Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 Sep 2005, 03:30 pm
Murph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Tire recomendations?

It's time to get 4 new tires for my 2004 TL. Any recomendations for the
Western NY area winters? I was leaning towards the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S
or Nokian WR's? Any thoughts?


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24 Sep 2005, 11:33 pm
Humma Kavula
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tire recomendations?

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:30:23 -0400, Murph let slip this dark secret:

>It's time to get 4 new tires for my 2004 TL. Any recomendations for the
>Western NY area winters? I was leaning towards the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S
>or Nokian WR's? Any thoughts?
>

Goodyear GW3.

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry
and been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 25 Sep 2005, 08:36 am
Lee Florack
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tire recomendations?

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:30:23 -0400, "Murph"
<mjmurphy@adelphia.net> wrote:

>It's time to get 4 new tires for my 2004 TL. Any recomendations for the
>Western NY area winters? I was leaning towards the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S
>or Nokian WR's? Any thoughts?


I'm in Hilton (near Rochester).....

I've recently mounted some 235/45-17 Pirelli PZero Nero M&S on my
2004 TL. Before that, I was running 235/45-17 Michelin Pilot
Sport A/S's. The Pirelli's are quieter and almost as good at dry
handling as the Michelins. The Michelins are exceptional handling
tires and great in the snow. The reason I went with the Pirellis
is to see if I could give up a little in handling to gain some
better wear (I got 24,000 miles with the Michelins -- but that
may have been somewhat due to the alignment), a little bit
quieter tire and not give up to much (hopefully) with winter
grip. I can't speak to the Pirelli's in the snow yet. We'll see.
If they don't give me the advantages I was looking for, I'll go
back to the A/S's as they were exceptional tires in sow, wet, and
dry.

Anyway, the Pirellis are pretty good so far but I miss the
exceptional handling of the Michelins (we'll see about the snow).
The $60 less per tire for the Pirelli's helped with the decision.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 25 Sep 2005, 01:31 pm
Murph
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tire recomendations?

I thought the Pirelli PZero Nero were summer only tires?


"Lee Florack" <lflorack@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
news:u76dj196ndv6f7h84b1d59e8dbi0brf3hr@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:30:23 -0400, "Murph"
> <mjmurphy@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>>It's time to get 4 new tires for my 2004 TL. Any recomendations for the
>>Western NY area winters? I was leaning towards the Michelin Pilot Sport
>>A/S
>>or Nokian WR's? Any thoughts?

>
> I'm in Hilton (near Rochester).....
>
> I've recently mounted some 235/45-17 Pirelli PZero Nero M&S on my
> 2004 TL. Before that, I was running 235/45-17 Michelin Pilot
> Sport A/S's. The Pirelli's are quieter and almost as good at dry
> handling as the Michelins. The Michelins are exceptional handling
> tires and great in the snow. The reason I went with the Pirellis
> is to see if I could give up a little in handling to gain some
> better wear (I got 24,000 miles with the Michelins -- but that
> may have been somewhat due to the alignment), a little bit
> quieter tire and not give up to much (hopefully) with winter
> grip. I can't speak to the Pirelli's in the snow yet. We'll see.
> If they don't give me the advantages I was looking for, I'll go
> back to the A/S's as they were exceptional tires in sow, wet, and
> dry.
>
> Anyway, the Pirellis are pretty good so far but I miss the
> exceptional handling of the Michelins (we'll see about the snow).
> The $60 less per tire for the Pirelli's helped with the decision.



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 25 Sep 2005, 02:09 pm
Curtis Newton
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tire recomendations?

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 13:31:32 -0400, "Murph" <mjmurphy@adelphia.net>
wrote:

>I thought the Pirelli PZero Nero were summer only tires?
>
>



I believe you are correct. TireRack puts them in the "maximum
performance summer" category .... list N/A for Winter traction.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 27 Sep 2005, 09:50 pm
Lee Florack
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tire recomendations?

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:09:32 -0600, Curtis Newton
<cnewton{delete-this}@akaMail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 13:31:32 -0400, "Murph" <mjmurphy@adelphia.net>
>wrote:
>
>>I thought the Pirelli PZero Nero were summer only tires?
>>
>>

>
>
>I believe you are correct. TireRack puts them in the "maximum
>performance summer" category .... list N/A for Winter traction.


Not the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S's -- which is what I bought. They
are Ultra High Performance All-Season Tires. See them here:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e1=yes&place=4

You're probably referring to the Pirelli PZero Rosso Asimmetrico
-- which ARE summer tires.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roof rack recomendations Earle Horton Honda 3 1 28 Jun 2007 03:39 pm
Canadian Tire couldn't diagnose a flat tire on a sunny day motsco_ Honda 3 9 06 Jan 2007 08:27 pm
v6 accord tire question, can I put 225R15 tire to my OEM wheel of 205/R15? mingsheep@hotmail.com Honda 3 0 03 Feb 2005 05:37 pm
Bummer - removed tire 1 wk after tire store put it on... snapped off the threads on one of the wheel studs KWW Honda 3 7 28 Sep 2004 08:14 pm
Integra tire recomendations Guest Acura 8 11 Oct 2003 01:52 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.