Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 29 May 2004, 11:21 am
Seth G.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 92 Acura Legend coolant leak: HELP!

The temperature gauge started to rise one day while driving, so I
pulled the car over immediately and turned off the engine. I checked
the coolant reservoir (assuming I was low on coolant) only to find
that there was plenty. I waited a little while, started the car again
and drove home with the temp gauge in the normal range.

Once home, I noticed dripping coolant below the car halfway between
the passenger and driver side. Once under the car, I notice that the
majority of the fluid was coming from somewhere between the engine and
the firewall (as opposed to near the radiator). I also noticed that
if I park the car on a downward slope (the engine below the trunk) no
colant puddle forms. However, when I park the car on an upward slope
(the engine above the trunk) a very large puddle forms. Also when I
squeeze the upper radiator hose and listen carefully (with the engine
off), I hear air sucking in and out somewhere between the back of the
engine and the firewall. I cant seem to trace where the leak is
coming from while beneath the car, nor can I see what is sucking air
in and out when I squeeze the upper radaitor hose from above.

I know the general area that the coolant is coming from, I just cant
seem to locate exactly where it is. Any guess as to what could be
leaking coolant between the back of the engine and the firewall?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 29 May 2004, 02:20 pm
ESmith
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Acura Legend coolant leak: HELP!

It could be the heater core.

--
Ed Smith
"Seth G." <snuffleupigus@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:e0503dd.0405290821.6d6b69b0@posting.google.co m...
> The temperature gauge started to rise one day while driving, so I
> pulled the car over immediately and turned off the engine. I checked
> the coolant reservoir (assuming I was low on coolant) only to find
> that there was plenty. I waited a little while, started the car again
> and drove home with the temp gauge in the normal range.
>
> Once home, I noticed dripping coolant below the car halfway between
> the passenger and driver side. Once under the car, I notice that the
> majority of the fluid was coming from somewhere between the engine and
> the firewall (as opposed to near the radiator). I also noticed that
> if I park the car on a downward slope (the engine below the trunk) no
> colant puddle forms. However, when I park the car on an upward slope
> (the engine above the trunk) a very large puddle forms. Also when I
> squeeze the upper radiator hose and listen carefully (with the engine
> off), I hear air sucking in and out somewhere between the back of the
> engine and the firewall. I cant seem to trace where the leak is
> coming from while beneath the car, nor can I see what is sucking air
> in and out when I squeeze the upper radaitor hose from above.
>
> I know the general area that the coolant is coming from, I just cant
> seem to locate exactly where it is. Any guess as to what could be
> leaking coolant between the back of the engine and the firewall?



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 31 May 2004, 10:38 pm
Stuart Gordon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Acura Legend coolant leak: HELP!

Dont overheat your Legend. If you overheat, the motor can seize (very $$$$)
or the head gasket can blow and its a big big expensive job to repair also.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01 Jun 2004, 08:57 am
J M
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Acura Legend coolant leak: HELP!

Not too familiar with legends, but what about the water pump?


"Stuart Gordon" <sgordon0533@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:WSSuc.263764$0qd.3904@twister01.bloor.is.net. cable.rogers.com...
> Dont overheat your Legend. If you overheat, the motor can seize (very

$$$$)
> or the head gasket can blow and its a big big expensive job to repair

also.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07 Jun 2004, 01:23 pm
Stuart Gordon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: 92 Acura Legend coolant leak: HELP!

water pump and timing belts should be replaced every 6 years or 90,000
miles.

"J M" <noonehome@nothing.net> wrote in message
news:lX%uc.5$Cz2.3@fe1.columbus.rr.com...
> Not too familiar with legends, but what about the water pump?
>
>
> "Stuart Gordon" <sgordon0533@rogers.com> wrote in message
> news:WSSuc.263764$0qd.3904@twister01.bloor.is.net. cable.rogers.com...
> > Dont overheat your Legend. If you overheat, the motor can seize (very

> $$$$)
> > or the head gasket can blow and its a big big expensive job to repair

> also.
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
coolant leak randyoo@gmail.com Honda 3 8 24 Jun 2006 07:32 pm
Coolant Leak barry_d Acura 3 30 Dec 2005 08:52 am
95 Accord Coolant leak in the Engine NC Honda 3 3 17 Nov 2005 03:31 pm
92 Acura Legend Intermittent Overheating But No Coolant Loss???? Alan Acura 11 16 Feb 2005 08:15 am
Coolant leak tomb Honda 2 8 08 May 2004 11:12 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 pm.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.