Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 24 Aug 2004, 02:04 pm
apdicenzo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default oil changes

How often does everyone change their oil?..The manual says 7500 miles then
12,500..My 2003 TL has a little under 12,000 miles and I've changed my oil
and filter 3 times already!


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24 Aug 2004, 02:10 pm
WPWise
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: oil changes

I do the oil and filter on my TL-S about every 3,000 miles. Dealer does it for
free most of the time. Really depends on how you drive and how much you drive.

However, on my Mercedes, its about every 10,000 to 12,000 miles, whenever the
idiot light tells me to do it. That is per the Mercedes dealer. That is a
freebie as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 24 Aug 2004, 02:19 pm
apdicenzo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: oil changes

Boy where is this dealership where you get free oil changes?..We got our
first one free when we bought our 2003 TL brand new but after that it's $50
bucks so we do it ourselves
"WPWise" <wpwise@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040824141057.06719.00003621@mb-m13.aol.com...
> I do the oil and filter on my TL-S about every 3,000 miles. Dealer does

it for
> free most of the time. Really depends on how you drive and how much you

drive.
>
> However, on my Mercedes, its about every 10,000 to 12,000 miles, whenever

the
> idiot light tells me to do it. That is per the Mercedes dealer. That is

a
> freebie as well.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01 Sep 2004, 10:38 am
Nick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: oil changes

Depending on how severe you drive your car I'd say the every 5,000
miles should be sufficient for an oil change. You should always check
your oil level half way through this interval to ensure you haven't
lost any oil. While you have a new car and won't be loosing any oil
until over 100k miles, it doesn't hurt to check it.

Nick

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:04:56 -0400, "apdicenzo" <apdicenzo@cox.net>
wrote:

>How often does everyone change their oil?..The manual says 7500 miles then
>12,500..My 2003 TL has a little under 12,000 miles and I've changed my oil
>and filter 3 times already!
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02 Sep 2004, 10:54 am
Larry Williams
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: oil changes

My 2001 GSR has 80K. I have been doing the oil changes when the maint light
comes on. I have not checked the oil as a between changes, but this time
the level was WAY down. Will be checking on a regular basis - now.
"Nick" <npolite@NOSPAMMONKEYS.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:uumbj0le5q3cbeo6mo84lear7hqalghtob@4ax.com...
> Depending on how severe you drive your car I'd say the every 5,000
> miles should be sufficient for an oil change. You should always check
> your oil level half way through this interval to ensure you haven't
> lost any oil. While you have a new car and won't be loosing any oil
> until over 100k miles, it doesn't hurt to check it.
>
> Nick
>
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:04:56 -0400, "apdicenzo" <apdicenzo@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >How often does everyone change their oil?..The manual says 7500 miles

then
> >12,500..My 2003 TL has a little under 12,000 miles and I've changed my

oil
> >and filter 3 times already!
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03 Sep 2004, 02:33 pm
Neal Hudson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: oil changes

I change my oil & filter every 3K miles or three months. Oil & Filters are
cheap. I do not use dealerships but an independent mechanic. Why nit pick
a few $$$ on a $30K car ???

"Larry Williams" <lwilliams@caltel.com> wrote in message
news:ch7c7p$3bh$1@nntp2-cm.news.eni.net...
> My 2001 GSR has 80K. I have been doing the oil changes when the maint

light
> comes on. I have not checked the oil as a between changes, but this time
> the level was WAY down. Will be checking on a regular basis - now.
> "Nick" <npolite@NOSPAMMONKEYS.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:uumbj0le5q3cbeo6mo84lear7hqalghtob@4ax.com...
> > Depending on how severe you drive your car I'd say the every 5,000
> > miles should be sufficient for an oil change. You should always check
> > your oil level half way through this interval to ensure you haven't
> > lost any oil. While you have a new car and won't be loosing any oil
> > until over 100k miles, it doesn't hurt to check it.
> >
> > Nick
> >
> > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:04:56 -0400, "apdicenzo" <apdicenzo@cox.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >How often does everyone change their oil?..The manual says 7500 miles

> then
> > >12,500..My 2003 TL has a little under 12,000 miles and I've changed my

> oil
> > >and filter 3 times already!
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.