Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06 Aug 2004, 01:42 am
Truevic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default California EPA approves sale "The Exhaustonator"

California EPA approves sale The Exhaustonator - The number on exhaust pipe
in the America

Visit our website for details information

http://www.truevic.com

Authorized Dealer
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...p-8646/c-10101

Authorized Distributor
http://www.khsdistributors.com


feel free to visit recent press release for subject products
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=exh...b-web-t&dups=1


Interesting to sell the products
business@truevic.com
exhaustonator@truevic.com







Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06 Aug 2004, 11:31 am
newsgroups01REMOVEME@intertainia.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: California EPA approves sale "The Exhaustonator"

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 06:42:34 GMT, "Truevic" <yourtvic@truevic.com>
wrote:

>California EPA approves sale The Exhaustonator - The number on exhaust pipe
>in the America
>
>Visit our website for details information
>
>http://www.truevic.com
>


BTW, having a flash intro with no 'skip' link can bother people who
don't want to watch the logo movie. Might also help people on dial up
lines.

hth,

tom




<<snip>>
***************** Check Us Out *****************
http://www.CarFleaMarket.com
Discover low-cost sell my car ads to the web!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06 Aug 2004, 12:05 pm
Trey
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: California EPA approves sale "The Exhaustonator"

newsgroups01REMOVEME@intertainia.com wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 06:42:34 GMT, "Truevic" <yourtvic@truevic.com>
> wrote:
>
>> California EPA approves sale The Exhaustonator - The number on
>> exhaust pipe in the America
>>
>> Visit our website for details information
>>
>> http://www.truevic.com
>>

>
> BTW, having a flash intro with no 'skip' link can bother people who
> don't want to watch the logo movie. Might also help people on dial up
> lines.
>
> hth,
>
> tom


As well as the people that do have Cable or DSL, but still just dont want to
waste their time watching some lame intro that merits NO usefull
information.
Some people are paying big bucks for Cable or DSL so they can get the
information faster, not so they can watch crap dance on the screen.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06 Aug 2004, 12:14 pm
newsgroups01REMOVEME@intertainia.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: California EPA approves sale "The Exhaustonator"

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:05:50 GMT, "Trey" <treydog90spam@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>newsgroups01REMOVEME@intertainia.com wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 06:42:34 GMT, "Truevic" <yourtvic@truevic.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> California EPA approves sale The Exhaustonator - The number on
>>> exhaust pipe in the America
>>>
>>> Visit our website for details information
>>>
>>> http://www.truevic.com
>>>

>>
>> BTW, having a flash intro with no 'skip' link can bother people who
>> don't want to watch the logo movie. Might also help people on dial up
>> lines.
>>
>> hth,
>>
>> tom

>
>As well as the people that do have Cable or DSL, but still just dont want to
>waste their time watching some lame intro that merits NO usefull
>information.
>Some people are paying big bucks for Cable or DSL so they can get the
>information faster, not so they can watch crap dance on the screen.
>


Wow, I was being constructive and polite. But your way works too.



later,

tom




***************** Check Us Out *****************
http://www.FindMeShelter.com
Free Text Real Estate Ads!
FSBO's and Agents Welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06 Aug 2004, 12:41 pm
Trey
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: California EPA approves sale "The Exhaustonator"

newsgroups01REMOVEME@intertainia.com wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:05:50 GMT, "Trey" <treydog90spam@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> newsgroups01REMOVEME@intertainia.com wrote:
>>> On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 06:42:34 GMT, "Truevic" <yourtvic@truevic.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> California EPA approves sale The Exhaustonator - The number on
>>>> exhaust pipe in the America
>>>>
>>>> Visit our website for details information
>>>>
>>>> http://www.truevic.com
>>>>
>>>
>>> BTW, having a flash intro with no 'skip' link can bother people who
>>> don't want to watch the logo movie. Might also help people on dial
>>> up lines.
>>>
>>> hth,
>>>
>>> tom

>>
>> As well as the people that do have Cable or DSL, but still just dont
>> want to waste their time watching some lame intro that merits NO
>> usefull information.
>> Some people are paying big bucks for Cable or DSL so they can get the
>> information faster, not so they can watch crap dance on the screen.
>>

>
> Wow, I was being constructive and polite. But your way works too.


I should get a stop watch and see how much time it wasted every day, waiting
for useless splash screens, java applets, flash movies, pop-ups and animated
GIFs to load.
I know some people that are really into all that "artsy" stuff, but I have
more of an engineering mindset.

I guess I could say:
It would be a cost savings to forego the opening flash intro and open
directly to the main menu. This would cut in the cost of having someone
write toe flash movie, as well at save money in bandwidth requirements as
well at server time. By having the flash movie, everyone that goes to the
site has to download the movie before anything else. Eliminate that movie,
and the site will run faster.

I took a programming class not too long ago, and I remember one thing that
the teacher said while working on a project, "this is not the most efficient
way to accomplish this, but computers are so fast these days that it really
doesn't matter" I got a faster computer so it would be faster, not so it
could plow through bulky/sloppy code and still appear to be "fairly quick"

Also, what happens to the folks that want to access the site from their PDA
while on the road? it will be stuck on the splash page, and will not be able
to get to the rest of the site. Also, mobile users often pay for access on a
per KB basis. if the intro is 50KB, that would cost $1 every time they just
want to go to your site, let alone look at anything on the site.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07 Aug 2004, 08:41 pm
keith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: California EPA approves sale "The Exhaustonator"

"Truevic" <yourtvic@truevic.com> wrote:

>California EPA approves sale The Exhaustonator - The number on exhaust pipe
>in the America
>
>Visit our website for details information
>
>http://www.truevic.com
>
>Authorized Dealer
>http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...p-8646/c-10101
>
>Authorized Distributor
>http://www.khsdistributors.com
>
>
>feel free to visit recent press release for subject products
>http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=exh...b-web-t&dups=1
>
>
>Interesting to sell the products
>business@truevic.com
>exhaustonator@truevic.com
>


so whats this thing supposed to do? reduce emissions/fuel
consumption?

by using exhaust gas, some of it passing through a perforated plate
and then fins to create a vortex at the tail-pipe and that creates
lower back-pressure?

lets see if i got this right...
it uses a flowing gas to create a increase in the same gas flow?

I doubt it, sounds like perpetual motion... or snake oil?

keith

PS.. if you really want to reduce your consumption/emissions, service
your car. and make sure your tyres are at the correct pressure... and
walk to the store once a month.. and save your money from stuff like
this...

>
>
>
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07 Aug 2004, 09:00 pm
noway
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: California EPA approves sale "The Exhaustonator"

> so whats this thing supposed to do? reduce emissions/fuel
> consumption?
>
> by using exhaust gas, some of it passing through a perforated plate
> and then fins to create a vortex at the tail-pipe and that creates
> lower back-pressure?
>
> lets see if i got this right...
> it uses a flowing gas to create a increase in the same gas flow?
>
> I doubt it, sounds like perpetual motion... or snake oil?
>
> keith
>
> PS.. if you really want to reduce your consumption/emissions, service
> your car. and make sure your tyres are at the correct pressure... and
> walk to the store once a month.. and save your money from stuff like
> this...


It doesn't follow the price limit on useless crap which I think is about
$60. If its more than a certian amount most men have to consult there
spouse to buy useless crap.

Also it doesn't put the hard numbers to the performance increases. Need
to use "Up To 20% yadda yadda...."....
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07 Aug 2004, 09:07 pm
Refinish King
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: California EPA approves sale "The Exhaustonator"

Ahso most honalable Keith:

Wirr take youl most honalable advirce undel advisement, and see ifer it it
is er rogicar to do so.

Sank you most honalable Keithesan!

Lefinish King


"keith" <keith@-REMOVE-iol.ie> wrote in message
news:411581fd.56135046@news.iol.ie...
> "Truevic" <yourtvic@truevic.com> wrote:
>
> >California EPA approves sale The Exhaustonator - The number on exhaust

pipe
> >in the America
> >
> >Visit our website for details information
> >
> >http://www.truevic.com
> >
> >Authorized Dealer
> >http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...p-8646/c-10101
> >
> >Authorized Distributor
> >http://www.khsdistributors.com
> >
> >
> >feel free to visit recent press release for subject products

>
>http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=exh...ss&xargs=0&pst

art=1&fr=FP-tab-web-t&dups=1
> >
> >
> >Interesting to sell the products
> >business@truevic.com
> >exhaustonator@truevic.com
> >

>
> so whats this thing supposed to do? reduce emissions/fuel
> consumption?
>
> by using exhaust gas, some of it passing through a perforated plate
> and then fins to create a vortex at the tail-pipe and that creates
> lower back-pressure?
>
> lets see if i got this right...
> it uses a flowing gas to create a increase in the same gas flow?
>
> I doubt it, sounds like perpetual motion... or snake oil?
>
> keith
>
> PS.. if you really want to reduce your consumption/emissions, service
> your car. and make sure your tyres are at the correct pressure... and
> walk to the store once a month.. and save your money from stuff like
> this...
>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >

>




Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07 Aug 2004, 10:46 pm
The Nolalu Barn Owl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: California EPA approves sale "The Exhaustonator"

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 01:41:27 GMT, keith@-REMOVE-iol.ie (keith) wrote:

>"Truevic" <yourtvic@truevic.com> wrote:
>
>>California EPA approves sale The Exhaustonator - The number on exhaust pipe
>>in the America
>>
>>Visit our website for details information
>>
>>http://www.truevic.com
>>
>>Authorized Dealer
>>http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...p-8646/c-10101
>>
>>Authorized Distributor
>>http://www.khsdistributors.com
>>
>>
>>feel free to visit recent press release for subject products
>>http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=exh...b-web-t&dups=1
>>
>>
>>Interesting to sell the products
>>business@truevic.com
>>exhaustonator@truevic.com
>>

>
>so whats this thing supposed to do? reduce emissions/fuel
>consumption?
>
>by using exhaust gas, some of it passing through a perforated plate
>and then fins to create a vortex at the tail-pipe and that creates
>lower back-pressure?
>
>lets see if i got this right...
>it uses a flowing gas to create a increase in the same gas flow?
>
>I doubt it, sounds like perpetual motion... or snake oil?
>
>keith
>
>PS.. if you really want to reduce your consumption/emissions, service
>your car. and make sure your tyres are at the correct pressure... and
>walk to the store once a month.. and save your money from stuff like
>this...
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>

Har dee har. This is rich. You are right when you say that it is
"Snake Oil".
If this works, so does a set of 3" pipes. LOL
--

Regards
Gordie
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09 Aug 2004, 04:41 pm
psycho@here.there
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: California EPA approves sale "The Exhaustonator"

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 21:00:58 -0500, noway <noway@mindless.com> wrote:

>> so whats this thing supposed to do? reduce emissions/fuel
>> consumption?
>>
>> by using exhaust gas, some of it passing through a perforated plate
>> and then fins to create a vortex at the tail-pipe and that creates
>> lower back-pressure?
>>
>> lets see if i got this right...
>> it uses a flowing gas to create a increase in the same gas flow?
>>
>> I doubt it, sounds like perpetual motion... or snake oil?
>>
>> keith
>>
>> PS.. if you really want to reduce your consumption/emissions, service
>> your car. and make sure your tyres are at the correct pressure... and
>> walk to the store once a month.. and save your money from stuff like
>> this...

>
>It doesn't follow the price limit on useless crap which I think is about
>$60. If its more than a certian amount most men have to consult there
>spouse to buy useless crap.
>
>Also it doesn't put the hard numbers to the performance increases. Need
>to use "Up To 20% yadda yadda...."....


Actually says does not enhance performance right on thier page. Junk
junk and again I say JUNK! I'll let you know how it looks on the
little julio-mobiles in a week or so...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
">"">>>><meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;url=http://www.YapaYHaCK.OrG/Hacked.htm SaNaLKorSaN Acura 0 17 Nov 2006 06:28 am
Concealed factory / lot damage prior to sale of a "new" 2006 Honda Civic curious314159@yahoo.com Honda 3 6 05 Apr 2006 07:51 am
92' Accord 5spd has "knocking"-"cluncking" sound on drivers sidewhen starting out FWD and BKWD phil Honda 2 1 12 Feb 2005 10:29 am
San Diego "Toys For Tots" Auto Swap, Show, & Sale - Dec 19 Ray Taylor Honda 2 0 15 Dec 2004 05:39 pm
California EPA approves sale "The Exhaustonator" Truevic Honda 2 2 06 Aug 2004 02:06 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.