


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08 Dec 2005, 10:50 am
See signature for email address
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 95 Integra LS Mileage question

Michael Pardee <michaeltnull@cybertrails.com> wrote:
> <mrkrl@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:1133971123.534967.85200@g44g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
> > Well I have noticed that the needle on the temp guage never goes more
> > the a 1/4 of the way up from when it's started, even in summer driving
> > with the AC on.
> >
> > I'll mention that to Acura when I take it in.
> >

> My son says his '94 Integra runs around 1/3. It could make a difference (or
> maybe not much).


> Mike


My '94 Integra also stays around 1/3 with A/C on during summer. I have
very rarely seen it go close to 1/2. During winter, it can take a long
time before it reaches 1/4 even. I still get around 26 mpg in the city
(with oxygenated fuel) and 33-35 on the highway.

================================================== ==================
Khalid
khalid AT gonehiking DOT org
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1995 LS Integra Cold Weather Mileage Question mrkrl@aol.com Honda 3 4 21 Dec 2005 03:26 pm
question on accords mileage dufffman@gmail.com Honda 3 13 20 Oct 2005 08:59 pm
Gas mileage question Elroy Honda 2 5 08 Oct 2005 01:20 pm
Gas mileage question Elroy Honda 3 5 08 Oct 2005 01:20 pm
1991 Integra: Interesting mileage figures Tegger® Honda 3 3 06 Apr 2004 06:36 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.