Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 13 Jun 2004, 01:23 pm
TANKIE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Acura VS Accord

I see that the new Accord v6 is really fast like the Acura TL too. Is the TL
pretty much an upgraded version of the Accord?

Being a Lexus ES300 owner, I am familiar with platform sharing as mine is Camry
based. At first I thought the ES300 was pretty mych a v6 Camry with minor
changes, but I came to realize that it's really a different car since most
parts have been upgraded in the Lexus. Same story for thr TL?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 13 Jun 2004, 02:41 pm
E. Meyer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Acura VS Accord

On 6/13/04 1:23 PM, in article 20040613142304.19807.00001178@mb-m02.aol.com,
"TANKIE" <tankie@aol.com> wrote:

> I see that the new Accord v6 is really fast like the Acura TL too. Is the TL
> pretty much an upgraded version of the Accord?
>
> Being a Lexus ES300 owner, I am familiar with platform sharing as mine is
> Camry
> based. At first I thought the ES300 was pretty mych a v6 Camry with minor
> changes, but I came to realize that it's really a different car since most
> parts have been upgraded in the Lexus. Same story for thr TL?
>
> Thanks


Different engine, different skin, but otherwise the TL is pretty much a
flushed out Accord.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 14 Jun 2004, 09:49 pm
kbstreet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Acura VS Accord

They come from the same platform, but other than that, they are completely
different. I just traded in an '04 Accord V-6 for a TL w/ NAVI & there is
no difference between the 2.

Bigger engine, auto stick trans, memory system, perforated leather interior,
17" wheels, Bluetooth technology, much better stereo, etc., etc.

There is no comparison!!!

"E. Meyer" <e52.meyer0SPAM@ieee.org> wrote in message
news:BCF2181D.84A37%e52.meyer0SPAM@ieee.org...
> On 6/13/04 1:23 PM, in article
> 20040613142304.19807.00001178@mb-m02.aol.com,
> "TANKIE" <tankie@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> I see that the new Accord v6 is really fast like the Acura TL too. Is
>> the TL
>> pretty much an upgraded version of the Accord?
>>
>> Being a Lexus ES300 owner, I am familiar with platform sharing as mine is
>> Camry
>> based. At first I thought the ES300 was pretty mych a v6 Camry with minor
>> changes, but I came to realize that it's really a different car since
>> most
>> parts have been upgraded in the Lexus. Same story for thr TL?
>>
>> Thanks

>
> Different engine, different skin, but otherwise the TL is pretty much a
> flushed out Accord.
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jun 2004, 04:55 am
Jeremiah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Acura VS Accord

kbstreet wrote:
> They come from the same platform, but other than that, they are
> completely different. I just traded in an '04 Accord V-6 for a TL w/
> NAVI & there is no difference between the 2.
>
> Bigger engine, auto stick trans, memory system, perforated leather
> interior, 17" wheels, Bluetooth technology, much better stereo, etc.,
> etc.
>
> There is no comparison!!!
>

Huh? First you say, "there is no difference between the 2", and then you
say, "there is no comparison"! Which is it, I'm confused! ;-)


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jun 2004, 09:06 pm
Frank
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Acura VS Accord


"Jeremiah" <jsmerk@aol.com> wrote in message
news:10ctht8lg96fj13@corp.supernews.com...
> kbstreet wrote:
> > They come from the same platform, but other than that, they

are
> > completely different. I just traded in an '04 Accord V-6 for

a TL w/
> > NAVI & there is no difference between the 2.
> >
> > Bigger engine, auto stick trans, memory system, perforated

leather
> > interior, 17" wheels, Bluetooth technology, much better

stereo, etc.,
> > etc.
> >
> > There is no comparison!!!
> >

> Huh? First you say, "there is no difference between the 2",

and then you
> say, "there is no comparison"! Which is it, I'm confused! ;-)
>


He ment no comparaison.
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jun 2004, 09:30 pm
kbstreet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Acura VS Accord

I meant there is no comparison. The TL blows the Accord away.

"Jeremiah" <jsmerk@aol.com> wrote in message
news:10ctht8lg96fj13@corp.supernews.com...
> kbstreet wrote:
>> They come from the same platform, but other than that, they are
>> completely different. I just traded in an '04 Accord V-6 for a TL w/
>> NAVI & there is no difference between the 2.
>>
>> Bigger engine, auto stick trans, memory system, perforated leather
>> interior, 17" wheels, Bluetooth technology, much better stereo, etc.,
>> etc.
>>
>> There is no comparison!!!
>>

> Huh? First you say, "there is no difference between the 2", and then you
> say, "there is no comparison"! Which is it, I'm confused! ;-)
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 15 Jun 2004, 10:49 pm
JXStern
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Acura VS Accord

On 13 Jun 2004 18:23:04 GMT, tankie@aol.com (TANKIE) wrote:
>Being a Lexus ES300 owner, I am familiar with platform sharing as mine is Camry
>based. At first I thought the ES300 was pretty mych a v6 Camry with minor
>changes, but I came to realize that it's really a different car since most
>parts have been upgraded in the Lexus. Same story for thr TL?


Call it different or the same, the relationship is similar.

J.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jun 2004, 07:44 pm
Jeremiah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Acura VS Accord

kbstreet wrote:
> I meant there is no comparison. The TL blows the Accord away.
>

I can truly appreciate the enthusiasm for the TL, but is there really that
much difference between the 2 cars? There was an article in the local paper
saying that the handling of the new TL leaves a lot to be desired. Seems
with the higher HP engine this year, that they've numbed the steering to
correct the torque steer problem. It leaves the car with a wandering, vague
feel on the highway. Hard to keep it in a straight line down the road, many
minor corrections to the steering wheel. Something to do with dampening the
steering of the higher HP model in '04. Is there any truth to this, I
haven't seen anything about it on this newsgroup. Just
wondering............ ;-)


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jun 2004, 08:14 pm
Sid Schweiger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Acura VS Accord

>Seems with the higher HP engine this year, that they've numbed the steering to
correct the torque steer problem. It leaves the car with a wandering, vague
feel on the highway. Hard to keep it in a straight line down the road, many
minor corrections to the steering wheel. Something to do with dampening the
steering of the higher HP model in '04. Is there any truth to this, I haven't
seen anything about it on this newsgroup. Just wondering............ ;-)<

My '04 TL doesn't do any of that. It doesn't feel vague, or wander all over
the road. In fact, it's one of the more precise steering systems I've ever
used.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jun 2004, 05:49 am
Jeremiah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Acura VS Accord

Sid Schweiger wrote:
>> Seems with the higher HP engine this year, that they've numbed the
>> steering to

> correct the torque steer problem. It leaves the car with a
> wandering, vague feel on the highway. Hard to keep it in a straight
> line down the road, many minor corrections to the steering wheel.
> Something to do with dampening the steering of the higher HP model in
> '04. Is there any truth to this, I haven't seen anything about it on
> this newsgroup. Just wondering............ ;-)<
>
> My '04 TL doesn't do any of that. It doesn't feel vague, or wander
> all over the road. In fact, it's one of the more precise steering
> systems I've ever used.


Well, maybe the guy doing the road test just doesn't like the new TL??
Probably a Lexus man......!


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Acura TL is an Accord, right? Mike Honda 2 17 29 Jun 2006 11:20 pm
Spark Plugs for 1999 Acura CL & 2000 Acura TL Devin Acura 2 05 Feb 2005 07:56 am
Talked with Acura Headquarters re: 2004 Acura TL Tire Problem rll Acura 2 10 Nov 2004 04:24 pm
Replacement Tires for Acura TLs - Talked to Acura Today rll Acura 0 27 Feb 2004 06:59 pm
Acura Experts there? Acura God, Jafir? I need some expertise Mikey Acura 2 22 Sep 2003 09:25 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.