Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 27 Sep 2005, 07:57 am
Mauricio Tavares
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 87 Acura Integra driveshaft nut size? And some thoughts on the torqueconverter

Does anyone know the size of the nut that holds the driveshaft to the
wheel in the 87 (ok, 86-89) Acura Integra? I am going to take the tranny
out and found out my 30mm socket (used in VWs) is way too tiny...

On another note, have any of you ever experiencing the starter gear (as
in flexplate scaled down to a ring welded to the torque converter at 6
points) breaking the above-mentioned welds so it now wobbles and cannot
get to the starter? If not, make a point not to. I am not even being
able to find a replacement... :P

--
Mauricio raub-kudria-com
(if you need to email me, use this address =)
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 27 Sep 2005, 09:03 am
jim beam
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 87 Acura Integra driveshaft nut size? And some thoughts on thetorque converter

Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> Does anyone know the size of the nut that holds the driveshaft to
> the wheel in the 87 (ok, 86-89) Acura Integra? I am going to take the
> tranny out and found out my 30mm socket (used in VWs) is way too tiny...


think it's the same as the later models - 32mm.

>
> On another note, have any of you ever experiencing the starter gear
> (as in flexplate scaled down to a ring welded to the torque converter at
> 6 points) breaking the above-mentioned welds so it now wobbles and
> cannot get to the starter? If not, make a point not to. I am not even
> being able to find a replacement... :P
>

it happens. get one from a junk yard or buy new. this vehicle is still
supported. acuraparts247.com. not cheap!

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 27 Sep 2005, 09:19 am
Mauricio Tavares
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 87 Acura Integra driveshaft nut size? And some thoughts on thetorque converter

jim beam wrote:
> Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know the size of the nut that holds the driveshaft to
>> the wheel in the 87 (ok, 86-89) Acura Integra? I am going to take the
>> tranny out and found out my 30mm socket (used in VWs) is way too tiny...

>
>
> think it's the same as the later models - 32mm.
>

Thanks! Sometime this afternoon I will be going to the parts shop and
getting an impact socket of that size. I draing the tranny and
disconnected the shifter and speedo cable and the cooler hoses
yesterday. Hopefully I will have the tranny out of the car today.

>>
>> On another note, have any of you ever experiencing the starter
>> gear (as in flexplate scaled down to a ring welded to the torque
>> converter at 6 points) breaking the above-mentioned welds so it now
>> wobbles and cannot get to the starter? If not, make a point not to. I
>> am not even being able to find a replacement... :P
>>

> it happens. get one from a junk yard or buy new. this vehicle is still
> supported. acuraparts247.com. not cheap!
>

Most definitively not cheap. Ouch! It is about as much as the car's
worth. I guess it is time for the used route...

--
Mauricio raub-kudria-com
(if you need to email me, use this address =)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
87 Acura Integra driveshaft nut size? And some thoughts on the torqueconverter Mauricio Tavares Honda 3 2 27 Sep 2005 09:19 am
Question on the '04/'05 Acura MDX DVD Player and general MDX thoughts theOne Acura 1 09 Dec 2004 07:32 pm
Driveshaft Stuck in Hub Chopface Honda 3 3 28 Sep 2004 07:51 am
Max size tires for 98 Integra GSR no22 Acura 1 16 Jul 2004 10:58 pm
Has my driveshaft gone? Zomaar Honda 2 0 15 Jul 2003 05:57 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.