Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11 Oct 2005, 12:45 am
Skip
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2006 TL

I am thinking about purchasing a 2006 TL. The only thing I dislike a lot is
the silver grill outline. Are there any aftermarket replacement peices
that will make the grill area all black, similar to my 2003 CL?

Skip


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 20 Oct 2005, 07:41 pm
stonehenge
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 TL

just purchased a 3.2 TL today,sure hope it lives up to my expectations,also
tried a lexus es330 and a bmw 3 series,thought the tl was by far the best
choice.
I am looking forward to a lot of years of happy motoring

"Skip" <strandbiker1@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:7vqdnQOqBPjo3tbeRVn-uw@adelphia.com...
>I am thinking about purchasing a 2006 TL. The only thing I dislike a lot
>is the silver grill outline. Are there any aftermarket replacement peices
>that will make the grill area all black, similar to my 2003 CL?
>
> Skip
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 20 Oct 2005, 07:59 pm
Humma Kavula
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 TL

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:41:44 -0400, stonehenge let slip this dark
secret:

>just purchased a 3.2 TL today,sure hope it lives up to my expectations,also
>tried a lexus es330 and a bmw 3 series,thought the tl was by far the best
>choice.
>I am looking forward to a lot of years of happy motoring


My 2001 is 5 years old and still drives better than many new cars.

--
"Sun worship is fairly simple. There's no mystery,
no miracles, no pageantry, no one asks for money,
there are no songs to learn, and we don't have a
special building where we all gather once a week
to compare clothing.
- George Carlin
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26 Oct 2005, 09:31 pm
stonehenge
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 TL

just brought our 2006 TL home today and my first impressions is ,this is one
awesome auto,had to go out tonight and drive this machine,it has nav and I
cannot operate everything, but it will come to me, I cannot keep my foot out
of the carb,just an absolutely smooth machine. I can not believe I have been
driving a camry for the last 10 years.

"Skip" <strandbiker1@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:7vqdnQOqBPjo3tbeRVn-uw@adelphia.com...
>I am thinking about purchasing a 2006 TL. The only thing I dislike a lot
>is the silver grill outline. Are there any aftermarket replacement peices
>that will make the grill area all black, similar to my 2003 CL?
>
> Skip
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 26 Oct 2005, 09:35 pm
Dean Dark
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 TL

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:31:27 -0400, "stonehenge"
<frcudd2@homexpressway.net> wrote:

>I cannot keep my foot out
>of the carb,


That's not a good idea, you'll bend the choke butterfly valve.
--
Dan.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 26 Oct 2005, 09:51 pm
Humma Kavula
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 TL

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:31:27 -0400, stonehenge let slip this dark
secret:

>I can not believe I have been
>driving a camry for the last 10 years.


Hahahahahahaha!

I went from a Solara to a TL. Screw Toyota!

--
"Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face."
- Confucious
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 26 Oct 2005, 10:59 pm
Skip
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 TL

I have a question regarding the horsepower of the 2006 TL. A recent Fortune
magazine ad listed the TL with 270 horsepower. The Acura Website shows 258
horsepower. Which source is correct?

I have a 2003 Cl Type S with 260 horsepower and sports suspension. Anyone
drive both car and compare performances. Also, what is the accuracy, in
feet, of the stock GPS. My Garmin GPS V is good to 7 feet.

TIA,

S


"Humma Kavula" <hkavula@jatravartid.org> wrote in message
news:ikc0m1leej4jvs69rd4g6k04r341mb31pg@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:31:27 -0400, stonehenge let slip this dark
> secret:
>
>>I can not believe I have been
>>driving a camry for the last 10 years.

>
> Hahahahahahaha!
>
> I went from a Solara to a TL. Screw Toyota!
>
> --
> "Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face."
> - Confucious



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 27 Oct 2005, 11:30 am
George in NY
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 TL

Interesting, I started to answer 27o hp but decided to look into it a little
further. Indeed the Acura website does say 258 hp. Went to specifications
and again 258 hp but there you will not an *. It appears that there is a new
ratings system hence the change in HP which I imagine now applies o all
cars.

* For 2006, Acura is complying with the new SAE standard for measuring
horsepower and torque. This new method slightly reduces a vehicle's
horsepower rating and torque due to more stringent testing procedures.

Very Interesting!

George in NY


"Skip" <strandbiker1@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:wOKdnccbq9o83_3eRVn-vQ@adelphia.com...
>I have a question regarding the horsepower of the 2006 TL. A recent
>Fortune magazine ad listed the TL with 270 horsepower. The Acura Website
>shows 258 horsepower. Which source is correct?
>



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 28 Oct 2005, 12:04 am
Skip
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 TL

George:

Thank you for verifying my questions. I thought I was crazy with both the
Fortune magazine ad and then looking on Acura's own website. I wonder, if
the calculating of horsepower is now different, then what the 2003 CL Type S
would be rated at, using the new formula.

Skip
"George in NY" <georgeny@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:jo68f.13813$%A1.4856@trndny01...
> Interesting, I started to answer 27o hp but decided to look into it a
> little further. Indeed the Acura website does say 258 hp. Went to
> specifications and again 258 hp but there you will not an *. It appears
> that there is a new ratings system hence the change in HP which I imagine
> now applies o all cars.
>
> * For 2006, Acura is complying with the new SAE standard for measuring
> horsepower and torque. This new method slightly reduces a vehicle's
> horsepower rating and torque due to more stringent testing procedures.
>
> Very Interesting!
>
> George in NY
>
>
> "Skip" <strandbiker1@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> news:wOKdnccbq9o83_3eRVn-vQ@adelphia.com...
>>I have a question regarding the horsepower of the 2006 TL. A recent
>>Fortune magazine ad listed the TL with 270 horsepower. The Acura Website
>>shows 258 horsepower. Which source is correct?
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 29 Oct 2005, 03:05 pm
karinhall
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 2006 TL


"Dean Dark" <ddrake@comcast.notthis.net> wrote in message news:4kb0m1l92ka90atm3b6quiha27aumavr4m@4ax.com...

> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:31:27 -0400, "stonehenge"
> <frcudd2@homexpressway.net> wrote:
>

>>I cannot keep my foot out
>>of the carb,

>
> That's not a good idea, you'll bend the choke butterfly valve.
> --
> Dan.


Carb? Car's got fuel injection!! :-P
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carsoft, BMW ETK V10.0 2006, MITCHELL1 ONDEMAND5 4 QTR 2006 ESTIMATOR, MITCHELL GLASSMATE V5.2, Winworks Autoshop, AUTOMOTIVE EXPERT, Alldata ServiceCenter v2006, 1 DVD, Mitchell [ 57 CDs ], years 2006 - 1983, Alldata 2006, [4 DVDs], [53 CDs], BMW, M ola@mail.gr Honda 3 1 13 Apr 2007 07:57 pm
GPS for 2006 CR-V Andy Dufresne Honda 2 4 23 Mar 2006 09:50 am
2006 TL Greg Schoolden Acura 0 18 Dec 2005 07:09 am
2006 EL Humma Kavula Acura 11 25 Oct 2005 11:12 pm
2006 RSX Joe Acura 6 16 Sep 2005 11:19 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.