Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jul 2004, 09:09 pm
Bruno
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Strange noise

I have a 2001 TL. Whenever I pull away after the car has been parked a
while, there is what I can only describe as a whirring sound coming
from the front of the car. It only lasts a few seconds. Could it be
the ABS system building up pressure? Should I be concerned?

--
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jul 2004, 09:10 pm
Killfox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Strange noise

Goto to Acura-TL.com - there are several threads on this topic. You
probably need not worry but check it out.
'
"Bruno" <insert@address.here> wrote in message
news:2haef01155q47dkoc0rt1koh7epcrh721k@4ax.com...
>I have a 2001 TL. Whenever I pull away after the car has been parked a
> while, there is what I can only describe as a whirring sound coming
> from the front of the car. It only lasts a few seconds. Could it be
> the ABS system building up pressure? Should I be concerned?
>
> --
> Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jul 2004, 09:20 pm
Hello
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Strange noise

I have the same problem with my 92 Integra. I just disabled ABS and now no
more sound.

I think it's the ABS compressor that is causing the whirring sound. I've
heard it cost lots of $$$ to fix
so I'm choose to forget it and just disable ABS altogether.


"Bruno" <insert@address.here> wrote in message
news:2haef01155q47dkoc0rt1koh7epcrh721k@4ax.com...
> I have a 2001 TL. Whenever I pull away after the car has been parked a
> while, there is what I can only describe as a whirring sound coming
> from the front of the car. It only lasts a few seconds. Could it be
> the ABS system building up pressure? Should I be concerned?
>
> --
> Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jul 2004, 09:58 pm
Bruno
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Strange noise

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:20:18 GMT, "Hello" <hello@hello.com> waived the
right to be silent and professed:

>I have the same problem with my 92 Integra. I just disabled ABS and now no
>more sound.
>
>I think it's the ABS compressor that is causing the whirring sound. I've
>heard it cost lots of $$$ to fix
>so I'm choose to forget it and just disable ABS altogether.
>


It only makes the sound for a second or two. Probably not a big deal.
And I do have the extended warranty.

--
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jul 2004, 10:11 pm
Bruno
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Strange noise

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:10:44 -0400, "Killfox"
<killfox@nospam.hotmail.com> waived the right to be silent and
professed:

>Goto to Acura-TL.com - there are several threads on this topic. You
>probably need not worry but check it out.
>'


The forum seems to indicate normal, or common, ABS behavior. I will
ask when I bring it in for service, just in case. The car is three
years old, so I will ask that they replace the brake fluid as well, as
per maintenance schedule. Then I'll see if the noise goes away.

BTW, nice forum. I'm registered now. Does that make me an "official"
Acura owner?

--
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1999 Accord EX V6, strange creak noise in rear Oleg Ace Honda 2 2 11 Mar 2009 01:05 pm
Strange noise behind my 1997 Acura CL 2.2 l0200100@yahoo.com Honda 3 4 25 May 2005 07:54 am
Strange noise in reverse - 1999 Accord JRK Honda 3 2 21 Jun 2004 06:09 pm
Strange noise from my del sol? be Honda 3 2 12 Sep 2003 04:28 pm
Strange noise on Pilot WEC Honda 2 1 22 Jul 2003 10:23 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.