Honda Car Forum


 

Go Back   Honda Car Forum - Accord Parts Civic Tuning Acura Racing > Honda Acura > Acura

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 20 May 2004, 08:35 pm
Uhhuh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Beware Ottawa dealer

I have a friend who was looking at a certified pre-owned TL-S at Camco Autos
on Carling Ave. It turns out that the vehicle had a lein against it and he
(luckily) backed out of the deal. Make sure you do your due diligence and
check out vehicle histories (MTO has a used vehicle info. package that costs
$20 that reveals all the history of the vehicle) because as it turns out
there are some pretty shady dealers out there.


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 20 May 2004, 10:36 pm
Roger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Beware Ottawa dealer



I can't comment on someone else's experience.
But, I on the other hand can say.
My experience with this dealership has been most pleasant.
Before and after purchase.

With both the sales and the service departments.

Purchased my EL about 40 days ago.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 21 May 2004, 09:23 pm
Frank
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Beware Ottawa dealer


"Uhhuh" <c@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:F1drc.96383$0qd.43660@twister01.bloor.is.net. cable.rogers.co
m...
> I have a friend who was looking at a certified pre-owned TL-S

at Camco Autos
> on Carling Ave. It turns out that the vehicle had a lein

against it and he
> (luckily) backed out of the deal. Make sure you do your due

diligence and
> check out vehicle histories (MTO has a used vehicle info.

package that costs
> $20 that reveals all the history of the vehicle) because as it

turns out
> there are some pretty shady dealers out there.


Thanks for the information. This happens way more often then you
think. There was a TV show about this same issue recently in
Quebec. Seems that many dealers sales used cars with lein on
them.

As for me, I had so far an "acceptable" experience with Camco
Acura, but no more. I took possession of a RSX and the tires were
overinflated by 10 pounds! There are some obvious fit-and-finish
things they could have fixed prior to delivery, but did not.
Nothing bad, mind you, and nothing that will not be addressed
come my first oil change, but I would have like to receive a car
that had been prep properly. Afterall, I paid 900$ delivery
charge! I guess that the only reason I give it a passing grade
was because the sale rep was cool, and the car itself is amazing.

My experience of the sale process was also "just ok". They tell
you they will give you a third free oil changes if you say that
the experience was excellent. So I did (oh, the shame!).

My manager brought his CL there, and only had one negative
experience. They said his brakes needed changing. He did not
believe them and went to a brake expert who both told him
_and_showed_ him that they were fine.

So since then, I do not trust them when it comes to maintenance.
I will ask for my parts back. However, we have no other choice
in Ottawa, except for Acura Casino in Gatineau. Did anyone heard
good things about them?.

Acura makes amazing cars, but lack of dealership competition is
not good for us customers.

Good luck man


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 21 May 2004, 09:43 pm
Ghislain
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Beware Ottawa dealer

I bought my TL from Camco and now go to Casino Acura for service. Their
service is OK and they are closer to my place.

"Frank" <NOSPAM@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:sQyrc.92698$Zxc.80247@news04.bloor.is.net.cab le.rogers.com...
>
> "Uhhuh" <c@nospam.net> wrote in message
> news:F1drc.96383$0qd.43660@twister01.bloor.is.net. cable.rogers.co
> m...
> > I have a friend who was looking at a certified pre-owned TL-S

> at Camco Autos
> > on Carling Ave. It turns out that the vehicle had a lein

> against it and he
> > (luckily) backed out of the deal. Make sure you do your due

> diligence and
> > check out vehicle histories (MTO has a used vehicle info.

> package that costs
> > $20 that reveals all the history of the vehicle) because as it

> turns out
> > there are some pretty shady dealers out there.

>
> Thanks for the information. This happens way more often then you
> think. There was a TV show about this same issue recently in
> Quebec. Seems that many dealers sales used cars with lein on
> them.
>
> As for me, I had so far an "acceptable" experience with Camco
> Acura, but no more. I took possession of a RSX and the tires were
> overinflated by 10 pounds! There are some obvious fit-and-finish
> things they could have fixed prior to delivery, but did not.
> Nothing bad, mind you, and nothing that will not be addressed
> come my first oil change, but I would have like to receive a car
> that had been prep properly. Afterall, I paid 900$ delivery
> charge! I guess that the only reason I give it a passing grade
> was because the sale rep was cool, and the car itself is amazing.
>
> My experience of the sale process was also "just ok". They tell
> you they will give you a third free oil changes if you say that
> the experience was excellent. So I did (oh, the shame!).
>
> My manager brought his CL there, and only had one negative
> experience. They said his brakes needed changing. He did not
> believe them and went to a brake expert who both told him
> _and_showed_ him that they were fine.
>
> So since then, I do not trust them when it comes to maintenance.
> I will ask for my parts back. However, we have no other choice
> in Ottawa, except for Acura Casino in Gatineau. Did anyone heard
> good things about them?.
>
> Acura makes amazing cars, but lack of dealership competition is
> not good for us customers.
>
> Good luck man
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2004, 08:17 pm
Kryptoknight
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Beware Ottawa dealer

it's not your responsibility to do all the background checking. granted,
leads to unwanted headaches, but i'm hypothesizing even if you bought the
vehicle you would be safe under the law (dealer would be responsible for
such scandal)....


"Uhhuh" <c@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:F1drc.96383$0qd.43660@twister01.bloor.is.net. cable.rogers.com...
> I have a friend who was looking at a certified pre-owned TL-S at Camco

Autos
> on Carling Ave. It turns out that the vehicle had a lein against it and

he
> (luckily) backed out of the deal. Make sure you do your due diligence and
> check out vehicle histories (MTO has a used vehicle info. package that

costs
> $20 that reveals all the history of the vehicle) because as it turns out
> there are some pretty shady dealers out there.
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 24 May 2004, 12:10 am
Stuart Gordon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Beware Ottawa dealer

Yup, ya don't have to worry about liens when buying from a dealer .... you
do if you buy from an individual,


"Kryptoknight" <kryptoknight@att.net> wrote in message
news:B2csc.20869$fF3.535400@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> it's not your responsibility to do all the background checking. granted,
> leads to unwanted headaches, but i'm hypothesizing even if you bought the
> vehicle you would be safe under the law (dealer would be responsible for
> such scandal)....
>
>
> "Uhhuh" <c@nospam.net> wrote in message
> news:F1drc.96383$0qd.43660@twister01.bloor.is.net. cable.rogers.com...
> > I have a friend who was looking at a certified pre-owned TL-S at Camco

> Autos
> > on Carling Ave. It turns out that the vehicle had a lein against it and

> he
> > (luckily) backed out of the deal. Make sure you do your due diligence

and
> > check out vehicle histories (MTO has a used vehicle info. package that

> costs
> > $20 that reveals all the history of the vehicle) because as it turns out
> > there are some pretty shady dealers out there.
> >
> >

>
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ottawa area mechanic diaphanosoma@hotmail.com Honda 3 1 01 Aug 2006 04:00 am
Beware Honda Thiefs~ HondaGurlll Honda 2 15 04 Jun 2006 07:07 pm
Dow Honda - Ottawa radar Honda 2 0 27 Nov 2004 05:51 pm
The best place in ottawa to buy tires? stylesandsmiles Honda 3 0 10 Nov 2004 06:25 am
BEWARE AUTO TRANSPORTERS! OOHRAH!@USMC.net Acura 0 05 Jan 2004 01:15 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 am.


Attribution:
Honda News | Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
HondaCarForum.com is not affiliated with Honda Motor Company in any way. Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaCarForum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.