Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01 Dec 2004, 09:10 pm
shs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Motorola V551 phone and Acura TL, using bluetooth

Just got a new V551 phone (Cingular) and it works great, except that the
battery level indicator does not show up on the instrument panel, just the
signal strength indicator. Anyone else have a similar problem? Any
solutions?

2004 TL


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06 Dec 2004, 08:06 pm
kbstreet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Motorola V551 phone and Acura TL, using bluetooth

My V600 has never shown the battery indicator on my TL. I have had the
HandsFreeLink head unit replaced and have upgraded the software on the phone
and it still doesn't show.

I wouldn't worry about it. It has no effect on how you use it.

"shs" <shs111@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:ZNOdnehI4qbi5DPcRVn-sg@comcast.com...
> Just got a new V551 phone (Cingular) and it works great, except that the
> battery level indicator does not show up on the instrument panel, just the
> signal strength indicator. Anyone else have a similar problem? Any
> solutions?
>
> 2004 TL
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08 Dec 2004, 11:07 pm
Lee Florack
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Motorola V551 phone and Acura TL, using bluetooth

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 19:06:35 -0600, "kbstreet"
<kbstreet@comcast.net> wrote:

>My V600 has never shown the battery indicator on my TL. I have had the
>HandsFreeLink head unit replaced and have upgraded the software on the phone
>and it still doesn't show.
>
>I wouldn't worry about it. It has no effect on how you use it.


I just got a Moto V710 and because of the 'modifications' that
Verizon made to the phone's firmware, a lot of the phone's
Bluetooth capability has been removed. My signal strength,
battery, etc do not show. Thee actual phone and handfree link
work exceptionally well however. Moto is coming out with a
firmware update 'soon' that are supposed to fix a lot of this.

Anyway,, my guess is that it's the phone's firmware that's at
issue -- not the TL.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09 Dec 2004, 09:28 pm
kbstreet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Motorola V551 phone and Acura TL, using bluetooth

I've tried several firmware's on my V600 w/ Cingular & none of them made any
difference w the battery bars showing up on the TL.

Everything else works fine so I don't worry about it too much.

"Lee Florack" <lflorack@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
news:6kjfr0dsb5tmcil2dufj6sfrb3ftbbfu5d@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 19:06:35 -0600, "kbstreet"
> <kbstreet@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>My V600 has never shown the battery indicator on my TL. I have had the
>>HandsFreeLink head unit replaced and have upgraded the software on the
>>phone
>>and it still doesn't show.
>>
>>I wouldn't worry about it. It has no effect on how you use it.

>
> I just got a Moto V710 and because of the 'modifications' that
> Verizon made to the phone's firmware, a lot of the phone's
> Bluetooth capability has been removed. My signal strength,
> battery, etc do not show. Thee actual phone and handfree link
> work exceptionally well however. Moto is coming out with a
> firmware update 'soon' that are supposed to fix a lot of this.
>
> Anyway,, my guess is that it's the phone's firmware that's at
> issue -- not the TL.



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2007 MDX and Motorola KRZR contact syncronization Alex Acura 5 05 May 2007 03:24 pm
Motorola Bluetooth adapter Steven Stern Honda 2 0 07 Mar 2007 04:04 pm
Bluetooth Phones For the Acura TL lliguy@optonline.net Acura 1 03 Jun 2005 07:47 pm
Phone Number for Acura Canada Ryeker Acura 3 27 Feb 2005 09:37 am
Bluetooth Phone in 2004 TL Tom Bigelow Acura 2 31 Aug 2004 07:59 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.