Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2004, 10:43 am
Dave
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default WTB: '02 CL-S rims

I need 2 or 4 17" CL type S factory rims. Mine are scratched and
dinged, and I am looking for clean replacements.
Looking in N. California (to try and save shipping), but will
consider anything.

Contact me at
omgdave
@
yahoo.com
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2004, 10:53 am
E. Meyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: WTB: '02 CL-S rims

On 7/26/04 10:43 AM, in article h09ag0hb06vcb9r6n4bddd2jurlg9p9k7t@4ax.com,
"Dave" <myinfois@private.com> wrote:

> I need 2 or 4 17" CL type S factory rims. Mine are scratched and
> dinged, and I am looking for clean replacements.
> Looking in N. California (to try and save shipping), but will
> consider anything.
>
> Contact me at
> omgdave
> @
> yahoo.com


Wouldn't it be cheaper to just have yours refinished?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2004, 05:20 pm
Dave
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: WTB: '02 CL-S rims

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:53:43 GMT, "E. Meyer" <e52.meyer0SPAM@ieee.org>
wrote:

>On 7/26/04 10:43 AM, in article h09ag0hb06vcb9r6n4bddd2jurlg9p9k7t@4ax.com,
>"Dave" <myinfois@private.com> wrote:
>
>> I need 2 or 4 17" CL type S factory rims. Mine are scratched and
>> dinged, and I am looking for clean replacements.
>> Looking in N. California (to try and save shipping), but will
>> consider anything.
>>
>> Contact me at
>> omgdave
>> @
>> yahoo.com

>
>Wouldn't it be cheaper to just have yours refinished?



Looked into that. With the scratches that are on every spoke of 2
wheels and on about every other spoke on the other 2, and the
polishing shop not being able to guarantee that the resulting finish
would look stock, I passed.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jul 2004, 05:43 pm
E. Meyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: WTB: '02 CL-S rims

On 7/26/04 5:20 PM, in article im0bg05dfunugg9d04qjgfq90l68s6tqot@4ax.com,
"Dave" <myinfois@private.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:53:43 GMT, "E. Meyer" <e52.meyer0SPAM@ieee.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 7/26/04 10:43 AM, in article h09ag0hb06vcb9r6n4bddd2jurlg9p9k7t@4ax.com,
>> "Dave" <myinfois@private.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I need 2 or 4 17" CL type S factory rims. Mine are scratched and
>>> dinged, and I am looking for clean replacements.
>>> Looking in N. California (to try and save shipping), but will
>>> consider anything.
>>>
>>> Contact me at
>>> omgdave
>>> @
>>> yahoo.com

>>
>> Wouldn't it be cheaper to just have yours refinished?

>
>
> Looked into that. With the scratches that are on every spoke of 2
> wheels and on about every other spoke on the other 2, and the
> polishing shop not being able to guarantee that the resulting finish
> would look stock, I passed.
>


We took two that had been smacked into a curbing at 40 MPH (damned cd
player). They were very deeply gouged (in the precipitating incident the
front right wheel had been folded under like a retracted landing gear).
There was no issue from the shop as to whether they could be repaired to
spec, and they came back as good as new.

Try a different shop.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 13 Aug 2004, 02:24 am
smithers
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: WTB: '02 CL-S rims

Retractable landing gear effect ohh my!!...



"E. Meyer" <e52.meyer0SPAM@ieee.org> wrote in message
news:BD2AF356.8FA87%e52.meyer0SPAM@ieee.org...
> On 7/26/04 5:20 PM, in article im0bg05dfunugg9d04qjgfq90l68s6tqot@4ax.com,
> "Dave" <myinfois@private.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:53:43 GMT, "E. Meyer" <e52.meyer0SPAM@ieee.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On 7/26/04 10:43 AM, in article

h09ag0hb06vcb9r6n4bddd2jurlg9p9k7t@4ax.com,
> >> "Dave" <myinfois@private.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>> I need 2 or 4 17" CL type S factory rims. Mine are scratched and
> >>> dinged, and I am looking for clean replacements.
> >>> Looking in N. California (to try and save shipping), but will
> >>> consider anything.
> >>>
> >>> Contact me at
> >>> omgdave
> >>> @
> >>> yahoo.com
> >>
> >> Wouldn't it be cheaper to just have yours refinished?

> >
> >
> > Looked into that. With the scratches that are on every spoke of 2
> > wheels and on about every other spoke on the other 2, and the
> > polishing shop not being able to guarantee that the resulting finish
> > would look stock, I passed.
> >

>
> We took two that had been smacked into a curbing at 40 MPH (damned cd
> player). They were very deeply gouged (in the precipitating incident the
> front right wheel had been folded under like a retracted landing gear).
> There was no issue from the shop as to whether they could be repaired to
> spec, and they came back as good as new.
>
> Try a different shop.
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help getting my rims off tipota Honda 3 3 16 Oct 2006 06:47 pm
rims MagPi Acura 2 09 Nov 2005 12:48 pm
rims keon Honda 2 1 07 Jan 2005 06:11 pm
17" rims Paul S Acura 1 02 Apr 2004 10:10 am
RIMS FOR SALE JT Honda 3 0 30 Oct 2003 12:04 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.