Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01 Dec 2004, 07:43 pm
Rob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default p1399 code 3.2cl '03

Please help,
My 2003 3.2 cl-s (21k miles) is misfiring...getting all 8 of these codes

p1399--????
p0300--random misfire
p0301--cyl. #1 misfire
p0302--cyl #2 misfire
p0303--cyl #3 misfire
p0304--cyl #4 misfire
p0305--cyl #5 misfire
p0306--cyl #6 misfire

Any suggestions...
Thank you!!!
Rob




Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01 Dec 2004, 09:34 pm
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: p1399 code 3.2cl '03

Hmm... P1399 isn't listed in Actron's database, either
(http://www.actron.com/code_lookup.php)

A good place to start would be fuel injector cleaner and fuel dryer (a
separate product - use both together). I'm thinking fuel because you don't
complain of misfires affecting your driving and an ignition system that new
isn't likely to be weak on all cylinders without failing completely by now.

If the injector cleaning doesn't help, the next step would be an ignition
tuneup. New as these parts are, one of them could be breaking down. If the
injector cleaner or fuel dryer does help, you might want to change to a
different gas station.

Mike

"Rob" <labud@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:jrurd.570$714.480@newsread2.news.atl.earthlin k.net...
> Please help,
> My 2003 3.2 cl-s (21k miles) is misfiring...getting all 8 of these codes
>
> p1399--????
> p0300--random misfire
> p0301--cyl. #1 misfire
> p0302--cyl #2 misfire
> p0303--cyl #3 misfire
> p0304--cyl #4 misfire
> p0305--cyl #5 misfire
> p0306--cyl #6 misfire
>
> Any suggestions...
> Thank you!!!
> Rob
>
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02 Dec 2004, 12:21 pm
Rob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: p1399 code 3.2cl '03

I Appreciate your reply....Thank You!

Ill try what you mentioned...
fyi....the car was close to empty for about 8 months.... & I just filled it
up with premium. same prob. before and after.
Ill let you know how the gas-dryer/injector cleaner works...
MORE BACKROUND.
It breaks up alittle at idle...
Run real smooth under low throttle & low speeds
But once you hit 3rd(or higher) gear or so (its a 6spd) & gas it ...it
breaks up.


"Michael Pardee" <michaeltnull@cybertrails.com> wrote in message
news:2IadnYgLFomsEDPcRVn-uw@sedona.net...
> Hmm... P1399 isn't listed in Actron's database, either
> (http://www.actron.com/code_lookup.php)
>
> A good place to start would be fuel injector cleaner and fuel dryer (a
> separate product - use both together). I'm thinking fuel because you don't
> complain of misfires affecting your driving and an ignition system that

new
> isn't likely to be weak on all cylinders without failing completely by

now.
>
> If the injector cleaning doesn't help, the next step would be an ignition
> tuneup. New as these parts are, one of them could be breaking down. If the
> injector cleaner or fuel dryer does help, you might want to change to a
> different gas station.
>
> Mike
>
> "Rob" <labud@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:jrurd.570$714.480@newsread2.news.atl.earthlin k.net...
> > Please help,
> > My 2003 3.2 cl-s (21k miles) is misfiring...getting all 8 of these codes
> >
> > p1399--????
> > p0300--random misfire
> > p0301--cyl. #1 misfire
> > p0302--cyl #2 misfire
> > p0303--cyl #3 misfire
> > p0304--cyl #4 misfire
> > p0305--cyl #5 misfire
> > p0306--cyl #6 misfire
> >
> > Any suggestions...
> > Thank you!!!
> > Rob
> >
> >
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02 Dec 2004, 08:58 pm
Michael Pardee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: p1399 code 3.2cl '03

If you mean the car sat with a nearly empty tank, that explains a lot! The
fuel will be really funky after that long. I'd expect the cleaner and dryer
to help, but I'd think it will take a hundred miles or more.

Mike

"Rob" <labud@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:53Jrd.1574$Va5.1195@newsread3.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
>I Appreciate your reply....Thank You!
>
> Ill try what you mentioned...
> fyi....the car was close to empty for about 8 months.... & I just filled
> it
> up with premium. same prob. before and after.
> Ill let you know how the gas-dryer/injector cleaner works...
> MORE BACKROUND.
> It breaks up alittle at idle...
> Run real smooth under low throttle & low speeds
> But once you hit 3rd(or higher) gear or so (its a 6spd) & gas it ...it
> breaks up.
>
>
> "Michael Pardee" <michaeltnull@cybertrails.com> wrote in message
> news:2IadnYgLFomsEDPcRVn-uw@sedona.net...
>> Hmm... P1399 isn't listed in Actron's database, either
>> (http://www.actron.com/code_lookup.php)
>>
>> A good place to start would be fuel injector cleaner and fuel dryer (a
>> separate product - use both together). I'm thinking fuel because you
>> don't
>> complain of misfires affecting your driving and an ignition system that

> new
>> isn't likely to be weak on all cylinders without failing completely by

> now.
>>
>> If the injector cleaning doesn't help, the next step would be an ignition
>> tuneup. New as these parts are, one of them could be breaking down. If
>> the
>> injector cleaner or fuel dryer does help, you might want to change to a
>> different gas station.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> "Rob" <labud@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> news:jrurd.570$714.480@newsread2.news.atl.earthlin k.net...
>> > Please help,
>> > My 2003 3.2 cl-s (21k miles) is misfiring...getting all 8 of these
>> > codes
>> >
>> > p1399--????
>> > p0300--random misfire
>> > p0301--cyl. #1 misfire
>> > p0302--cyl #2 misfire
>> > p0303--cyl #3 misfire
>> > p0304--cyl #4 misfire
>> > p0305--cyl #5 misfire
>> > p0306--cyl #6 misfire
>> >
>> > Any suggestions...
>> > Thank you!!!
>> > Rob
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: CODE HELP!! Kapa6ac Honda 2 1 16 Sep 2004 03:27 pm
CODE HELP!! DaveT Honda 2 5 14 Sep 2004 05:57 pm
Code 67 Frankie Acura 1 31 Aug 2004 07:33 am
2000 Honda Civic Error Code P1399 RWB Honda 2 7 18 Dec 2003 06:57 pm
ABS Code 44 Robert Honda 2 1 30 Oct 2003 07:31 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.