Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 26 Jun 2004, 07:04 pm
Thomas Mischler
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default tires for 3.2cl 2001

Live in Florida so weather is hot and humid with alot of rain. Can anyone
recommend a set of tires for these conditions. Have been unimpressed with
the michelins that came with the car.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2004, 05:50 pm
Kryptoknight
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: tires for 3.2cl 2001

summer Kumho

"Thomas Mischler" <tmisc@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:iJSdndZc2rmJnEPd4p2dnA@adelphia.com...
> Live in Florida so weather is hot and humid with alot of rain. Can anyone
> recommend a set of tires for these conditions. Have been unimpressed with
> the michelins that came with the car.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 28 Jun 2004, 09:58 pm
Tim Wisner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: tires for 3.2cl 2001

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:50:46 GMT, "Kryptoknight" <kryptoknight@att.net> wrote:

>summer Kumho
>
>"Thomas Mischler" <tmisc@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>news:iJSdndZc2rmJnEPd4p2dnA@adelphia.com...
>> Live in Florida so weather is hot and humid with alot of rain. Can anyone
>> recommend a set of tires for these conditions. Have been unimpressed with
>> the michelins that came with the car.


I really like my Kumho KH11s. :-) No drawbacks if you don't drive in snow,
although they can handle a little snow OK...

Enjoy,

Tim Wisner

www.wisner.us
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jun 2004, 06:49 am
Kryptoknight
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: tires for 3.2cl 2001

what about Toyo tires ? from what i've read, they perform very well, but
tread life rating is about half that of Yokohama's, my guess is a softer
compound.


"Tim Wisner" <tlwisner@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news4j1e0h996e6tos68586s7vpv04fem0ghf@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:50:46 GMT, "Kryptoknight" <kryptoknight@att.net>

wrote:
>
> >summer Kumho
> >
> >"Thomas Mischler" <tmisc@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> >news:iJSdndZc2rmJnEPd4p2dnA@adelphia.com...
> >> Live in Florida so weather is hot and humid with alot of rain. Can

anyone
> >> recommend a set of tires for these conditions. Have been unimpressed

with
> >> the michelins that came with the car.

>
> I really like my Kumho KH11s. :-) No drawbacks if you don't drive in

snow,
> although they can handle a little snow OK...
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Tim Wisner
>
> www.wisner.us



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 29 Jun 2004, 07:05 am
Ariel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: tires for 3.2cl 2001

I have Toyo tires on my RSX and I'm very happy with them. Good on ice/snow,
dry surface and in rain. Unlike the stock Michelins and Toyos come with
100k km warranty.

A.

"Kryptoknight" <kryptoknight@att.net> wrote in news:WObEc.158824$Gx4.25469
@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

> what about Toyo tires ? from what i've read, they perform very well, but
> tread life rating is about half that of Yokohama's, my guess is a softer
> compound.
>
>
> "Tim Wisner" <tlwisner@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> news4j1e0h996e6tos68586s7vpv04fem0ghf@4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:50:46 GMT, "Kryptoknight" <kryptoknight@att.net>

> wrote:
>>
>> >summer Kumho
>> >
>> >"Thomas Mischler" <tmisc@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> >news:iJSdndZc2rmJnEPd4p2dnA@adelphia.com...
>> >> Live in Florida so weather is hot and humid with alot of rain. Can

> anyone
>> >> recommend a set of tires for these conditions. Have been unimpressed

> with
>> >> the michelins that came with the car.

>>
>> I really like my Kumho KH11s. :-) No drawbacks if you don't drive in

> snow,
>> although they can handle a little snow OK...
>>
>> Enjoy,
>>
>> Tim Wisner
>>
>> www.wisner.us

>
>
>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tires for 2001 accord lx ap Honda 3 2 28 Dec 2005 04:03 pm
Tires for 2001 Accord 4cyl. sfroh Honda 2 2 28 Oct 2004 07:00 am
Winter Tires for 2001 TL Bruno Acura 4 10 Sep 2004 12:28 pm
tires for 2001 Integra Paul S. Acura 1 06 Mar 2004 03:16 am
GoodYear Tires for 2001 CL-S? Harry Edwards Acura 0 15 Dec 2003 11:56 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.