Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 15 Oct 2004, 06:09 pm
Joe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Transmission Woes

Hi, I have a 2002 Tl type "S" with 44K. Over the past two days I have
noticed some hard shifting and some slippage on the shifts from 1 to 2 and 2
to 3.
Is this the dreaded transmission problem? Any experience on how long the
unit will last or should it go back toady? Any thoughts would be
appreciated.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 16 Oct 2004, 07:37 am
Nuanced
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Transmission Woes

You are good for somewhere between 1 and 100 miles.
If it fails on you - you might be able to recover enough to get another few
miles out of it after a 10 minute cool down - engine off. Worked for me,
and let me get out of a bad traffic situation.
Now on #3 transmission at 60K miles.

"Joe" <jsc53@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:PMYbd.14274$Fe6.6408298@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.n et...
> Hi, I have a 2002 Tl type "S" with 44K. Over the past two days I have
> noticed some hard shifting and some slippage on the shifts from 1 to 2 and
> 2 to 3.
> Is this the dreaded transmission problem? Any experience on how long the
> unit will last or should it go back toady? Any thoughts would be
> appreciated.
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 17 Oct 2004, 08:27 am
Joe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Transmission Woes

Thanks for the info.. So I guess the fix isn't a fix at all! Acura puts
back the same badly designed parts that fail? That's a shame. I love the
car. What was Acura thinking?
"Nuanced" <dum@Trescue.com> wrote in message
news:qrCdnd-oUolpiOzcRVn-gg@comcast.com...
> You are good for somewhere between 1 and 100 miles.
> If it fails on you - you might be able to recover enough to get another
> few miles out of it after a 10 minute cool down - engine off. Worked for
> me, and let me get out of a bad traffic situation.
> Now on #3 transmission at 60K miles.
>
> "Joe" <jsc53@optonline.net> wrote in message
> news:PMYbd.14274$Fe6.6408298@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.n et...
>> Hi, I have a 2002 Tl type "S" with 44K. Over the past two days I have
>> noticed some hard shifting and some slippage on the shifts from 1 to 2
>> and 2 to 3.
>> Is this the dreaded transmission problem? Any experience on how long the
>> unit will last or should it go back toady? Any thoughts would be
>> appreciated.
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 17 Oct 2004, 07:48 pm
cr480
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Transmission Woes

Hi Joe. Just out of curiosity, did the transmission have fluid/filter
service before 44K? I talked to my service manager at length before buying
my 2nd half of the year 2003 which supposedly all of the latest fixes
(except for the current recall) and does not carry the extra factory
warranty. During the conversation, I got the impression that the trans was
a bit more sensitive than average to getting clogged with material that
wears off the bands/clutches.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 17 Oct 2004, 10:30 pm
Nuanced
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Transmission Woes

It's more of a design problem - not likely to be fixed with tougher friction
material or spray nozzle kludges. all the info here www.acura-cl.com in
the transmission forum

"Joe" <jsc53@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:7rucd.27639$Fe6.11941717@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv. net...
> Thanks for the info.. So I guess the fix isn't a fix at all! Acura puts
> back the same badly designed parts that fail? That's a shame. I love the
> car. What was Acura thinking?
> "Nuanced" <dum@Trescue.com> wrote in message
> news:qrCdnd-oUolpiOzcRVn-gg@comcast.com...
>> You are good for somewhere between 1 and 100 miles.
>> If it fails on you - you might be able to recover enough to get another
>> few miles out of it after a 10 minute cool down - engine off. Worked for
>> me, and let me get out of a bad traffic situation.
>> Now on #3 transmission at 60K miles.
>>
>> "Joe" <jsc53@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> news:PMYbd.14274$Fe6.6408298@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.n et...
>>> Hi, I have a 2002 Tl type "S" with 44K. Over the past two days I have
>>> noticed some hard shifting and some slippage on the shifts from 1 to 2
>>> and 2 to 3.
>>> Is this the dreaded transmission problem? Any experience on how long
>>> the unit will last or should it go back toady? Any thoughts would be
>>> appreciated.
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 23 Oct 2004, 01:46 am
jose3030
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Transmission Woes

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 23:30:56 -0400, "Nuanced" <dum@Trescue.com> wrote:

>It's more of a design problem - not likely to be fixed with tougher friction
>material or spray nozzle kludges. all the info here www.acura-cl.com in
>the transmission forum


It's sad that an expensive new car is crappier than my 1993 Acura
Legend coupe.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2003 Odyssey EXL woes G-Man Honda 3 0 23 Mar 2007 12:01 pm
Ridgeline first year woes...? Jazz Honda 3 6 19 Mar 2007 02:11 pm
Air conditioning (AC) woes dar Honda 3 2 20 Jul 2006 10:11 pm
94 civic lx seat woes Isaac Honda 3 0 30 May 2006 06:08 pm
'85 Civic woes dax Honda 3 3 18 Jan 2004 07:42 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.