Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 31 Oct 2005, 09:34 pm
jumpshot
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default TSX BACK WINDOW NOISE

Can anyone out there with a TSX tell me if their ears heart after driving
with just one back window down and no other's. jumpshot101@mail.com

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 31 Oct 2005, 10:36 pm
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: TSX BACK WINDOW NOISE

"jumpshot" <jumpshot101@mail.com> wrote in message
news:c5203dd0bf611be574e41e7b3eb4fd21@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com...
> Can anyone out there with a TSX tell me if their ears heart after driving
> with just one back window down and no other's. jumpshot101@mail.com
>

It's a very common phenomenon - just about every sedan does it. It's called
"aeolian oscillation" - essentially, you are inside a big whistle!

Mike


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01 Nov 2005, 08:19 am
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: TSX BACK WINDOW NOISE

"Michael Pardee" <michaeltnull@cybertrails.com> wrote in
news:E4WdnXoKpKg5f_veRVn-ug@sedona.net:

> "jumpshot" <jumpshot101@mail.com> wrote in message
> news:c5203dd0bf611be574e41e7b3eb4fd21@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com...
>> Can anyone out there with a TSX tell me if their ears heart after
>> driving with just one back window down and no other's.
>> jumpshot101@mail.com
>>

> It's a very common phenomenon - just about every sedan does it. It's
> called "aeolian oscillation" - essentially, you are inside a big
> whistle!
>



Wow. "Aeolian oscillation". I'll have to use that one at a party one day.

This must explain the regular pulsation I get with the window down at
highway speeds when the wind is just right.


--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01 Nov 2005, 05:42 pm
Humma Kavula
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: TSX BACK WINDOW NOISE

On 1 Nov 2005 13:19:16 GMT, TeGGeR® let slip this dark secret:

>"Michael Pardee" <michaeltnull@cybertrails.com> wrote in
>news:E4WdnXoKpKg5f_veRVn-ug@sedona.net:
>
>> "jumpshot" <jumpshot101@mail.com> wrote in message
>> news:c5203dd0bf611be574e41e7b3eb4fd21@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com...
>>> Can anyone out there with a TSX tell me if their ears heart after
>>> driving with just one back window down and no other's.
>>> jumpshot101@mail.com
>>>

>> It's a very common phenomenon - just about every sedan does it. It's
>> called "aeolian oscillation" - essentially, you are inside a big
>> whistle!
>>

>
>
>Wow. "Aeolian oscillation". I'll have to use that one at a party one day.
>
>This must explain the regular pulsation I get with the window down at
>highway speeds when the wind is just right.


Use the sunroof.

--
"Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face."
- Confucious
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01 Nov 2005, 11:34 pm
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: TSX BACK WINDOW NOISE

Humma Kavula <hkavula@jatravartid.org> wrote in
news:dqrfm15ovnqs6dh7qh4b55henlcq0uqkbo@4ax.com:

> On 1 Nov 2005 13:19:16 GMT, TeGGeR® let slip this dark secret:
>
>>"Michael Pardee" <michaeltnull@cybertrails.com> wrote in
>>news:E4WdnXoKpKg5f_veRVn-ug@sedona.net:
>>
>>> "jumpshot" <jumpshot101@mail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:c5203dd0bf611be574e41e7b3eb4fd21@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com...
>>>> Can anyone out there with a TSX tell me if their ears heart after
>>>> driving with just one back window down and no other's.
>>>> jumpshot101@mail.com
>>>>
>>> It's a very common phenomenon - just about every sedan does it. It's
>>> called "aeolian oscillation" - essentially, you are inside a big
>>> whistle!
>>>

>>
>>
>>Wow. "Aeolian oscillation". I'll have to use that one at a party one day.
>>
>>This must explain the regular pulsation I get with the window down at
>>highway speeds when the wind is just right.

>
> Use the sunroof.




Don't have one.


--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02 Nov 2005, 06:25 pm
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: TSX BACK WINDOW NOISE

"TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
news:Xns9701EFE4B26B2tegger@207.14.113.17...
> Humma Kavula <hkavula@jatravartid.org> wrote in
> news:dqrfm15ovnqs6dh7qh4b55henlcq0uqkbo@4ax.com:
>
>> On 1 Nov 2005 13:19:16 GMT, TeGGeR® let slip this dark secret:
>>
>>>"Michael Pardee" <michaeltnull@cybertrails.com> wrote in
>>>news:E4WdnXoKpKg5f_veRVn-ug@sedona.net:
>>>
>>>> "jumpshot" <jumpshot101@mail.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:c5203dd0bf611be574e41e7b3eb4fd21@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com...
>>>>> Can anyone out there with a TSX tell me if their ears heart after
>>>>> driving with just one back window down and no other's.
>>>>> jumpshot101@mail.com
>>>>>
>>>> It's a very common phenomenon - just about every sedan does it. It's
>>>> called "aeolian oscillation" - essentially, you are inside a big
>>>> whistle!
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>Wow. "Aeolian oscillation". I'll have to use that one at a party one day.
>>>
>>>This must explain the regular pulsation I get with the window down at
>>>highway speeds when the wind is just right.

>>
>> Use the sunroof.

>
>
>
> Don't have one.
>
>
> --
> TeGGeR®
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/


We could add one at the party!

Mike


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04 Nov 2005, 09:37 am
TeGGeR®
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: TSX BACK WINDOW NOISE

"Michael Pardee" <michaeltnull@cybertrails.com> wrote in
news:PvCdnYAG9ddp1_TeRVn-rQ@sedona.net:

> "TeGGeR®" <tegger@tegger.c0m> wrote in message
> news:Xns9701EFE4B26B2tegger@207.14.113.17...
>> Humma Kavula <hkavula@jatravartid.org> wrote in
>> news:dqrfm15ovnqs6dh7qh4b55henlcq0uqkbo@4ax.com:
>>
>>> On 1 Nov 2005 13:19:16 GMT, TeGGeR® let slip this dark secret:
>>>
>>>>"Michael Pardee" <michaeltnull@cybertrails.com> wrote in
>>>>news:E4WdnXoKpKg5f_veRVn-ug@sedona.net:
>>>>
>>>>> "jumpshot" <jumpshot101@mail.com> wrote in message
>>>>> news:c5203dd0bf611be574e41e7b3eb4fd21@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com.
>>>>> ..
>>>>>> Can anyone out there with a TSX tell me if their ears heart after
>>>>>> driving with just one back window down and no other's.
>>>>>> jumpshot101@mail.com
>>>>>>
>>>>> It's a very common phenomenon - just about every sedan does it.
>>>>> It's called "aeolian oscillation" - essentially, you are inside a
>>>>> big whistle!
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Wow. "Aeolian oscillation". I'll have to use that one at a party one
>>>>day.
>>>>
>>>>This must explain the regular pulsation I get with the window down
>>>>at highway speeds when the wind is just right.
>>>
>>> Use the sunroof.

>>
>>
>>
>> Don't have one.
>>
>>
>> --
>> TeGGeR®
>>
>> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
>> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

>
> We could add one at the party!
>



A case of beer and a sawzall. Fun for the whole family!


--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The back window Brake light hamish Acura 5 16 Apr 2007 09:37 am
Question about Tinting the back window of an Accord R4O Honda 3 1 29 Nov 2005 09:59 pm
Weird noise from back wheel craw4d Honda 2 2 25 Mar 2005 11:30 pm
2000 Accord window noise rs Honda 3 1 04 Jul 2004 01:15 am
03 Accord window noise Gor Honda 3 1 13 Feb 2004 05:25 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.