Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 Aug 2004, 01:15 pm
apdicenzo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default windshield cleaner

Does anyone know of a window cleaner that DOES NOT LEAVE STREAKS!!!..I've
bought alot of cleaners that syas they don't leave streaks and they all
have!!..It's so frustrating when you wash and clean your car for hours and
while your cleaning the window they look perfect but sure enough the next
day you see nothing but streaks!!aahg!!! Also what is better paper towel or
a cotton cloth?..It seems like they both leave lint! I appreciate any
info!! Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24 Aug 2004, 03:24 pm
John Ings
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: windshield cleaner

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:15:29 -0400, "apdicenzo" <apdicenzo@cox.net>
wrote:

>Does anyone know of a window cleaner that DOES NOT LEAVE STREAKS!!!..I've
>bought alot of cleaners that syas they don't leave streaks and they all
>have!!..It's so frustrating when you wash and clean your car for hours and
>while your cleaning the window they look perfect but sure enough the next
>day you see nothing but streaks!!aahg!!! Also what is better paper towel or
>a cotton cloth?..It seems like they both leave lint! I appreciate any
>info!! Thanks


Dunno about cleaner, but do you use Rain-X?
After application you polish it like a wax. The polish marks show at
first and then disappear as you rub more.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 24 Aug 2004, 07:10 pm
Frank
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: windshield cleaner

Use "Bon Ami". It was recommended by an (old) TV show called
Shadeetree Mechanics (it is now called Two Guys' Garage on
Speed). It can be found anywhere in NA, in the house cleaner
section, usually. It works wonder. I get it a Walmart or Canadian
Tire (I'm in Canada).

The only time it leaves streaks is when you forgot a section.

Cheers


"apdicenzo" <apdicenzo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:SALWc.101231$Lj.45085@fed1read03...
> Does anyone know of a window cleaner that DOES NOT LEAVE
> STREAKS!!!..I've
> bought alot of cleaners that syas they don't leave streaks and
> they all
> have!!..It's so frustrating when you wash and clean your car
> for hours and
> while your cleaning the window they look perfect but sure
> enough the next
> day you see nothing but streaks!!aahg!!! Also what is better
> paper towel or
> a cotton cloth?..It seems like they both leave lint! I
> appreciate any
> info!! Thanks
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 25 Aug 2004, 04:12 pm
Falco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: windshield cleaner

Maguire's glass cleaner does it for me. Then Rain X after that.


"Frank" <NOSPAM@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:7OQWc.8999$cIP1.2861@news04.bloor.is.net.cabl e.rogers.com...
> Use "Bon Ami". It was recommended by an (old) TV show called
> Shadeetree Mechanics (it is now called Two Guys' Garage on
> Speed). It can be found anywhere in NA, in the house cleaner
> section, usually. It works wonder. I get it a Walmart or Canadian
> Tire (I'm in Canada).
>
> The only time it leaves streaks is when you forgot a section.
>
> Cheers
>
>
> "apdicenzo" <apdicenzo@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:SALWc.101231$Lj.45085@fed1read03...
> > Does anyone know of a window cleaner that DOES NOT LEAVE
> > STREAKS!!!..I've
> > bought alot of cleaners that syas they don't leave streaks and
> > they all
> > have!!..It's so frustrating when you wash and clean your car
> > for hours and
> > while your cleaning the window they look perfect but sure
> > enough the next
> > day you see nothing but streaks!!aahg!!! Also what is better
> > paper towel or
> > a cotton cloth?..It seems like they both leave lint! I
> > appreciate any
> > info!! Thanks
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 25 Aug 2004, 05:12 pm
Martin van Nostrand
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: windshield cleaner

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:10:43 GMT, "Frank" <NOSPAM@NOSPAM.com> wrote:

Use newspapers to dry your windows. It won't matter what you use to
clean them with (Windex or whatever) just use newspapers to dry them.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 25 Aug 2004, 05:52 pm
Lee Florack
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: windshield cleaner

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:15:29 -0400, "apdicenzo"
<apdicenzo@cox.net> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a window cleaner that DOES NOT LEAVE STREAKS!!!..I've
>bought alot of cleaners that syas they don't leave streaks and they all
>have!!..It's so frustrating when you wash and clean your car for hours and
>while your cleaning the window they look perfect but sure enough the next
>day you see nothing but streaks!!aahg!!! Also what is better paper towel or
>a cotton cloth?..It seems like they both leave lint! I appreciate any
>info!! Thanks
>


Stoner's Invisible Glass
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 25 Aug 2004, 06:26 pm
Frank
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: windshield cleaner


"Martin van Nostrand" <not@this.address> wrote in message
news:cj3qi0l4pe6r8hjmu3bbfkc7708tksum64@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:10:43 GMT, "Frank" <NOSPAM@NOSPAM.com>
> wrote:
>
> Use newspapers to dry your windows. It won't matter what you
> use to
> clean them with (Windex or whatever) just use newspapers to dry
> them.


Right.. newspaper. I forgot to mention that. Newspaper really
works well and does the trick!


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 26 Aug 2004, 12:39 pm
uncle k
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: windshield cleaner


"Frank" <NOSPAM@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:ke9Xc.4558>
> Right.. newspaper. I forgot to mention that. Newspaper really
> works well and does the trick!


I've used newspaper/windex for eons, and I agree. One (interior) caveat:
In our 98 3.2 TL, the headliner and windshield frame is made of a fuzzy,
delicate, light colored material. I have to go to great pains being careful
not to smear the newspaper ink into it.

Unc


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 30 Jan 2005, 10:31 am
BigBadBob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: windshield cleaner

Coffee filters work really well, and you don't have to worry about ink
smears

-BBB

"uncle k" <nospamatall@msn.com> wrote in message
news:ZepXc.13470$2L3.2220@newsread3.news.atl.earth link.net...
>
> "Frank" <NOSPAM@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:ke9Xc.4558>
>> Right.. newspaper. I forgot to mention that. Newspaper really
>> works well and does the trick!

>
> I've used newspaper/windex for eons, and I agree. One (interior) caveat:
> In our 98 3.2 TL, the headliner and windshield frame is made of a fuzzy,
> delicate, light colored material. I have to go to great pains being
> careful
> not to smear the newspaper ink into it.
>
> Unc
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08 Feb 2005, 12:53 pm
news group
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: windshield cleaner

Use product by Stoner :INVISiABLE GLASS about 3.00 at most auto stores

"BigBadBob" <themightymutt2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:L56dnZlyrttzlmDcRVn-1Q@sedona.net...
> Coffee filters work really well, and you don't have to worry about ink
> smears
>
> -BBB
>
> "uncle k" <nospamatall@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:ZepXc.13470$2L3.2220@newsread3.news.atl.earth link.net...
>>
>> "Frank" <NOSPAM@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:ke9Xc.4558>
>>> Right.. newspaper. I forgot to mention that. Newspaper really
>>> works well and does the trick!

>>
>> I've used newspaper/windex for eons, and I agree. One (interior) caveat:
>> In our 98 3.2 TL, the headliner and windshield frame is made of a fuzzy,
>> delicate, light colored material. I have to go to great pains being
>> careful
>> not to smear the newspaper ink into it.
>>
>> Unc
>>
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
window cleaner apdicenzo Acura 5 31 Oct 2005 07:53 pm
Glass Cleaner Freezing? Bruno Acura 5 25 Oct 2004 10:15 am
Steering wheel Cleaner? Harry Edwards Acura 0 11 Apr 2004 07:03 pm
Re: Leather Cleaner Len White Honda 2 0 10 Aug 2003 12:59 pm
Re: Leather Cleaner phone Honda 2 0 10 Aug 2003 09:50 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.